Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? (42914 Views)

What Skills Have The Highest Hourly Pay? / What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money Or Is Earning You Money? / Earn Real Money Online Easily, You Can Earn 2500$ Dollars Weekly Guaranteed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by vikel2104: 6:36am On Jun 08, 2016

The economic situation of the country leaves us with no option than to cater for ourselves in every honest way possible. A lot of youths have decided to learn a skill and most of them eventually develop these skills to levels where it generates a reasonable amount of income for them.
Presently I am in a paid employment but I am also taking some courses in business management because I see myself managing a business soon.
A guy I know who recently finished his NYSC program is currently teaching people programming and website design which he learnt during his service year. Learning skills like these can be very profitable when there is no available white collar job, in fact, one can make a livelihood out of it.
My barber is someone who learnt the skill even before going to the University. He opened the shop with his older brother. He was a teenager at that time and along with his brother, they kept doing the business. That did not however stop their education. I don't know how they did it but both of them still kept on with their schooling. His older brother got admission into the university while he continued the business. As his brother was about to graduate he also got admission into the university. With both of them very busy, they had to employ another person to take care of the business. Now both of them have degrees and the barbing business is still on.

So you see that one can help himself with the little skills he acquires and most can be acquired at little or no cost apart from your determination. It does not matter whether you're a graduate or not because your destiny is not wrapped in your certificate.

So, I want to throw the question to you, what skills are you acquiring now or have you acquired that has helped you or is helping you now.

Share so that others can learn or get encouraged..

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by brunofarad(m): 6:39am On Jun 08, 2016
Following
Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by amtaken(f): 6:39am On Jun 08, 2016
Good thread.
Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:42am On Jun 08, 2016
Painting but, my major problem is “I Am Afraid Of Heights”. Once it's above 2 storey, abeg carry ur wahala & go..

104 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by vikel2104: 6:49am On Jun 08, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Painting but, my major problem is “I Am Of Heights”. Once it's above 2 storey, abeg carry ur wahala & go..
You are scared of heightssmiley
Then if we are to go by market segmentation, I guess your target market includes only bungalows and two storey buildings. Not bad at all. That is still a large market.

12 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:52am On Jun 08, 2016
vikel2104:

You are scared of heightssmiley
Then if we are to go by market segmentation, I guess your target market includes bungalows and two storey buildings. Not bad at all. That is still a large market.
aiteeyuuuu! In Kelly Handsome's voice, I No Fit Form Wetin I No Fit Do Coz My Name No Be T-Pain..

7 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by IamKollinx(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2016
Fixing phones and laptops...
Am a software and hardware engineer wink

10 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by feldido(m): 7:00am On Jun 08, 2016
1.Mason(brick laying)
2. Electrical Wiring
3. Satellite TV installations
4. Computer Hardware repairs(A+)
5. Computer Networking(N+, CCNA)
6. Phone repairs
7. Auto Tecnician(electrical/mechanical)
8. Agriculture(snail, fish, plantain) and
9. Luxury Customizations (Gold plating and crystallizations)

Modified:
10. I build beautiful aquariums wink

Funny enough I am a mechanical engineer by profession. grin
I love learning new skills, it's my hobby.
Many people don't know what i studied in school.

But my ultimate goal is to have my World class Automobile Servicing and Maintenance Company, cos that's my dream.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by vikel2104: 7:04am On Jun 08, 2016
feldido:
1.Mason(brick laying)
2. Electrical Wiring
4. Computer Hardware repairs
5. Computer Networking
6. Phone repairs

Funny enough I a mechanical engineer. grin
Oh boy! Na jack of all trade be this oh grin
OK. I just saw the remaining part of your post.
Not bad at all.

6 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by feldido(m): 7:06am On Jun 08, 2016
vikel2104:

Oh boy! Na jack of all trade be this oh grin
Not bad at all.

I love learning new skills.
Started from an early age.

6 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by vikel2104: 7:08am On Jun 08, 2016
feldido:

I love learning new skills.
Started from an early age.
It's a good thing. Keep it up smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by Pillyportions(f): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2016
Learnt Poultry farming, and drying of cat fish. I also hope to learn one or two things after my nysc camping.

4 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by vikel2104: 9:15am On Jun 08, 2016
Pillyportions:
Learnt Poultry farming, and drying of cat fish. I also hope to learn one or two things after my nysc camping.
That's nice.
Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by vikel2104: 4:44am On Jun 13, 2016
undecided
Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by twentyk(m): 6:58am On Jun 13, 2016
Yahoo.....currently paying my house rent,school fee and upkeep for my 4 nigger.....not to talk of monthly upkeep for my mama.....ko easy

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by Engineermbugame(m): 8:29am On Jun 13, 2016
I helping my bros in barbing,wen i was in sec school.wen i graduated from sec school i learn plumbing installation.nah d skills i use in surviving in school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by chiefboomite204(f): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2016
Hair stylist,
wire works,
Baking,
How to make liquid soap,
how to make soy milk and Yeast...
It is not easy, with God on my side I am very comfortable

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by vikel2104: 6:09am On Jun 18, 2016
More contributions.....
Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by balancediet(m): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2016
Designs and Arts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by YTderin(f): 8:14am On Jun 18, 2016
Sewing/designer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by Sirmuel1(m): 8:14am On Jun 18, 2016
Following
Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by poksmahn(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2016
learning music production tho..

1 Like

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 18, 2016
I can write stories. Currently I'm learning how to animate stories via Videoscribe or any other animating mechanism. Not coming easy. If you are proficient at animating stories and want to work with me, send me a pm. I'm looking for someone to start an educative content biz with. Buzz, buzz, buzz.

10 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by Laeroy(f): 8:17am On Jun 18, 2016
LAUNDRY, DRY CLEANING.....E.T.C ALTHOUGH VERY STRESSSFUL.......LAUNDRY PUTS FOOD ON D TABLE BUT MAKES ONE LOOK HAGGARD

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by DExplorer1: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Painting but, my major problem is “I Am Afraid Of Heights”. Once it's above 2 storey, abeg carry ur wahala & go..
LOL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by winkmart: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2016
I KNOW ABOUT MINI IMPORTATION AND IT'S SAVING ME BIG TIME .

....please a lot of people are asking for free training, please let's do away with the mentality of getting things that might benefit us FOR FREE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by Ultimus: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2016
Programming. Especially for solving biological problems.

3 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by hedonistic: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2016
Very interesting topic. I have a lot to reveal, but only after I learn something new here.
Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by wisestman(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2016
twentyk:
Yahoo.....currently paying my house rent,school fee and upkeep for my 4 nigger.....not to talk of montly upkeep for my mama.....ko easy
The day d men in black will come looking for u at home and do not see u, its that mama of yours dey will now carry. Does that sound good in ur ears and u expect she will still bless u by den. angry

8 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by DExplorer1: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2016
If you don't have skill(s) in Nigeria, you're a gone.

4 Likes

Re: What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money? by winkmart: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2016
feldido:
1.Mason(brick laying)
2. Electrical Wiring
4. Computer Hardware repairs
5. Computer Networking
6. Phone repairs

Funny enough I am a mechanical engineer by profession. grin
I love learning new skills, it's my hobby.
Many people don't know what i studied in school.

But my ultimate goal is to have my World class Automobile Servicing and Maintenance Company, cos that's my dream.

person send u message, you no reply... are u into business, really you just saying, but always read ur email

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine / 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria / Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.