Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge (18752 Views)

CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge / CCT Trial: Saraki Alleges Plot To Remove Him / CCT Trial : Saraki Flies In Experts From US, Israel, Scandinavian Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Trendishine: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
dat judge should join him in prison...he has already began to show his bi-assed self....who is saraki now to delay his trail with all powerful evidences staring him at his face and anus....if dat judge dont send saraki to quick jail as soon as possible and relief nigeria of this insult..let him wait 4 us outside...street ti take over....
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by lailo: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
D judge has already found him guilty.Naija I hail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by YoungExec: 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Sometimes I wonder how qualified this Justice is to preside over this tribunal. Does he not know that he fans the flame of accusations of prejudice against him when he makes silly comments like this?
What is the meaning of 'final consequences'? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by anonimi: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Prales(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Umar, Really! Employing tactical delay to avoid final consequences? Did he really say that? Saraki is just wasting his time defending what Umar has already decided long time ago. It's well with our judicial system.

Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, Danladi Umar on Tuesday accused the Senate President, Bukola Saraki of tactically delaying his trial.

Addressing the counsels to the Senate President at the floor of the tribunal, Umar said Saraki is delaying his trial to avoid the “final consequences.”

The Senate President is currently standing trial on a 16-count charge of false assets declaration when he was the Governor of Kwara State.

The trial has seen the first prosecution witness, Michael Wetkas spending 11 days in the witness box. This, the chairman frowned at and ordered the Senate President’s counsel to ask direct questions and avoid technicalities so as to fasttrack the trial.

He said, ”When you are asking a witness, go straight to the point. You don’t have to find your way of distorting the witness. This is delaying us. You are a senior lawyer, I don’ t want you to do that kind of tactics to delay the matter. We assure you that whatever happens, we are going to be fair,” he said.

“But it seems you are employing tactical delay to avoid final consequences.
“Don’t be afraid. I’m a gentleman.”

But reacting to Umar’s comment, Saraki’s lead counsel, Kanu Agabi admitted that the defence was afraid of the final consequences of the trial.

“We are actually afraid of the final consequences. We really are, and all that we are doing is because we are scared of the final consequences.

“Now, it is time for us to disabuse the minds of the court. Please bear with us. We are not worried about the law. We are worried about the prejudice. We are not afraid of you. I pray for you everyday that your lordship sits here for many more years,” he said.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by dekaz(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
i have been following this SARAKI case not from the court room but on the floor of nairaland , i think we need to wise up, when the case look as if is going SARAKI way (favour him) you will say he has begged TINUBU and co. and that the case is dead but when the game change against him you will be saying something else, are you people not tired about SARAKI issue ? let us mind our life it is very important , all this your talks / argument on nairaland doesn't count at all ,stop wasting you time . i guess CHUKUDDI44 has realised this and has left you guys to your faith. we need to think and get a life
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Mylove55(f): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
sucess001:
This Umar guy talks anyhow for a judge...
umar talk anyhow, and agabi confirm d anyhow, he confirm d fear.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by dekaz(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
yarimo:
I wish I could deliver judgment on SARAKI ,no time kuje prison straight
eya! i feel your pain bro but it is so unfortunate that you are not even a graduate not to talk of been called to BAR , i will advise you first go through these processes maybe after that you can be considered as a BAIL & CHARGE lawyer but you been a judge i dont see you in that position , sorry to disappoint you
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by dekaz(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
yarimo:
I wish I could deliver judgment on SARAKI ,no time kuje prison straight
eya! i feel your pain bro but it is so unfortunate that you are not even a graduate not to talk of been called to BAR , i will advise you first go through these processes maybe after that you can be considered as a BAIL & CHARGE lawyer but you been a judge i dont see you in that position , sorry to disappoint you

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Bimpe29: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
Saraki's trial has turned to 24 hours of famous Jack Baure. Season 1 to 8, with each season having 24 episodes.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Mylove55(f): 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
YoungExec:
Sometimes I wonder how qualified this Justice is to preside over this tribunal. Does he not know that he fans the flame of accusations of prejudice against him when he makes silly comments like this?
What is the meaning of 'final consequences'? angry
he was employ by pdp,
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Seunjungle(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Why will he(judge) said

He said, ”When you are asking a witness, go straight to the point. You don’t have to find your way of distorting the witness. This is delaying us. You are a senior lawyer, I don’ t want you to do that kind of tactics to delay the matter. We assure you that whatever happens, we are going to be fair,” he said.

what kind of crazy country is this?

Kill this bastard Saraki on time, time no dey!
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by koboko69: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Then that Judge is biased and should be sanctioned. I.e if he actually made such incriminating statement angry angry
ASDFBOY:
the judge is a fool to tell nigerians that saraki is delaying it... when hes the judge! idiota
engrflames:

The judge is simply biased

Stop the online masturbations to whip up sentiments. Even a more older and experienced judge accused Metuh's lawyer of doing the same thing.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by yarimo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
At first I thought you are making sense, I later discover you lack it mtswww
dekaz:

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
All we nid is nigerians wu wuld think b4 commenting or take sides as usual,,,this man wit is entourage of sans is nt denying d allegations levied against him,,,it really so obvious the hired all stars sans ar jus stalling judgement ...if u r innocent its nt hard to proof ur innonence wit a baby lawyer nt to talk of a barrister....he's got sans !!!
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
sucess001:
My brother I wonder as if Sarai is his boss even in the law court.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
sucess001:
My brother I wonder as if Saraki is his boss even in the law court.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme / Buhari Approves New NDDC Board / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.