Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction (27764 Views)

Price Reduced !!!3-storey Luxury Apartment Building 4 Sale In Abuja / Cost Of 4 Flats Of 2 Bedroom. / Building A Six Flats Of Two Bedrooms Each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:16am On Jun 08, 2016
Hello NairaLanders,

After reading through trends of peoples projects and how far they've achieved and their challenges, I've decided to put mine on here to help first timers like me, to seek advice from the professionals and to update you on every single process.

Enjoy the ride with me and I'm sure this is going to be an exciting one as I'll be looking forward to meeting a lot of professionals on this trend.

Bellow is how far I've gone into my project so far and the charges.

I have secured 3 plots of Land at a newly developing area(Elebu, Ibadan). I intend to build 4 flats on each plot for commercial purposes(one house at a time).

I have done a red copy survey which maps out my 3 plots from the others - 100,000 - this process has been completed and I have the survey copy
I have gotten a design from my achitect for the 3 buldings which cost - 220,000
This includes:
2D and 3D Construction Drawings and Details
NIA/ARCON Seal
Bill of Quantities
Structural details of columns, column bases and beams and structural Calculation sheets
Mechanical and Electrical details and analysis
NSE Seal
Lawyers agreement cost - 30000(A known lawyer did this at a discounted rate, apparently it cost 10% of the price of the land)

The level I'm at now is to send the drawings to the town planning for approval. - I'll be glad if anyone has an idea of how much this would cost in Ibadan as I live abroad.

See a 3D picture of my proposed structure below.

Please any reasonable advice will be much appreciated. Also alert me if you think I'm being charged ridiculously.

5 Likes

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:28am On Jun 08, 2016
front image

1 Like

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:51am On Jun 09, 2016
Hi All,

Just an update on my progress so far.

I've been charged 150,000 for approval, inspection and tax clearance for the three buildings. I was told its better to get an approval for the three than doing them individually. The architect would charge 90,000 to approve just one structure. Just to remind you again that this project is in Ibadan.

Thank you
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by abike12(f): 9:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
This is a very nice and big project you are embarking on. Wish you luck. None of the prices seem outrageous so far. I'm working on a block of four three bedroom flats in lagos. Architect - 100k, surveyor - 40k, structural engr - 40k.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by Donalbain(m): 12:29am On Jun 10, 2016
Am just a beginner and am following, wishing you the best in your project. ..God will provide all you need to complete it..amen
olumz1:
Hello NairaLanders,
After reading through trends of peoples projects and how far they've achieved and their challenges, I've decided to put mine on here to help first timers like me, to seek advice from the professionals and to update you on every single process.
Enjoy the ride with me and I'm sure this is going to be an exciting one as I'll be looking forward to meting a lot of professionals on this trend.
Bellow is how far I've gone into my project so far and the charges.
I have secure 3 plots of Land at a newly developing area(Elebu, Ibadan). I intend to build 4 flats on each plot for commercial purposes(one house at a time).
I have done a red copy survey which maps out my 3 plots from the others - 100,000 - this process has been completed and I have have the survey copy
I have gotten a design from my achitect for the 3 buldings which cost - 220,000
This includes:
2D and 3D Construction Drawings and Details
NIA/ARCON Seal
Bill of Quantities
Structural details of columns, column bases and beams and structural Calculation sheets
Mechanical and Electrical details and analysis
NSE Seal
Lawyers agreement cost - 30000(A known lawyer did this at a discounted rate, apparently it cost 10% of the price of the land)
The level I'm at now is to send the drawings to the town planning for approval. - I'll be glad if anyone has an idea of how much this would cost in Ibadan as I live abroad.
See a 3D picture of my proposed structure below.
Please any reasonable advice will be much appreciated. Also alert me if you think I'm being charged ridiculously.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by Donalbain(m): 12:31am On Jun 10, 2016
Keep updating us as the project unfolds...
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
Donalbain:
Am just a beginner and am following, wishing you the best in your project. ..God will provide all you need to complete it..amen

Thanks for you well wishes and I say Amen too
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
Your costs are not outrageous at all considering the size of your project.

If you haven't gotten builders already, our company - Shidex Global Services can provide a range of services) Block production, supervision, equipment leasing, building construction etc )

1 Like

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 9:40am On Jun 14, 2016
KolaShangOne:
Your costs are not outrageous at all considering the size of your project.
If you haven't gotten builders already, our company - Shidex Global Services can provide a range of services) Block production, supervision, equipment leasing, building construction etc )

are you based in Ibadan? If you are please send your contact details to olumz1@yahoo.com and I'll send you the plan to give a quote. Thanks
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2016
Donalbain:

Thanks for your prayers, I say Amen too and may God bless you abundantly...

1 Like

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Hi NairaLanders,

So I have been given an extimated quote from my architect for the foundation of a 4 flat of 3bedrooms each. I need you to please check this to confirm if I'm not being ripped off. What would you suggest is the best approach. I anticipate your response as I expect work to commence by the comming week.

2 Likes

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by smiley001(m): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
This is a big project... So far so good the prices charged by d professionals lawyer surveyor archy are fair.

For your Granite and sand to Elebu, we are very much available sir.

We have a thread on here and also a signature.

07081961127-whatsapp and calls
adenijihoo@gmail.com.
7E2B91CE-bbpin.

Good luck on the project sir/ma.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by Larwin(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
Mr olumz1, God will see you through. Am so happy seeing this kind of development in my ibadan.

My advice is pertaining to my work.... Please get a borehole drilled first.
Don't look at d cost.
It is economical as It will save you from sabotaging and also u will be able to get a good point to drill b4 development takes place

Best wishes sir.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by adewaleID: 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hi Olumz1,

Is your builder also your Architect? I have a similar project and your quotation is very good. Even though all building design and site are different,I must say you got a good guy.

1 Like

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Larwin:
Mr olumz1, God will see you through. Am so happy seeing this kind of development in my ibadan.
My advice is pertaining to my work.... Please get a borehole drilled first.
Don't look at d cost.
It is economical as It will save you from sabotaging and also u will be able to get a good point to drill b4 development takes place
Best wishes sir.

are you able to send me a quote for the borehole?
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2016
Also after much deliberation, the architect has brought the cost down to 1.9M. I think this is a fair amount and as such I'll go ahead with the foundation. Hopefully work should start on Monday and I'll provide more pictures as things evolve.

@adewaleID, Yes my Architect is the supervisor and the project manager. He'll instruct the builders on what needs to be done. I'm not sure if I can call him the builder, but i hope you get it wink

2 Likes

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by Larwin(m): 11:48am On Jun 24, 2016
olumz1:

are you able to send me a quote for the borehole? olumz1@yahoo.com

Ailt, will get that across asap
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by Larwin(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2016
@olumz1 I hope your weekend is going cool.
I already sent you an email to your mail box. Pls check.

Regards.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2016
Larwin:
@olumz1 I hope your weekend is going cool.
I already sent you an email to your mail box. Pls check.
Regards.

Thanks for the quote. I still intend to shop around and if yours is the most reasonable quote, I will get back to you on the next step.

Cheers.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by Larwin(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
olumz1:

Thanks for the quote. I still intend to shop around and if yours is the most reasonable quote, I will get back to you on the next step.

Cheers.

Alright,
Please note that most times its more than quoting. Your selection should be based on professionalism and quality of service.

My Regards Sir.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by adewaleID: 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Cool Olumz1,

I will be watching your progress, bring on the foundation. grin
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:27am On Jun 28, 2016
adewaleID:
Cool Olumz1,
I will be watching your progress, bring on the foundation. grin

Thanks Bro,

The foundation should be starting this week. The architect delayed with the drawings, he has just submitted them to me today. I will again upload this on here shortly. I'm still shopping around for a borehole driller as all the quotes I've received are a bit on the high side.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by 1Jamany(m): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2016
Greetings

I need a Building Contractor or Electrical Contractor to start work with as soon as possible. I am an electrician with over 5years of experience.

Skills:
- Residential, commercial and industrial electrification
- Laying of conduit pipes
- House wiring
- Installation of electrical fittings
- Project management
- Electrical maintenance and repair
- Reading and application of electrical drawings
- General electrical works

I reside in Ikorodu, Lagos and willing to work anywhere in Nigeria as the job demands. Here is my contact 07064330958, jamecelectrical@gmail.com

Please suggest a firm/company i can work it
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
As promised here are the designs. There are more design views, but this should be sufficient for the experts in the house who may be willing to guide me if things are not properly done. I also have the electrical and mechanical design. So far, I feel pleased and hope things continue this way. There's been a bit of delay on from my architect but I've also refrained from rushing him to avoid mistakes. We shall be moving to the site to begin construction before the end of the week and I'll keep you updated on every stage with pictures.

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:48am On Jul 01, 2016
Hello NairaLanders,

For those that have been emailing me asking for my Architects contact, please see the link below.

https://replikahomes./2016/06/30/manny-estate-ibadan/

cheers
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 10:20am On Jul 06, 2016
Hi NLanders,

We have finally started work on the site. The setting-out has been completed and we are now digging. Luckily we wont have to buy sand for filling as we found a heap of sand on the land which was dumped there from the recent grading carried out on the street. Please see the pictures below and feel free to ask me any questions on what we have done so far.

1 Like

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by topsy23: 10:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Nice work. Weldone bro
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by msogunro: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2016
olumz1:
Also after much deliberation, the architect has brought the cost down to 1.9M. I think this is a fair amount and as such I'll go ahead with the foundation. Hopefully work should start on Monday and I'll provide more pictures as things evolve.

Wow. How did your architect find nearly #400K in savings from his original quote?

What are the dimension's of one building? The numbers are illegible.

Looks great. Good luck.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 11:36am On Jul 07, 2016
msogunro:

Wow. How did your architect find nearly #400K in savings from his original quote?
What are the dimension's of one building? The numbers are illegible.
Looks great. Good luck.

What I did was to get another quote from a local builder which was about 1M cheaper and started to use that to query the architect's quote we then resolved to both understand most of the items listed are not very important. For instance the stone-Dust blocks wasn't necessary. I just got normal blocks of 9" and told the molder to ensure my blocks were solid. I'll still save more because I've realized buying the materials myself will save me a lot more. Again make sure no one comes with you when you go to buy the materials. They know themselves, its crazy grin.

Finally my builder is from the north, his charges are half the normal charge in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by olumz1: 11:56am On Jul 12, 2016
No updates yet because, we are still digging and we hope digging will be completed by Thursday and thereafter more pictures will be loaded.
Re: Building 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Each - Survey, Architecting And Construction by Larwin(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
olumz1:
No updates yet because, we are still digging and we hope digging will be completed by Thursday and thereafter more pictures will be loaded.

Nice move

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buy Locally Made Metal Security Doors Call 08182481552 For More / PICK YOUR FLOOR WOODEN TILES HERE WITH PICTURE / Which Part Of Lagos Is Devoid Of Flooding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.