Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,610 members, 7,801,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. (1384 Views)

See The Tortoise I Just Caught / A Very Big Tortoise Found And Slaughtered In My Neighbourhood. [PHOTOS] / Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by thaoriginator: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2016
It's me and tortoises have something I common.. Or are they my guiding spirits cos I often see them around me.. But I no like snake oh

Last year May I found one tortoise and I posted it here.. Here's the thread www.nairaland.com/2337312/check-out-cute-little-tortoise

And now I found another one which bigger.. I was resting under a tree having a 'Good Time' (you knw what that means) wink medidating while levitating and suddenly I look to the side, lo and behold what I saw was a nice cute Tortoise.. "ah, my guy so you dey yah" I said to him.. Without saying a word, he stick his head out and nod in a gesture that says "yes oh, I dey here since na, abeg pass me that thing mek me sef feel am". Lol grin

That's how I met my new cute tortoise. I took him or her home and put it inna big bowl of water.. Fed it sardine and some fruits.. the guy dey enjoy oh.. My guy just dey swim dey go.

Pls is there anyone that keeps a tortoise, let's gist about it.. Let's share ideas..

Pics below:

Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hmmmn...am just forced to ask..'Do you live in a forest?'
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by aluko360(m): 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
kenkenn:

No nah zoo the dude escape
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by thaoriginator: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
kenkenn:
I reside in Ikoyi, the first one was found around Lekki Phase one, but this one was found here in Ikoyi.. Tortoise can be found anywhere bro.. tortoises are wanders..

Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by thaoriginator: 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lalasticlala help me put this on FP for discussion sake.. Don't worry I own a snake someday wink
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by bizgenius1: 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
not to sound superstitious,but tortoise is not really a good sign i stand to be corrected though but u could have just leave it alone and let it crawl by instead of touching it,someone might have used it for some spiritual stuff...not discouraging u o just sayin.. undecided
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by Gozzzy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
My brother, tortoises make gud pets, considering their longevity... Abeg disregard the poster above me, thats still living in the days of sango, obatala, amadioha and ko, thats why he thinks, an innocent animal shouldnt be touched, for fear of spiritual repercussions. Enjoy ur pet bro. Btw, tortoise meat, sweet die o.
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by Mckandre(m): 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
OP, u gonna kill that little guy,tortoise is a land animal not amphibious, this is not the turtle that swims.
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by thaoriginator: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
bizgenius1:
not to sound superstitious,but tortoise is not really a good sign i stand to be corrected though but u could have just leave it alone and let it crawl by instead of touching it,someone might have used it for some spiritual stuff...not discouraging u o just sayin.. undecided
African mentality. You must a village boy, right? No offence.
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by laparole4(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
This is a therapin and they are aquatic. I used to have them before until I lost em. They are actually nice pets to have and fun to watch.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by teflondoncuzo(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Tortoise are partly aquatic and partly terrestrial animal so u can't leave if in water permanently it would die , if u can construct a kind of system that allows it to enter and come out if water on its own would be better

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by jaymichael(m): 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
thaoriginator:
It's me and tortoises have something I common.. Or are they my guiding spirits cos I often see them around me.. But I no like snake oh

Last year May I found one tortoise and I posted it here.. Here's the thread www.nairaland.com/2337312/check-out-cute-little-tortoise

And now I found another one which bigger.. I was resting under a tree having a 'Good Time' (you knw what that means) wink medidating while levitating and suddenly I look to the side, lo and behold what I saw was a nice cute Tortoise.. "ah, my guy so you dey yah" I said to him.. Without saying a word, he stick his head out and nod in a gesture that says "yes oh, I dey here since na, abeg pass me that thing mek me sef feel am". Lol grin

That's how I met my new cute tortoise. I took him or her home and put it inna big bowl of water.. Fed it sardine and some fruits.. the guy dey enjoy oh.. My guy just dey swim dey go.

Pls is there anyone that keeps a tortoise, let's gist about it.. Let's share ideas..

Pics below:
Dont let the water be too much because it needs to breathe air. Putting the animal in a bowl of water means it will have to keep swimming on the surface to breathe and it will tire. as long as it's enclosure is wet or the water is "leg deep" It is ok.
Re: Nairalanders, Check Out Another Tortoise I Found 3 Days Ago.. by shamecurls(m): 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
How much do u intend selling?

(1) (Reply)

Male Italian Mastiff puppy Now On Sale / Full Pedigree Adult Rottweiler For Sales / Parvovirus.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.