Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary (28967 Views)

Man Stabs His Boss To Death Over Unpaid Salary In Ondo / Worker Knocks Off Indian Boss’ 7 Teeth Over Unpaid Salary (Photo) / Family Steals Pot Of Soup In Mpape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by NOC1(m): 9:24am On Jun 07, 2016
•Workers relocate to villages to farm

THERE was drama in Igede Ekiti, the headquarters of Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government Area in Ekiti State, on Sunday after a teacher (name withheld) stole a pot of amala (yam flour meal) from a neighbour’s flat.

The incident, which happened at Odogede area of the town at about 1.30pm, caused a stir among the locals who sympathised with the teacher, who works at Ekiti Baptist High School.

It was gathered yesterday that the incident happened in a building made up of three flats.
A source, who lived within the vicinity where the incident happened, said: “The incident happened at about 1.30pm on Sunday when majority of the residents had arrived from their churches and the teacher could not go to church because of the prevailing condition.

“The neighbour on arrival at home prepared an amala, but unknown to her, the teacher had been watching and bidding her time when the owner of the food would leave the kitchen before she struck.
“As the woman preparing the food left the kitchen, the teacher went there and stole the pot of amala and carried it to her room.

“But owner of the food screamed and was startled to find the teacher and her two children eating the amala with palm oil.

“The owner of the food, apparently touched by the action of the teacher, went back to her apartment and brought soup for the teacher and her children to eat to satisfaction.”

The Nation also gathered that many civil servants have relocated to their villages to carry out farming because of the uncertainty surrounding the time they would be paid.

Another source said: “Many of my colleagues had relocated to their villages and hometown to till the land and cultivate crops to keep body and soul together.

“You know this industrial action is making us to devise means to survive, you know life is easier in rural locations and many of them have planted crops like maize, which can be harvested within three months.

“Others are also cultivating cash crops as a fall back option anytime retirement comes. We just have to survive because this is not the best of times for civil servants.

“I also know others who are now learning trades like fashion designing, photography, barbing, decoration, cake making and other crafts.

“Those who combine business with government work and those who are clerics now have more time to practise their vocations.”

Also yesterday, it was discovered that non-payment of salaries has led to the reduction of crowd at Automated Teller Machine (ATM) points in banks in Ado Ekiti.
A bank worker, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the situation could not be unconnected with non-payment of salaries.

He said: “Before now, some of our customers did not bother to ask for ATM cards, even including students. Some said it was easy to collect money through the counter than ATM, because of the long queue. But the situation suddenly changed. The request for ATM cards had increased.

“I want to confirm to you that the civil servants are the highest customers any bank can have in Ekiti and since their salaries are not being paid, patronage in terms of lodgments and withdrawals have reduced considerably.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/unpaid-salary-drama-ekiti-teacher-steals-pot-amala/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 07, 2016
Gov. Fayose, your teacher don turn "Thievers".
Running mouth will not help solve problems o

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:27am On Jun 07, 2016
Blame in on Buhari & APC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by vicstar(m): 9:31am On Jun 07, 2016
sometimes am just baffled by d demon plaguing some people undecided so stealing is now her only alternative lipsrsealed nobody will kill u if u beg cry and u claim to be a teacher? Wtf? Yo schooling

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by madridguy(m): 9:40am On Jun 07, 2016
Chai, I weep for Ekiti Civil Servant.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by NOC1(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2016
Lalasticlala if you like sit for the post
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by nanauju(f): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hunger in the land

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by MrImole: 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
This is difficult for me to believe, these politicians are capable of any thing.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by senboy204(m): 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
vicstar, i pray u dont find yourself in his/her shoes, most of us are quick to judge other ppls actions and question their reasoning but if we were in their shoes I bet it we will do worst things. Lord have mercy

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by LordCenturion(m): 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
To the extent that some people call this animal their hero,

As for ekiti people,u get wat u deserve, wat about the rice he gave u people?, it don finished?,wat happen to stomach infrastructure?
Hungry people

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Edubrazilnwa(m): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
I jst dnt knw why we are taking teachers for granted in this country,they are just advanced labourers they don't deserve to be owed.if u doubt ask teacher corpers d can explain better......Fayose u na my man but u gatz find way pay these people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Sijo01(f): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
shocked amala and palm oil? What a combination.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
The hunger in Ekiti is something else. Even Fayose
now survive on "Iya Awero" Canteen's food undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by EMMANTOP1(m): 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
Eleyi ogidi gan #in_woli's_voice
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by edlion57(m): 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
Apc and propaganda. ....so because fuel is expensive i shld go and thief fuel. ..wetin concern salary with pot of soup

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by wristbangle: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
gringrin

Stomach infrastructure agenda is working

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
cry Fayose pls pay
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by allanphash7(m): 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
HUNGERbad where at thou
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by jomoh: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
What happened to Fayose's stomach infrastructure?
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
vicstar:
sometimes am just baffled by d demon plaguing some people undecided so stealing is now her only alternative lipsrsealed nobody will kill u if u beg cry and u claim to be a teacher? Wtf? Yo schooling
Honey, hunger can make you do desperate things.

Do you really knows what it means to be poor? you don't even know were your next meal is coming from? Before your eyes, hunger wants to take your children away?

There are times we are faced with a situation that can make us throw morals away, the only thing that matters to us then will be "Survival".

But, not in support of stealing though.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
B
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by fireforfire: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
May God forgive me for ever thinking dat Buhari was going to be the messiah to help nig

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Narcissist: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Desperate times calls for desperate measures .....a teacher for that matter ...proposals teaching her students good ethics and morals...ekiti which way
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by dridowu: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ben Bruce Murray please kindly save the people of ekiti just the same way you save osun in their trying peruod

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by abdulaz: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
Fayose is working indeed grin

I only came to sign register, courtesy National Association of Nairaland Zombies, Ekiti Chapter.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Oceemo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
I just love politics
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by kingthreat(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
This story is really very touching. I wish Africans were a bit wiser, why trade your future meals for one month of social infrastructure. That has been the most mediocre political strategy ever.
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
I hope Fayose won't blame it on Buhari.
Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by DonLo: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Big lie. The nation should find a better lie cos this happened originally in Osun and not Ekiti. Trying to discredit Fayose at all cost.
Click like if you've heard the original osun version.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Teacher Steals Pot Of Amala Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
This is what happens when all the money in this country is controlled, enjoyed and even wasted by some privileged persons. God will judge all you wicked leaders of this country driving big cars and living large at our own expense.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between An Australian Imam And A Nigerian Scammer / 5 Armed Robbers Shot Dead In Gun Battle With Police In Delta / Border Patrol Team Hands Over 2 Suspects Arrested With $285,000 To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.