Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. (20647 Views)

Photo Of Twins Who Are Married To Twins And Gave Birth Together / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by JonTal: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
@Olarewajub, the recommended books are popular classics which you can get from any good christian bookshop around. I hope these help.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by Olarewajub: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
JonTal:
@Olarewajub, the recommended books are popular classics which you can get from any good christian bookshop around. I hope these help.

Thanks
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 3:14am On Jun 10, 2016
treasuredkids:
Lovely writeup. Thanks op. I used to think my hubby's primary temperament was melancholy till I read this. Now I see he's even 95% phleg and 5% san. I'm a cholphleg and u can imagine the combination grin. Its been 4years of peaceful loving life. I thank God and I av no complaints. The essence of this temperament differences has helped me learnt to love and understand people for their uniqueness and help encourage them overcome their weaknesses where necessary. More ink to ur pen op.
thanks lady I appreciate.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 3:46am On Jun 10, 2016
Israel43:
op,please if you are an expert in personality development,help me cos im a melancholic and my life is very uneasy.i get blue very often n i feel worthless now.friends who come my way dont understand me and hurt me so i distant myself from them.im over sensitive and emotional and sometimes i wish i had someone who understands me to talk to.please advise me and give me tips if you can op.my life is very uninteresting and crying has become a normal thing to me although im a guy of 22 .you can imagine how embarrased i would feel letting myself be known that im 22 and still a cry baby.i need help,advice,and tips to help me develop myself.thanks for such a thread op.
my friend I read what you wrote very well, you see the first step in personality development is to love yourself, you see, nobody will love you, more than you love yourself and nobody will value you, more than the value you give to yourself, hellloooooo when you look at the mirror what do you see? Because it is what you see that you will become, that is you can only become what you see, so start seeing greatness from today, start seeing a man that is ready to contribute positively to this world, a man with great dreams, a man that can bring positive changes to his world, make your world a better place.
Everyday of your life before you sleep at night, take time to ponder on the activities of the day, asking yourself how many lives did I affect positively today, how many people did I put smiles on thier faces today, In matt 5:16, it says and I quote "LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE BEFORE MEN, THAT THEY MAY SEE YOUR GOOD WORKS AND GLORIFY YOUR FATHER WHICH IS ON HEAVEN". My dear never, never and never see yourself as a failure, because you are not, your are a great man, the world is not complete without you that is why you are still alive, the world needs the potential that you carry, and nobody has it, that is why you are unique. I am going to make sure I complete the write up of the other three temperaments, just because of you, to give you a pool of accessment of yourself. GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 10, 2016
I love phlegmatic people, I pray my future hussy will be one. I find talkatives unattractive.
Am a kind of person that get irritated easily, a phlegmatic hussy will do just find.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
I love phlegmatic people, I pray my future hussy will be one. I find talkatives unattractive.
Am a kind of person that get irritated easily, a phlegmatic hussy will do just find.
you will lady, just position yourself rightly and pray to God for one.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by Israel43: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
chriskosherbal:
my friend I read what you wrote very well, you see the first step in personality development is to love yourself, you see, nobody will love you, more than you love yourself and nobody will value you, more than the value you give to yourself, hellloooooo when you look at the mirror what do you see? Because it is what you see that you will become, that is you can only become what you see, so start seeing greatness from today, start seeing a man that is ready to contribute positively to this world, a man with great dreams, a man that can bring positive changes to his world, make your world a better place.
Everyday of your life before you sleep at night, take time to ponder on the activities of the day, asking yourself how many lives did I affect positively today, how many people did I put smiles on thier faces today, In matt 5:16, it says and I quote "LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE BEFORE MEN, THAT THEY MAY SEE YOUR GOOD WORKS AND GLORIFY YOUR FATHER WHICH IS ON HEAVEN". My dear never, never and never see yourself as a failure, because you are not, your are a great man, the world is not complete without you that is why you are still alive, the world needs the potential that you carry, and nobody has it, that is why you are unique. I am going to make sure I complete the write up of the other three temperaments, just because of you, to give you a pool of accessment of yourself. GOD BLESS YOU
wow! thank you very much,God bless you for your care,it has put a smile on my face.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Israel43:
wow! thank you very much,God bless you for your care,it has put a smile on my face.
Thank you too, you are welcome anyday and anytime.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by ifisco(f): 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
great advice,

Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
ifisco:
great advice,
Gorgeous lady, thanks.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by Sarang(f): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
I'm phlegmatic I know it well.

Sometimes it seem stupid to people that I can't come out immediately they want me to.. but the truth is I cant really step out if I have not planned ahead in my mind to. They don't get it but am happy that there are others like me out there.

But then am a woman.
What about a phleg woman?
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by prettyangel10(f): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
Op, thanks for this piece. But my question is how can you help/encourage a phlegmatic friend/sibling, especially, when he or she is not married, considering this harsh economic situation where nobody sees anybody?. Thanks.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 3:27am On Jun 11, 2016
Sarang:
I'm phlegmatic I know it well.

Sometimes it seem stupid to people that I can't come out immediately they want me to.. but the truth is I cant really step out if I have not planned ahead in my mind to. They don't get it but am happy that there are others like me out there.

But then am a woman.
What about a phleg woman?
hello I got your msg, it doesn't matter if you are a phleg man or phleg woman, you have passed the first step, and that is knowing who you are (A phlegmatic person), so it takes other people to understand your temperament and flow well with you that way, the truth is that you can force people to understand your personality, that is why everybody cannot be your closed friends, so those that will understand you for who you are, will definitely understand you and flow with you that way.

And the reason I emphasised in my post more on the husband very well, am saying this if you are married, is because when it comes to the issue of marriage, it is the woman that manages the home, the bible says "a wise woman buildeth her home and the foolish plucketh it down with her own hands" , so as a phleg woman, you will be able to understand your husband temperament and flow with him in that manner, and he continues to love you more and he has no choice but to reciprocate in actions too, because he is happy and this leads to stability in that marriage. So lady be proud of who you are and don't allow anybody to make you feel otherwise.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by Sarang(f): 5:04am On Jun 11, 2016
prettyangel10:
Op, thanks for this piece. But my question is how can you help/encourage a phlegmatic friend/sibling, especially, when he or she is not married, considering this harsh economic situation where nobody sees anybody?. Thanks.

haha cheesy grin
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by UIA04(f): 7:12am On Jun 11, 2016
greatgod2012:
op, thanks for this.

I am married to a phlegmatic and I'm so enjoying the peace breezing out of him and our relationship. My husband is 60% phlegmatic and 40% melancholy. One major thing about phlegmatic person is that they treasure peace and peaceful coexistence so much, and they can only enjoy their relationship with a peaceful person. A troublesome person is a no-no for them.

I am 60% melancholy and 40% sanguine.

With that combination, we are perfect match........ since we've both decided to work on our weaknesses.

Over 10 years and just starting!
Woooow

A melancholic and phlegmatic
You try o

I'm melancholic sanguine, and I don't think I can stand being married to a phlegmatics though I have friends like that. But to me they can be too slow to everything ( no offense) and their I don't care attitude pisses me of.
You try o, how do you cope when both of you are shy outside, especially a place it's your first time out . I am sure people might have mentioned it, how did you get over people's opinions.

Phlegmel is the calmest of all the temperament combinations. I used to have a Phlegmel bunky in school who was a 'yes ma madam' to all her choleric friends. She'll cook, fetch water and let them sleep on her bed anyhow without complaining. If she was my sister I could have slapped sense into her. She was such a pretty girl that would laugh even if your joke wasn't funny.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by UIA04(f): 7:21am On Jun 11, 2016
JonTal:
Good job, @op. I would add that every young couple and intending couple should take the time to study temperaments. This will help in understanding the person you married/plan to marry and also foster tolerance among you. To this end, my pick for a few books to read will be, The Spirit Controlled Temperament, by Tim LaHaye and Why You Act The Way You Do, which I am not sure of the author now.
Why you act the way you do Tim LaHaye. That book is powerful
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 7:25am On Jun 11, 2016
UIA04:

Woooow

A melancholic and phlegmatic
You try o

I'm melancholic sanguine, and I don't think I can stand being married to a phlegmatics though I have friends like that. But to me they can be too slow to everything ( no offense) and their I don't care attitude pisses me of.
You try o, how do you cope when both of you are shy outside, especially a place it's your first time out . I am sure people might have mentioned it, how did you get over people's opinions.

Phlegmel is the calmest of all the temperament combinations. I used to have a Phlegmel bunky in school who was a 'yes ma madam' to all her choleric friends. She'll cook, fetch water and let them sleep on her bed anyhow without complaining. If she was my sister I could have slapped sense into her. She was such a pretty girl that would laugh even if your joke wasn't funny.
my friend don't ever blame anybody for the things they can't control or change,being a phlegmatic is never thier choice, it was nature's choice for them, it is endogenous, it is taken as given, so that lady you frown at because of her behaviour to other people, is never her making, and it may suffice you to know that, she is just enjoying her time and what she is doing, and it just makes her happy.
So people, a word of advice, always do those things that.sorry will give you genuine happiness, irrespective of what people think.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by UIA04(f): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2016
Israel43:
op,please if you are an expert in personality development,help me cos im a melancholic and my life is very uneasy.i get blue very often n i feel worthless now.friends who come my way dont understand me and hurt me so i distant myself from them.im over sensitive and emotional and sometimes i wish i had someone who understands me to talk to.please advise me and give me tips if you can op.my life is very uninteresting and crying has become a normal thing to me although im a guy of 22 .you can imagine how embarrased i would feel letting myself be known that im 22 and still a cry baby.i need help,advice,and tips to help me develop myself.thanks for such a thread op.

Aww I feel for you, this was me in ss2, I was very depressed it stems, from our perfectionistic tendencies, we feel no friend can really understand our deepest thoughts . But giving my life to Christ and having the Holy Spirit, changed me and my self esteem, when I prayed to God about my deepest problems, I discovered I could tell him anything and he won't judge me I even prayed severally that I wanted to be light skinned lol . Later, prayer became like talking to a friend rather than to a God far away. It made me feel better that there was someone PERFECT I could talk to and the amazing thing is that he was everything (a father a brother a friend, my gossip partner, the one I'll report people to, sometimes hell even make me laugh through my thoughts)

I still feel a little bit uninteresting at some points in time but I can encourage myself from within unlike before that if my mom said I was beautiful I'll be mad at her thinking she was just trying the proverbial ' monkey no fine but him mama like am'

I think you should look for intelligent sanguines to befriend. It can be very difficult for us to reach out and try to make friends and not seem needy but you need to because sanguines are naturally self motivated to achieving things, you don't have to share your problem with them ( because of their running mouth) you can share with your closet parent or a trustworthy elder, you'lld be surprised that despite our tendency to be able to easily solve our (melancholics) problems ourselves we need people close to us to lean on sometimes and their encouragements.

Also what I realized that changes me was that we all have flaws we are insecure about, you'll discover the sanguine you are envious of that has a lot of friends is also envious of your ability to stay by yourself. Also sanguines have problems of not being taking seriously even when they are serious, people still think they are joking, but an average melancholic gets respect when he demands it.

Also a sanguine too many friends can be his strength nd his waterloo. Because they easily trust people, people pretend easily around them, just by singing their praises you can get a sanguine to sign his life off but those friends can easily dissappear when things get, or betray him. But you look extremely well before you leap, so less friends less troubles.

Love Yourself and others will adore you.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by UIA04(f): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2016
chriskosherbal:
my friend don't ever blame anybody for the things they can't control or change,being a phlegmatic is never thier choice, it was nature's choice for them, it is endogenous, it is taken as given, so that lady you frown at because of her behaviour to other people, is never her making, and it may suffice you to know that, she is just enjoying her time and what she is doing, and it just makes her happy.
So people, a word of advice, always do those things that.sorry will give you genuine happiness, irrespective of what people think.
You are right though.

But at a time too she started complaining to us her roommates about the most demanding one meaning she was getting tired.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 10:17am On Jun 11, 2016
UIA04:

Aww I feel for you, this was me in ss2, I was very depressed it stems, from our perfectionistic tendencies, we feel no friend can really understand our deepest thoughts . But giving my life to Christ and having the Holy Spirit, changed me and my self esteem, when I prayed to God about my deepest problems, I discovered I could tell him anything and he won't judge me I even prayed severally that I wanted to be light skinned lol . Later, prayer became like talking to a friend rather than to a God far away. It made me feel better that there was someone PERFECT I could talk to and the amazing thing is that he was everything (a father a brother a friend, my gossip partner, the one I'll report people to, sometimes hell even make me laugh through my thoughts)

I still feel a little bit uninteresting at some points in time but I can encourage myself from within unlike before that if my mom said I was beautiful I'll be mad at her thinking she was just trying the proverbial ' monkey no fine but him mama like am'

I think you should look for intelligent sanguines to befriend. It can be very difficult for us to reach out and try to make friends and not seem needy but you need to because sanguines are naturally self motivated to achieving things, you don't have to share your problem with them ( because of their running mouth) you can share with your closet parent or a trustworthy elder, you'lld be surprised that despite our tendency to be able to easily solve our (melancholics) problems ourselves we need people close to us to lean on sometimes and their encouragements.

Also what I realized that changes me was that we all have flaws we are insecure about, you'll discover the sanguine you are envious of that has a lot of friends is also envious of your ability to stay by yourself. Also sanguines have problems of not being taking seriously even when they are serious, people still think they are joking, but an average melancholic gets respect when he demands it.

Also a sanguine too many friends can be his strength nd his waterloo. Because they easily trust people, people pretend easily around them, just by singing their praises you can get a sanguine to sign his life off but those friends can easily dissappear when things get, or betray him. But you look extremely well before you leap, so less friends less troubles.

nice one
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by ifisco(f): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2016
still on it, today is the set day
bombarding social media through this
kindly share
mothers share
fathers share
sisters share
brothers share

Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by Israel43: 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
UIA04:

woooow,God bless you so much,you taking time to type this wonderdul piece shows you care and it has made me very happy.im a born again christian and God has been a friend and father but iv been going through series of trials lately and it has made my life a painful one.its a long story dear but thank you very much and God richly bless you for your care.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
ifisco:
still on it, today is the set day
bombarding social media through this
kindly share
mothers share
fathers share
sisters share
brothers share
hmmmm I see
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by UIA04(f): 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
Israel43:
woooow,God bless you so much,you taking time to type this wonderdul piece shows you care and it has made me very happy.im a born again christian and God has been a friend and father but iv been going through series of trials lately and it has made my life a painful one.its a long story dear but thank you very much and God richly bless you for your care.
You are welcome. Just know that someone somewhere out there cares and is definitely thinking about your wellbeing.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
UIA04:

You are welcome. Just know that someone somewhere out there cares and is definitely thinking about your wellbeing.
I am so glad that this post has been and is still going to be a blessing to many people as well as marriages, o lord take all the glory.
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
UIA04:

Why you act the way you do Tim LaHaye. That book is powerful
yea
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by UIA04(f): 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
chriskosherbal:
nice one
Thanks
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by UIA04(f): 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
chriskosherbal:
I am so glad that this post has been and is still going to be a blessing to many people as well as marriages, o lord take all the glory.
Amen
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by 5minsmadness: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
Op when will you write on melancholics
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by chriskosherbal(m): 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
5minsmadness:
Op when will you write on melancholics
soon, I have already written on sanguine. Just click on chriskosherbal and you will see all my write up. Thanks
Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by Israel43: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
UIA04:

woow!!!! u've brought tears to my eyes with your kind words dear,u've made my day today and im really grateful!!God bless you.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. by tbabs10166(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
nice thread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can Make A Happily Married Woman Sleep With Another Man? / Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 14 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.