Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany (14583 Views)

Tompolo Speaks From Hiding, Says: ‘JTF Will Pay For My Father’s Death’ / New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida As He Returns From Germany / Sad! I Must Go And Meet God – Babangida Speaks Out On His Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by sharpden: 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
NIGERIA'S former Military President, retired General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, has spoken from Germany where he has been in the last few weeks.

IBB, as he is fondly called, said he is alive contrary to reports that he had passed on.

MEZIE TIMES had quoted a family source recently, saying that the former military ruler was hale and hearty.

Babangida, speaking on a Television Continental programme on Wednesday, said he would soon return home.

The Lagos-based television programme, Journalists Hangout, was where Babangida called into to dispel the rumour of his death.

He told TVC crew: “I am alive.”

As at press time, journalists were still laying siege to his Hilltop Mansion in Minna, Niger State for news on his whereabouts.

Update from his hiltop mansion

In a bid to further dismiss the rumour tha‎t former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has died, his Personal Assistant, Captain Jalingo, on Wednesday said the gap toothed General is expected in Nigeria on Sunday.

Jalingo, while addressing journalists who had laid siege to the Hilltop Mansion area on Wednesday waiting for Babangida’s arrival, said: “General is alive.”

According to him: “He is supposed to be back today (Wednesday), but he did not come.

“General Babangida is alive.

“Insha Allah, he will be back on Sunday.

“If IBB comes back, there would be a press briefing that same day or the following day.

“He will address the media.”

http://.com/im-alive-babangida-speaks-from-germany/

1 Share

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Abdul010: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wishing you save return home and Ramadan Kareem.
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by bender79: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
These days people kill others on social media

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by brunofarad(m): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wow
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by stobery(m): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
Look at them, dem no get shame at all

You think German or London hospitals can save you people?

All of you that were in the position to build worldclass hospitals in this country but refused, your time has come

28 Likes

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Jirate(m): 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
stobery:
Look at them, dem no get shame at all

You think German or London hospitals can save you people?

All of you that were in the position to build worldclass hospitals in this country but refused, your time has come

Tell Bubu and APC, they are the ones there now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by folks4luv(f): 8:08am On Jun 09, 2016
rushed to Nairaland to confirm the story when a friend mentioned it last night, I suspected twas a hoax. now they goon make IBB live longer.
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by admax(m): 8:08am On Jun 09, 2016
Maybe he fainted or slipped into a coma then a Nigerian nurse working in the German hospital quickly call Linda Ikeji (The leader of Nigeria Gossipers Association).

That was how the news went viral. lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by letsbet(m): 8:09am On Jun 09, 2016
Pls oh, don't pass on. we are feed up with news of dead as of recent memories. hang in there for ur loved ones.
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by monaPhilz: 8:12am On Jun 09, 2016
Jirate:

Tell Bubu and APC, they are the ones there now.
him wey run go germany, no dey there bfore to build world class hospital? Abi him no knw sickness then?
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by igbohausayoruba: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2016
U v made ur point
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2016
quemod:
Same way Ex President Yar Adua was speaking from the land of the dead that year. Just do and die let's eat nama

recieve sense IJN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by monday1962(m): 8:15am On Jun 09, 2016
This guy is back to rub and steal your money. MTN says this is not their work . please for your own sake keep off . this 419 advert. or better still call mtn help line to confirm.
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by TheAlchemist: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2016
IBB just make peace with your maker and ask for forgiveness for the mess you have put this nation into!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by tope3x(m): 8:18am On Jun 09, 2016
complete this please
Coming through
Issue
Pounds sterling lawafishe tissue
Married to the game olohun mikisun
fu*ck my exes ion miss you
............... complete pls
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Exponental(m): 8:22am On Jun 09, 2016
Ok.... but singing "nearer my Allah to thee, nearer to thee" abi?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by monday1962(m): 8:25am On Jun 09, 2016
That MTN 419 advert inserted on this page is not an MTN Nigeria work. if you put your money you are on your own, OYO. Please stay off it.
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by nkemjacob2(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2016
weti concern me if u no well. have ever mean well to Nigerians wen u re in power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by no1madman(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2016
Bleep u. . .u no dey useful to me

3 Likes

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Gasout(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2016
Does his death changes anything? Please, let the toothed General be!
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by tinkinjow: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2016
In a race to be first to break the news of IBBs death Sahara Reporters and the rest hv already pronounced him dead.
What I don't understand is why the race to be first to report someone's death...bizarre!
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Phoenix001(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2016
This man again
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by goshen26: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2016
Even if a dog live like an iroko tree he will one day be sacrificed to the gods....

They sold this nation to poverty... And some one is saying insha Allah.... Anyway God is a merciful God, but I would you confess ur sins and share ur looted wealth among the poor, if not, you will not know rest....awon ika eniyan

4 Likes

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:02am On Jun 09, 2016
so ibb is a gap toothed general like buhari?
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by ochallo: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2016
Not for long . Babaginda's death would signify the beginning of the end of corruption. And when he dies, the FG might be able to sweep in on some of his loot, just the way, it was done for abacha.

1 Like

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Enyimbamercedes: 9:13am On Jun 09, 2016
who cares?
Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by billyG(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2016
This Goon cause us all d problem we hav in tis kun3,frm over throwing his boss,frm killing dele giwa,denying mko d presdnt & killing mko,entrencing corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Alive - Babangida Speaks From Germany by Codes151(m): 9:23am On Jun 09, 2016
First person to ruin Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bankole Osisanya And Nike Temidayo Remanded In Prison In Ogun State. Photos / Anti-party Activities: APC Govs Back Amosun, Okorocha, Yari Against Oshiomhole, / Missing $9.5m: Senate Gives Emefiele 72 Hours To Honour Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.