Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics (13341 Views)

Paul Arkwright Visits Saraki In African Outfit (Photos) / IGP Idris Visits Wike: "You Disrespected Me By Withdrawing MY CSO" - Wike / Aregbesola Visits Wike In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by jonhemma11: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
RIVERS STATE IS SAFE FOR INVESTMENT --Governor Wike

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that despite the security challenges facing the Niger Delta , Rivers State is peaceful for investments.

The governor also called on the United Kingdom to partner with the Rivers State Government in the areas of Agriculture and Vocational Education for the generation of employment.
The Government of the United Kingdom also declared that they will partner with the Rivers State Government in the area of youth empowerment.

He spoke at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Wednesday when he received the High Commissioner of United Kingdom to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright.
He explained that strategies have been put in place for the enhancement of the security across the state; pointing out that the State and Federal Governments have taken relevant steps to address the challenges posed by militancy in the Niger Delta.

He said that the meeting between Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, Niger Delta Governors and the Military High Command mapped out critical measures, including opening up of dialogue channels with the Niger Delta Avengers to resolve recent security challenges.

He blamed the cult related conflicts in the state on oil companies that patronise cult groups to secure their pipelines, instead of working with security agencies. He said such patronage leads to supremacy conflicts between cult groups.

He informed the High Commissioner of the United Kingdom that a particular oil company is responsible for empowering the cult groups, noting that the matter is being addressed.

Governor Wike called on the Government of the United Kingdom to partner with the state to generate mass employment and enhance economic growth.
"We want to partner with the Government of the United Kingdom in the agricultural sector to create jobs for our unemployed youths. Government will continue to create a secure environment to improve the environment for Agriculture. The Mexicans are already here investing in agriculture.

"We also need partnership in the area of vocational education to also create job opportunities for our youths", he said.
In his remarks, the High Commissioner of the United Kingdom to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright said that the relationship between the United Kingdom and Rivers State will be deepened.

He said that he was in the state to get first hand knowledge of developments in the state to identify areas of collaboration.
The governor later led the High Commissioner of the United Kingdom on an inspection of the remodeling of the Brick House and the Chapel within the premises of the Government House, Port Harcourt.

Simeon Nwakaudu ,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.
8th May, 2016

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/rivers-state-is-safe-for.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by jonhemma11: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2016

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by jonhemma11: 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
jonhemma11:
More
More

1 Like

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by mazimee(m): 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
Upon the security challenges facing the state, he still manage to convince investors. The Rivers youth for sure need youth empowerment. So much thuggery in the State recently.
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by jonhemma11: 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
jonhemma11:
More
More

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by politricks: 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom
Ezenwo Wike has declared that
despite the security challenges
facing the Niger Delta , Rivers State is peaceful for
investments.
Investors are not fools, how can you say a state has security challenges but is peaceful for investments. The governor should just focus on creating a peaceful environment.

1 Like

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by stanliwise(m): 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
Dear Nairalander, i need ur help to help my sister win a fashion competition called AfroCreation. All you need to do is to click the link below and like the photo on your facebook page. Thank you and God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/426321980907382/photos/a.426324740907106.1073741827.426321980907382/483968908476022/?type=3&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.483968908476022%3Atl_objid.483968908476022%3Athid.426321980907382%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1467356399%3A-5983871456681381950&__tn__=E

2 Likes

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
Seems Nigeria is swapping with uk these past days..From Jona to Bubu to Paul Arkwright.
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by todaynewsreview: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good one from the High Commissioner. All we pray for is lasting peace in the region. May traitors be far from our region like what GEJ said here http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/625/those-who-fought-amp-frustrated-my-government-are-the-same-p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by macaranta(m): 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nice..his handshake is so unprofessional.
But he's my Govnor grin
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by mytime24(f): 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
K
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Iamlordgee(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
K
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
Far better than Amaechi the last known descendant of Abu the thief of baghdad cool

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by SlayerSupreme: 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
I dedicate this space land to all the peace-loving people of rivers state who have lost a loved one to cult killings in rivers state. God grant you succour and strengthen you. May God,who is ever just,rid rivers state of those agents of Satan cultists who threaten the lives of the innocent. Amen!
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Dollyak(f): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2016
mazimee:
Upon the security challenges facing the state, he still manage to convince investors. The Rivers youth for sure need youth empowerment. So much thuggery in the State recently.
Do you think British high commission cares about Nigeria? They are trying to protect shell interest
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by SlayerSupreme: 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
jonhemma11:
RIVERS STATE IS SAFE FOR INVESTMENT --Governor Wike

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that despite the security challenges facing the Niger Delta , Rivers State is peaceful for investments.

The governor also called on the United Kingdom to partner with the Rivers State Government in the areas of Agriculture and Vocational Education for the generation of employment.
The Government of the United Kingdom also declared that they will partner with the Rivers State Government in the area of youth empowerment.

He spoke at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Wednesday when he received the High Commissioner of United Kingdom to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright.
He explained that strategies have been put in place for the enhancement of the security across the state; pointing out that the State and Federal Governments have taken relevant steps to address the challenges posed by militancy in the Niger Delta.

He said that the meeting between Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, Niger Delta Governors and the Military High Command mapped out critical measures, including opening up of dialogue channels with the Niger Delta Avengers to resolve recent security challenges.

He blamed the cult related conflicts in the state on oil companies that patronise cult groups to secure their pipelines, instead of working with security agencies. He said such patronage leads to supremacy conflicts between cult groups.

He informed the High Commissioner of the United Kingdom that a particular oil company is responsible for empowering the cult groups, noting that the matter is being addressed.

Governor Wike called on the Government of the United Kingdom to partner with the state to generate mass employment and enhance economic growth.
"We want to partner with the Government of the United Kingdom in the agricultural sector to create jobs for our unemployed youths. Government will continue to create a secure environment to improve the environment for Agriculture. The Mexicans are already here investing in agriculture.

"We also need partnership in the area of vocational education to also create job opportunities for our youths", he said.
In his remarks, the High Commissioner of the United Kingdom to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright said that the relationship between the United Kingdom and Rivers State will be deepened.

He said that he was in the state to get first hand knowledge of developments in the state to identify areas of collaboration.
The governor later led the High Commissioner of the United Kingdom on an inspection of the remodeling of the Brick House and the Chapel within the premises of the Government House, Port Harcourt.

Simeon Nwakaudu ,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.
8th May, 2016

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/rivers-state-is-safe-for.html

@bolded. Wike no dey shame. he has the mind to tell the commissioner an oil company is behind the cult killings. So if the stupid man knows all this what is he doing to curb this acts of cult killings. Everyday people are beheaded in rivers and this baboon man is doing nothing because he's a grand patron in one of this cults. chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by GodblessNig247(m): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wike is working!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by GodblessNig247(m): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wike is working!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
God bless my executive governor

My fellow great people of Pitakwa were una dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by itsmaleekbaby(m): 8:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
Oro Pesi je:
I'm sharing this because it is thought-provoking. I wish you could forward it to every youth known to you, so they can have a piece of it. And let the sleeping giants rise.

"My Dear Nigerian Youths", by Prof. Isa.

I am very angry and that is why I am addressing you.

You are the source of my anger and I want to vent my spleen- maybe not at you directly- but at the arrogance of your ignorance.

You sit in front of a computer and rant all day through social media but with every click, you make money - not for yourself - but for Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook).

With every megabyte of data you spend complaining and maligning, you make stupendous bucks for Etisalat, MTN, Glo and Airtel.

Over the next two years, the number of Nigerian millionaires will jump by 47% but most likely you will not be among because you are too busy whining and complaining. And yet about 60% of Nigeria’s 170m population are below 35 years. Oh, what a waste! By the way, Mark Zuckerberg was 19 when he started Facebook.

Africa’s youngest billionaire, Ashish Thakkar, is 31. He escaped from the Rwandan genocide and relocated to Uganda where he started an IT business.

Collin Thornton, who made his millions by fixing bad computers and setting up Dial-a-Nerd, is 35.

Adam Horowitz, an 18-year-old entrepreneur, started 30 websites in 3 years before he became successful.

The only thing you have ever started is an online petition. Have you heard of Jason Njoku? He’s 33 and the founder of Iroko TV. He received $8m investment into his company just a few years ago. What he does? Sharing the same Nollywood films that you spend hours to watch online. He didn’t just hang around waiting for Buhari to make something happen or blaming Jonathan for not making anything happen.

Kamal Budhabhatti was deported from Kenya but while on the flight, he thought of the opportunities in Kenya. He found his way back after 6 months and today his company is valued at $30m. He’s 36.

Have you heard of Chinedu Echeruo? Apple just paid $1b for his app. He’s a Nigerian like you and all he did was attempt to fix a problem. But for you, the only thing you attempt to fix are your nails- and your hairdo! Chinedu moved to New York in 1995 and found it difficult to navigate the city with ease so he developed HopStop to fix the problem.

Stop listing all the problems - we know them already but what are you doing about them?

Awolowo was 37, Akintola was 36, Ahmadu Bello was 36, Tafawa Balewa was 34, Okotie-Eboh was 27 and Enahoro was 27 at the time of independence of Nigeria.

In 1966, the first coup was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu (29) and stopped by Murtala Mohammed (28), TY Danjuma (28), IBB (25), Sanni Abacha (23) and Shehu Yar'adua (23).

It brought in Yakubu Gowon as Head of State at 32 and Olusegun Obasanjo at 29.

You are in your 40s and you still sag your trousers.

Of course, you know Linda Ikeji. You’ve spent hundreds of hours on her blog laughing and commenting while she smiles her way to the bank.

She’s just built a house for her father in the village- just by you clicking on her gossip and sharing.

Your day is not complete without a stop by at her blog. She was as broke as you are but she turned a hobby into a business.

Are you that void of understanding?

You think those politicians have any regard for you?

That is why I referred to the arrogance of your ignorance at the beginning of this diatribe.

You have a false estimation of yourself. You have an over bloated ego.

You are only as good as an election ticket - pure and simple. You are only good to be used and discarded like a used ballot paper. Who keeps a used ballot paper anyway? That is why they only remember you every four years.

The word CHANGE belongs to the masses not to selected few, my partner sent this to me & I couldn't resist the urge not to share this

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
^^^ all those nairalanders dying on top APC and PDP matter

1 Like

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by babs01(m): 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
High commission meets high criminal
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Codes151(m): 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
Thankyou! The truth will prevail! They said we should belong abi? That's why the oppress and neglect some! Truth will prevail one day!
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by kinibigdeal(m): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
This man will not kill Ameachi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by brunofarad(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
Following
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by absoluteSuccess: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
itsmaleekbaby:
Oro Pesi je:
I'm sharing this because it is thought-provoking. I wish you could forward it to every youth known to you, so they can have a piece of it. And let the sleeping giants rise.

"My Dear Nigerian Youths", by Prof. Isa.

I am very angry and that is why I am addressing you.

You are the source of my anger and I want to vent my spleen- maybe not at you directly- but at the arrogance of your ignorance.

You sit in front of a computer and rant all day through social media but with every click, you make money - not for yourself - but for Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook).

With every megabyte of data you spend complaining and maligning, you make stupendous bucks for Etisalat, MTN, Glo and Airtel.

Over the next two years, the number of Nigerian millionaires will jump by 47% but most likely you will not be among because you are too busy whining and complaining. And yet about 60% of Nigeria’s 170m population are below 35 years. Oh, what a waste! By the way, Mark Zuckerberg was 19 when he started Facebook.

Africa’s youngest billionaire, Ashish Thakkar, is 31. He escaped from the Rwandan genocide and relocated to Uganda where he started an IT business.

Collin Thornton, who made his millions by fixing bad computers and setting up Dial-a-Nerd, is 35.

Adam Horowitz, an 18-year-old entrepreneur, started 30 websites in 3 years before he became successful.

The only thing you have ever started is an online petition. Have you heard of Jason Njoku? He’s 33 and the founder of Iroko TV. He received $8m investment into his company just a few years ago. What he does? Sharing the same Nollywood films that you spend hours to watch online. He didn’t just hang around waiting for Buhari to make something happen or blaming Jonathan for not making anything happen.

Kamal Budhabhatti was deported from Kenya but while on the flight, he thought of the opportunities in Kenya. He found his way back after 6 months and today his company is valued at $30m. He’s 36.

Have you heard of Chinedu Echeruo? Apple just paid $1b for his app. He’s a Nigerian like you and all he did was attempt to fix a problem. But for you, the only thing you attempt to fix are your nails- and your hairdo! Chinedu moved to New York in 1995 and found it difficult to navigate the city with ease so he developed HopStop to fix the problem.

Stop listing all the problems - we know them already but what are you doing about them?

Awolowo was 37, Akintola was 36, Ahmadu Bello was 36, Tafawa Balewa was 34, Okotie-Eboh was 27 and Enahoro was 27 at the time of independence of Nigeria.

In 1966, the first coup was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu (29) and stopped by Murtala Mohammed (28), TY Danjuma (28), IBB (25), Sanni Abacha (23) and Shehu Yar'adua (23).

It brought in Yakubu Gowon as Head of State at 32 and Olusegun Obasanjo at 29.

You are in your 40s and you still sag your trousers.

Of course, you know Linda Ikeji. You’ve spent hundreds of hours on her blog laughing and commenting while she smiles her way to the bank.

She’s just built a house for her father in the village- just by you clicking on her gossip and sharing.

Your day is not complete without a stop by at her blog. She was as broke as you are but she turned a hobby into a business.

Are you that void of understanding?

You think those politicians have any regard for you?

That is why I referred to the arrogance of your ignorance at the beginning of this diatribe.

You have a false estimation of yourself. You have an over bloated ego.

You are only as good as an election ticket - pure and simple. You are only good to be used and discarded like a used ballot paper. Who keeps a used ballot pa you every four years.

The word CHANGE belongs to the masses not to selected few, my partner sent this to me & I couldn't resist the urge not to share this[ per anyway? That is why they only remember

words!!
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by ddippset(m): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
Which oil companies is he blaming for cultism? Lol. After giving guns to the cultists and millitans just to win the 2015 elections you think those boys are giving the guns back or putting them away? Never! It's time for rivers to reap the whirlwind.
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Raypawer(m): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
that post about IT so on point

1 Like

Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by compoundcc: 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
grin
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by wavytide: 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
High commission of Britain to visit Wike Rivers state Governor is not a surprise, there interest is oil and gas in the region and nothing more, they dont have the interest of the people in mind. if not for the operation of the NDA i dont think this commissioner will come to Portharcourt. They come in the name of investment, for how many years now, does that mean they dont know portharcourt is good for investment all this while? Forget about Britain and their ways, we wiser than them now. Wike just be careful, they are demons as you see them so
Re: Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics by Pesuzok(m): 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
Invest in Rivers. I heard on radio today about the new taxes. Killing everywhere. You cannot drive from Omuku to ahoada or elele with out fear of being kidnapped.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Dullest President In The World According To Google / 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila / 40,998 Voters To Decide Adamawa Next Governor Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.