Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (573 Views)

Buhari Receives Investigated Report Of Suspended SGF & DG Of NIA From Osinbajo / I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by aalangel(f): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan has disclosed today, June 6, that he is being investigated for corruption by the Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government.

Jonathan said this in an exclusive interview with Bloomberg Tv, in London.
“I cannot say the country from the beginning of our independence, that there was no corruption, yes there has been corruption.
“I did very well also, to curtail corruption.
“My approach to corruption, was ‘don’t make money available for anyone to touch.
“We made sure that area of fertiliser subsidies was cleaned up,and the whole corruption there was removed.
“I tried to do the same in the oil industry, but the very people that were accusing us of corruption, were the same people frustrating it, its unfortunate.

Asked if he was concerned that he would be investigated for corruption while in office, Jonathan said he is being investigated.
“Obviously, I’m being investigated”.

Asked if he would be found guilty of corrupt practices, Jonathan said “I wouldn’t want to make certain comments because, when a government is working, its not proper for immediate past presidents to make certain statements.

“I will allow the government to do the work its supposed to do.
“I wouldn’t want to make serious comments on that, its not proper.
“After all these investigations, the whole stories will be properly chronicled.
“I’ve just left office, and I should allow the President and his team to do what they believe is good for the country.

Jonathan’s aides have come under heavy scrutiny, since he left office, a situation he warned them of at the presidential dinner to mark the end of his tenure, on May 28, 2015.

Officials of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, have also been arrested and arraigned for corruption, but the anti-corruption agencies are yet to make public their findings from investigation on Jonathan’s involvement.

Recently, former Principal Secretary to Jonathan, Hassan Tukur was reported to have disclosed certain acts of corruption that occurred during the regime to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, with the hope of getting leniency.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/jonathan-opens-up-im-being-investigated-for-corruption-by-buhari/

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
So many even Auntie Ngozi and Allison dey try am.

Anyway thank God the books are in order, the information act was in action, transparency was real.

They are just using this to give money to his cousin and they boys. Imagine after 1 year and 1 month of fighting corruption only 400 million out of a trillions they have in liquid cash. Now it will be spent in London for who knows what, cause he don't deserve 2 weeks vacation nothing was accomplished angry

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Solowande(m): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Bubu touch not our anointed and do our hero no harm
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Mynd44: 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by FedericGodwin: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
To so many people, you are a cool headed leader but you seemed to allowed corruption too much by your body language then, one of which is that you gave out over #800M to FFK and some others plus diversion of funds meant for arms to fight insurgency.

Though if found guilty, you can't be jailed but Nigerians deserve your apologyapology.

Though, some will still support you irrespective of your shortcomings but let us call a spade a spade. You seemed to be corrupt while in office.
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by tinkinjow: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
Told someone so but u know the zombies, u cannot change their orientation.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers: MASSOB Commends Group For Issuing South-east Governors / News Update:buhari Arrives In Nigeria Today After 10-day Medical Treatment / SSA To Oshiomole Declares For Pdp's Governorship Candidate Pastor Ize-iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.