Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer (2444 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming, Where Do I Start From? / My First Andriod Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by djraymy(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2016
i want to start from scratch about android app development. What do i need pls, or any 'hand out'?
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 09, 2016
JAVA!!!
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Fulaman198(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
Learn some Java first but you can learn Java whilst creating android apps

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by kentho(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2016
Learn Java..... Get android studio nd learn how to get it setup....... Visit youtube for tutorials...... Or torrent sites for udemy android tutorial (quality) ....... Hustle on
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Heetmedia: 1:05am On Jun 12, 2016
my genymotion is giving me headache.. somebody help!
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by promise10: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
djraymy:
i want to start from scratch about android app development. What do i need pls, or any 'hand out'?
Man, I am learning android development at this time and building my android instant messaging app at the same time.

From my experience so far, the MAIN things you need to know are BASICS of Java and BASICS of XML(for layout designing).

Basics of java took me around 1-2months, and you can do that as well if you are really serious with it. And the basics of xml ONLY took me a day to master and you can do that too.

Then after that, you can jump into android development. And it will be easy for you to learn android development as you go through it, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
promise10:

Man, I am learning android development at this time and building my android instant messaging app at the same time.

From my experience so far, the MAIN things you need to know are BASICS of Java and BASICS of XML(for layout designing).

Basics of java took me around 1-2months, and you can do that as well if you are really serious with it. And the basics of xml ONLY took me a day to master and you can do that too.

Then after that, you can jump into android development. And it will be easy for you to learn android development as you go through it, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE.

Goodluck!

I agree with you in regards to the basics of XML, however depending on what he wants to accomplish in his app, he may want to get a pretty good understanding of Java. XML is just a markup language, it's very easy to understand. Java takes a bit of time to get accustomed to.
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Monaira: 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by macaranta(m): 12:25am On Jun 18, 2016
Monaira:
Take a look at this..

https://www.nairaland.com/3172084/free-android-development-training-live
Hey man,I'm interested in learning.Instead of training on whatsapp why not train on this E-Learning website designed for online training of students.

[url]macaranta.com[/url]
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Monaira: 5:30am On Jun 18, 2016
macaranta:

Hey man,I'm interested in learning.Instead of training on whatsapp why not train on this E-Learning website designed for online training of students.

[url]macaranta.com[/url]

Will check it out.
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Monaira: 5:35am On Jun 18, 2016
macaranta:

[url]macaranta.com[/url]

I see that's your project.
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by djraymy(m): 1:09am On Jun 22, 2016
promise10:

Goodluck!
thanks, pls which apps will i download to start practicing with?
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by djraymy(m): 1:14am On Jun 22, 2016
kentho:
Learn Java..... Get android studio nd learn how to get it setup....... Visit youtube for tutorials...... Or torrent sites for udemy android tutorial (quality) ....... Hustle on
thanks
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by djraymy(m): 1:16am On Jun 22, 2016
macaranta:

[url]macaranta.com[/url]
which cms is your site built on?
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by prinzfunchi(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2016
djraymy:
thanks, pls which apps will i download to start practicing with?
for Java, download netbeans.. For android, download android studio
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by djraymy(m): 2:43am On Jun 24, 2016
prinzfunchi:
thanking you flenty flenty
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Sync201(m): 1:08am On Dec 23, 2016
JAVA___
Write once Run Everywhere....
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by snyperboi(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2016
Fulaman198:

I agree with you in regards to the basics of XML, however depending on what he wants to accomplish in his app, he may want to get a pretty good understanding of Java. XML is just a markup language, it's very easy to understand. Java takes a bit of time to get accustomed to.
yeah you are on point bruh... One have to be on intermediate level of java before jumping to android development
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by snyperboi(m): 8:36am On Dec 23, 2016
prinzfunchi:
as a beginner in java one have to code with text editors like sublimetext or editplus and then compile the code and run it in terminal or command prompt instead of using an IDE
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by prinzfunchi(m): 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
snyperboi:

as a beginner in java one have to code with text editors like sublimetext or editplus and then compile the code and run it in terminal or command prompt instead of using an IDE

Yeah, it's recommended but it's not compulsory

I started out with notepad++ but I have a friend that started straight with Eclipse and I'm not better than him in Java
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by Sync201(m): 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
You can try python with kivy....the good side of using python is that its easy to learn and once you have grasped python...learning kivy will be easy and also kivy supports different platforms so you didn't to develope an app for one platform..
Downside=>once your app gets to large ..its get frustrating.....
1:Java is good but its like hell difficult for a beginner to grab....before you learn java you should be at least intermediate with either c++ or c#...OOP style..
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by asalimpo(m): 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
promise10:

Goodluck!
learning the basics with prior programming experience is different than for some one without such experience.
Re: How Do I Start As An Andriod Developer by asalimpo(m): 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
op have you tried c# with xamarin?
Android studio isnt a must. You can install android development kit on eclipse.
Youtube videos abound on this.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Languages Are You Supposed To Learn? / Please Help Me Solve This Problem In C++ / MVC Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.