Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. (14308 Views)

Nigeria Vs Honduras: Rio 2016 Olympics 3rd Place (3 - 2) On 20th August 2016 / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by robosky02(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
Honduras U23 1-3 Nigeria U23: Okechukwu, Saviour & Saturday return respect to wounded Dream Team VI

Samson Siasia's lads swept aside La Bicolor Olimpica to secure third place in the Suwon tournament, with hopes of emerging as champions already dashed

Nigeria finished their deflated Suwon International Youth Tournament campaign with a confident 3-1 victory over Honduras on Monday at the Bucheon Sports Complex to restore some pride despite their failed expedition.

Samson Siasia’s boys into their final game of the knowing they could no longer emerge as champions following defeats to South Korea and Denmark.

However, goals from Azubuike Okechukwu, Godwin Saviour and Keigo Saturday ensured the Dream Team VI at least signed off from the competition with victory, and avoided finishing bottom of the group.

The reigning African U23 champions were far from their glib best on this occasion, but still did enough to earn a comfortable win.

After a borrowing start, Honduras turned up the tempo and Alberth Elis broke the deadlock 17 minutes into the game – a strike which gave the Nigerians a timely reminder of how they were cracked against Denmark.

Nigeria showed more attacking vibrancy during a lukewarm opening, yet it was Honduras who almost got their second courtesy Anthony Lozano.

However, in the second half La Bicolor Olimpica’s resistance was broken ask captain Okechukwu leveled scores in the 61st minute.

That gave Siasia’s lads a sigh of relief as they controlled possession with just under 30 minutes remaining.

Things got worse for Jorge Luis Pinto’s boys in the 69th minute as they conceded a penalty after Ndifreke Effiong was brought down inside their goal area. Saviour took up the responsibility in the 18-yeard box and first past goalkeeper Harold Fonseca.

And Saturday sealed the win for his side with three minutes left to play with a wonder strike from the center of the field that beat Fonseca.

Nigeria U23 will return on later this week as they hope to ring some changes to the squad ahead the 2016 Olympics men’s football event

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/5197/international-football/2016/06/06/24329792/honduras-u23-1-3-nigeria-u23-okechukwu-saviour-saturday?ICID=HP_HN_1

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by robosky02(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
guys what lesson should we learn from this

after 2 defeat?
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by jejemanito: 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
What is honduras?

Wake me up when they beat something tangible to be called a team

6 Likes

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by jejemanito: 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
robosky02:

after 2 defeat?

We learnt that you're a greedy man asking by being both the OP and FTC
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by ikbnice(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
Well, I never put my hope on them, I have learnt lesson from a man called Buhari. If dem like make dem lose all their matches.
BOTTOMLINE: You can only be dissapointed when you have expectations. Ask some Nigerians, they know what this means.

2 Likes

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by ritababe(f): 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
they no dey fuckup before
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by christejames(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
Biko, should I use my ube (peer) to eat my roasted maize or use my roasted maize to chop the ube?

...really confused!

1 Like

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
this piece is to wack for FP....only GOD knows who is charge today.
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
christejames:
Biko, should I use my ube (peer) to eat my roasted maize or use my roasted maize to chop the ube?

...really confused!

it seems u re in ogoni land....well in Falz voice...'chuse ur shoice'

1 Like

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by goodforsomthing: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nice one for them and their oga's at the glass house,

9jabet, Merrybet, Bet9ja and Naijabet having account with all this sport betting site has help me winning alot. you can try it too am sure it will

work for you too
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Mopolchi: 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hope say no be these boys go play for Olympics
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by femi4: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hypocrite!
When they lost 0-1 and 2-6 to S. Korea and Denmark respectively, we didn't see it on fp
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Thukzee01(m): 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
2 losses nd a win hmmmn nt too good enough
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Charlexistic(m): 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
These guy U23?
Hmmmm nice one
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by abilitycoker(m): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
Kudos to dream team[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
Samson siasia has been losing it of recent.
I personally thinks he is presently far from modern coaching.
His teams always ends up playing well but the end results are always negatives and he is also very bad on players selections.

Saliu Yusuf just won 2 straight matches for the super eagles because he selected the best Nigerian players.
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by mikelonyeka(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Dis guys don try sha.... I wish dem d best 4 olympic coolDis guys don try sha.... I wish dem d best 4 olympic
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
When they got mauled 2-6 by Denmark, it wasn't on frontpage, but now that they won `almighty' Honduras, it's on frontpage. Moderator, continue.

6 Likes

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by argob44(f): 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
see them faces, old men
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by argob44(f): 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
lol
Austeenx:
When they got mauled 2-6 by Denmark, it wasn't on frontpage, but now that they won `almighty' Honduras, it's on frontpage. Moderator, continue.
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by argob44(f): 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
the main guys re not there yet sha. Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Osimeh, Ahmed Musa, Mikel and more to join the team. na so i hear o

1 Like

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by prinsam30: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
I'm sorry to say this but siasia will not make it past stage 1 of the Olympics if he goes with these set of players.

y not invite the likes of kelechi, success Isaac, Alex iwobi, Moses Simon, victor osimhe
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by robosky02(m): 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
yes that the team

learn the mistake

and bring on the hot guys
argob44:
the main guys re not there yet sha. Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Osimeh, Ahmed Musa, Mikel and more to join the team. na so i hear o
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hi miss @beautyfunke
Would love to have a chat with you.
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
robosky02:

after 2 defeat?
crap
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
Pls, why is this on front-page ??

Just because we won our last game in Suwon after being "Kpraked" 6-2 by Michael laudrup's U-21 Country men and beaten by the worst team in Suwon, South Korea 1-0.

Look, the only lessons Siasia has learnt from this tournament are two central things:

No 1:
- Only 5-6 of the 19 players that went to Suwon deserve Call-Ups to the Manchester and Atlanta training camps and they are Azubuike Okechukwu, Emma Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed, Usman Mohammed and Sadiq Popoola.

The sixth one will be Stanley Amuzie to serve as backup to Kingsley Madu but other than that, I go with the five above.

**If I catch more than 6 players from this 19 that went to Suwon ehn... #MakeWeDeyWatch

No.2:
- His players selection policy is Crap!!!!!

Period!!!!

If we don't take our very best U-23 talents to Rio.... then I advise we do not go as well (that will draw us sanctions shaa.... but it's that bad).. imagine the likes of Obanor, Emiloju, Saturday Kiego (FORGET HIS WONDER GOAL!!!!), Sincere Seth and Amuzie defending against Zlatan, Neymar, James Rodriguez, or even Okazaki?? Haba!!!!

When we have Awaziem, Troost Ekong, Ndidi, Musa Mohammed, Kingsley Madu, Omeruo, etc to serve as our defensive rocks and all are very good quality..... what is Obanor and co doing in this team?? What??!!!

Siasia!!.... Siasia!!!! Siasia!!!!! Siasia!!!!!!

[img]http://www.troll.me/images/dating-site-murderer/i-just-dey-look-you-thumb.jpg[/img]

#ObservationMode

**Waiting for Next Callups to training camps**

4 Likes

Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by Thobiy(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Dem try sha
Re: Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. by allaboutobed(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
na dis one them wan take go win gold for Olympics. I pity dem

(1) (Reply)

Computers Will Decide Next Season’s Champions League Draw / Keshi Is Satisfied With Result Against Zambia / COVID Vaccination: Novak Djokovic Withdraws From US Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.