Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? (1201 Views)

Disciplining Children / Disciplining Your Wife / Disciplining Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by sweetpie23: 5:45am On Aug 26, 2009
just one evil look from my mum was enough to put the fear of god in me lol grin
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Kunbee: 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2009
Cane, belt, slippers and mum also has lovely hands
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by ifyalways(f): 1:21am On Aug 31, 2009
Depends on the offence undecided
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by TOPE20001(f): 1:39am On Aug 31, 2009
slaps but only from mum sad tongue
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by mohawkchic(f): 1:48am On Aug 31, 2009
~ grin I hear you on The Look I've passed it on to my son!! grin

~Other than the Look there was Lectures. . Argh! Me & my siblings dreaded lectures but in hindsight it did a lot of good! No screaming matches/pysical punishment ,tho i did get the odd deserving slap or flick behind my ears from my Ma. . .  grin

~Erm usually after the "lecture",we get to do some reflecting on what was lectured  or on what we'd done . . .an apology letter wud be written. . .it wasnt mandatory but it was our own way of trying to make amends. . I loved the writing letter bit . . that was mostly w/ my Dada. . he'll reply too. . i've still got some of his letters & mine. . .I've had a good laff reading them over the years!
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by iice(f): 4:38am On Aug 31, 2009
Looks, lectures (hate those), koboko, 90degrees, pick the pin, kneeling down cheesy

MC i'd rather get caned than listen to the lectures. . .
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2009
My mum's words are caustic. She would tell you things that would make you cry for days!! sad
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by SeanT21(f): 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2009
I used to stand in the corner with my hands behind my back.

Got beaten with whips, slippers, shoes, sticks, etc.

Lock me in my room till she got back from work without eating anything.

"Pump Tire". I hated this one the most. I had to go up and down with my fingers in my ear. My whole body was on fire after I did it for the 10th time

Now,All my mother have to do is shout at me and then I get afraid
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by MrCrackles(m): 11:14pm On Aug 31, 2009
Nepa cable! tongue
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2009
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by mamagee6(f): 12:41am On Sep 01, 2009
Slippers, broom, spoon and garri turner. grin grin
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by mohawkchic(f): 2:13am On Sep 01, 2009
~Whoah! I wudnt want to be you lot! grin Bet it didnt stop you's from re-offending!

~Some of the punishment listed wud be classified as Child-Abuse not discipline!
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 01, 2009
My grandma- chase me around with cane.

My aunts- slaps, cane, wire, Painful body stance, kneeling down,etc

My mom- Lectures, leactures, and more leactures. I prefer cane

,mama-gee:

Slippers, broom, spoon and garri turner. grin grin
rotflmao, how can I forget these ones.

Imagine someone taking off her slippers to beat the nonsense out of you angry In public
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by davidif: 6:32am On Sep 01, 2009
Cane, belt, slippers and mum also has lovely hands

All of the above and anything else you could think of (including NEPA cable).
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 01, 2009
The Look
Canes and any near by object
The Pastor
My mum also reported us to her twin brother. This guy does not shout. He walks with his hands in his pockets or behind him. He made us feel like shit whenever he spoke/talked to us.

My dad never really punished or beat us.
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by mohawkchic(f): 3:36am On Sep 02, 2009
FL Gators:

My grandma- chase me around with cane.

My aunts- slaps, cane, wire, Painful body stance, kneeling down,etc

My mom- Lectures, leactures, and more leactures. I prefer cane

~No Kidding! shocked. . I was terrified of any Physical punishment/ Beating. . .so as much as i dreaded the Lectures i prefered them to being grounded even! I never once got the whip in school even!

FL Gators:
rotflmao, how can I forget these ones.

Imagine someone taking off her slippers to beat the nonsense out of you angry In public

~ grin The memory is prolly not funny to you but i find it soOo funny the way you put it into context! Beat the Nonsense out of you. . . .Thats funny cheesy
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by ima1(f): 4:21am On Sep 02, 2009
belt and koboko, and then we had to say "thank you daddy" after he was done. i hated that.
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2009
Mom spoilt me, but Dad will tell me to "stool" down or raise hands and close eyes and i hate those stuff, very painful
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Secretz(f): 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2009
lol funny stories. . . well dad didn't touch a fiber on my body . . but mumsy (when bros werent around to protect me), ,

1. She would throw shoe, slipper, high heels . . . and even if I ran away . . the footwear managed to do a right turn and still land on me. lol

2. Call every single member in my family and report me . . . . 'do you know what your niece did/do you know what your cousin did. . . . ?' . . . . .think I would prefer the 5 gear shoe. lol
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by chic2pimp(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ujujoan:

My mum's words are caustic. She would tell you things that would make you cry for days!! sad
that is mental torture my dear. The Girls in my family got told off (ocassinally minor punishment was given)while the boyz got serious beatings(ocassionally major punishment).They were apparently meant to toughen us up.
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2009
mohawkchic:

~No Kidding! shocked. . I was terrified of any Physical punishment/ Beating. . .so as much as i dreaded the Lectures i prefered them to being grounded even! I never once got the whip in school even!

LOL the spanking was quick and over it. I got used to it and it stopped hurting.

The lectures may last for hours, talk talk talk. About how you've let her down, of how bad you are, of what you did in the past of what your cousins and aunts will think (like I care). Then she calls her sister and that one starts talking too. Of how my cousins were perfect and wouldnt do such. cheiiiiiiii, it wasnt only boring, it was predictable.

And if you dare to talk, she adds more things to say. embarassed embarassed
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by follypimpi(m): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2009
Touch your toe with one leg raised up
Carry a Massive,heavy Yam while Kneeling down
Cane

Then My dad specialty is a Strong Knock on ones head,the head most times swells up for days with severe Head ache.
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Secretz(f): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
follypimpi:

Touch your toe with one leg raised up
Carry a Massive,heavy Yam while Kneeling down
Cane

Then My dad specialty is a Strong Knock on ones head,the head most times swells up for days with severe Head ache.

roflmao. poor boy. . . used to watch my bros have to do the touch toe one leg up. lol kpele. tongue
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by mohawkchic(f): 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL the spanking was quick and over it. I got used to it and it stopped hurting.

The lectures may last for hours, talk talk talk. About how you've let her down, of how bad you are, of what you did in the past of what your cousins and aunts will think (like I care). Then she calls her sister and that one starts talking too. Of how my cousins were perfect and wouldnt do such. cheiiiiiiii, it wasnt only boring, it was predictable.

And if you dare to talk, she adds more things to say. embarassed embarassed

~Aaah Okies! I see what you mean. . .
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:41am On Sep 03, 2009
well sad to say but. . .
she used to use a belt sometimes
or maybe a long thin twig from outside (she used to make me go and get it so she can use it to whip me. lol)
sometimes just her regular hands or fist

but sometimes it would turn into an all out war!! i started to defend myself.
well i havent had one of those in YEARS!! its all good. grin
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by tubabie(f): 1:55am On Sep 03, 2009
Rotflmao@ the replies

For me

The Look
Twigs/Cane
Touch Ur toes with a leg up( argghhh so painful)
The dreaded Lectures= never ending embarassed
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by chiogo(f): 3:38am On Sep 03, 2009
LMFAO. .

Cane, only a couple of times - back when I used to be very stubborn(still am but a lot less)  embarassed

The cane was abandoned long time ago and it became slapping. But I haven't been dealt with neither in a WHILE.

I guess whooping time is over, I'm grown  cool

Oh yea, the lectures still continue till this day.
Re: What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You? by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 06, 2009
mum never raise hands to beat me for ones but my dad beats with belt and both controls with NIGERIAN EYES, but they both never scold us outside our home,but my dad is never tired to beat the hell out of us if it takes himeven in the middle of the night

(1) (Reply)

Because Of Money / What Are The Major Causes Of Broken Homes? / Can You Marry A Man For Money Even When U Dont Love Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.