Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning (45157 Views)

Muslim Youths Kick Against Fayose's Christmas Clothes To Children / Buhari Rejects Files, Orders Aides To Meet Osinbajo / Efcc’s Lagos Found Billions: Amaechi, Fayose’s Aides Fight Over Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Islie: 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
(Taiwo Amodu , )

A few days after Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose, raised alarm that he was one of the targets of the Federal Government travel ban to be placed on two serving governors, there is a move by the Presidency to clamp down on his aides and lawmakers of the Ekiti State Assembly.

A source who spoke with newsmen in Abuja revealed that Chief of Staff to the Ekiti State governor, Barrister Dipo Anisulowo, Deputy Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Segun Adewumi; the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Gboyega Aribisogan; the Chairman of the House Committee on Health, Dr. Samuel Omotosho; and the Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, may be invited to explain their role in the letter addressed to President Xi Jinping of China, asking the latter to halt a loan of $2 billion to Nigeria ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari visit to China last April.

The Chief of Staff to the Ekiti State governor, Barrister Dipo Anisulowo, had led the delegation to Abuja to deliver governor Fayose’s letter to the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Gu Xiaojie.

In the April 12, 2016 letter with reference number EK/GOV/28/10, the Ekiti state governor had written to the Chinese Government, seeking the stoppage of the $2bn loan for railway projects in the country.

Fayose in his letter to President Xi Jinping said Nigerians were “totally opposed to increment of the country’s debt burden, which is already being serviced with 25 per cent of the Federal Government annual budget.

He further said that “the government of China should be mindful of the fact that Nigerians, irrespective of their political and religious affiliations, are totally opposed to increment of the country’s debt burden, which is already being serviced with 25 per cent of the Federal Government annual budget.”

Governor Fayose reportedly stormed China same month while President Buhari was still the guest of his Chinese counterpart.
Speaking with journalists the source argued that the Presidency was embarrassed by the role played by governor Fayose and his aides.

“Since Fayose can’t be arrested or invited for questioning, the plot is to arrest and detain, indefinitely and without administratively bail all the officials who conveyed his letter to the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Gu Xiaojie.”

Daily Sun gathered that Ekiti State House of Assembly had earlier petitioned the National Human Rights Commission, (NHRC) National Assembly, Amnesty International, Embassies of the United States and the United Kingdom over the alleged plot by the Federal Government to prevent Governor Fayose from travelling outside Nigeria without getting clearance from the DSS.

http://sunnewsonline.com/source-presidency-moves-against-fayose-aides-to-be-invited-for-questioning/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by faaz24: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Fayose !

Omo ina la ran si ina

He's on strike,.... may be there is no immunity when you go on strike.

Fayose and his archaic style of empowerment.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Nusaf: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
I don't understand the part of the story that say fayose cannot be arrested. Is it that this immunity has no limit? Cos fayose has committed an offence which the legal expert call treasonable felony.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by midolian(m): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nusaf:
Common salary, fayose cannot pay yet he wouldn't allow us to rest.
you dey mind the talking drum?

The foool sees a strand of hair in people's eyes but won't feel a log in his own eyes. Sometimes, I don't blame him but the people he governs. When you praise a man for feeding fat on kpomo that is meant for the masses and refuse to criticize him for neglecting his real responsibilities.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by olokpa11(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
Watched fayose on ait this evening, and he made it clear that he would travel anywhere he wants to without any human being stopping him!!! And for all those screaming that he can't pay salary, Fayose brought out ekiti's revenue on national tv, he showed us the breakdown and asked us to go and verify, Seeing that breakdown, I don't see how fayose would be able to pay salaries at all. So let's put hatred aside and use our common sense

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by faaz24: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
olokpa11:
Watched fayose on ait this evening, and he made it clear that he would travel anywhere he wants to without any human being stopping him

He's just a dramatist, a few dramas at the airport and dazzol....he can't force himself into the aeroplane

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Progressive01(m): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
I can hardly wait to see this man's kpomo cutting asss hauled into jail after 2018.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Chloekim(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
olokpa11:
Watched fayose on ait this evening, and he made it clear that he would travel anywhere he wants to without any human being stopping him
[quote iauthor=olokpa11 post=46427582] If Fayose want us to take him serious,let's see him travel out of the country. This is the second time he will boast of traveling anywhere without anyone stopping him.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by OlujobaSamuel: 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
I hope fg don't charge you guys to court, because if they do, your life will never be the same, reason no bail for your crime, evidence; your letter to another nation president.
I won't say you are senseless, just that you are proving your stupidity.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Chigold101(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
Silence the voice of all those that oppose you.

Soon all those who do not support this evil government will be in jail.

Frame every opposition up with corruption or any other thing. Just make sure they are detained in DSS or EFCC cells.

I wonder what Nigeria would have looked like if Goodluck Jonathan was like this.

Someone should remind Buhari that Abacha died few hours before he could sign date sentence of DIYA, OBJ, FADIPE etc.

Someone should tell Buhari that cancer can also send someone to cell 6feets below.

I rest my case

221 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Splinz(m): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
This government is bound to fail with this kind of undue interference and persecution of opponents. So sad that Buhari is bent on destroying our nurtured democracy under the last administration.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Chigold101(m): 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I hope fg don't charge you guys to court, because if they do, your life will never be the same, reason no bail for your crime, evidence; your letter to another nation president.
I won't say you are senseless, just that you are proving your stupidity.
bros keep politics aside.
Do we really need a loan from any country at all?
What will be the fate of us 10years from now if we keep take loans?
If FG have recorvered $9billion, what are we doing with $2billion?

That aside:
Mind u that APC wrote to the USA, UK & their allies in 2013 and told them not to sell arms & military herdwares to Goodluck Jonathan government claiming human right violations and other things.

227 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by SegunAdewole: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Our yoruba muslims will support this because their fulani master Mumuhamido Ibn Burukutuharri, dullardd the 1st can never be wrong.

yoruba muslims are our problems in Odua land. grin

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by SegunAdewole: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
midolian:
you dey mind the talking drum?

The foool sees a strand of hair in people's eyes but won't feel a log in his own eyes. Sometimes, I don't blame him but the people he governs. When you praise a man for feeding fat on kpomo that is meant for the masses and refuse to criticize him for neglecting his real responsibilities.

faaz24:

He's just a dramatist, a few dramas at the aiport and dazzol....he can't force himself into the aeroplane

I no talk am? yoruba muslims are ready to destroy us in yoruba land and sell we christian as slaves to fulani. They never learn from Afonja. Thank God for Rev Gbonigi and Peter Fayose!

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Abeymills(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
Silencing every opposition

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by steppin: 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
This government is shameless. They want to destroy the opposition completely.
Can a good government do well without a fierce opposition?

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by ifeelgood: 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Gengen
Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by VivianUdeogu(f): 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
I just love Fayose. I wish Fayose can rule us in Igboland. Fayose is greater than all the Governors we have in Igboland. Fayose is greater than Ojukwu. Fayose must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
THIS FAYOSE GUY.IS A JOKER. HE DOESNT EVEN.KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO GOVERN.
YOU CANT EVEN PAY SALARIES YET YOU ARE BLAMING A WORKING GOVERNMENT. OLODO OSHI...

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by EWAagoyin(m): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
cool

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Bluebabybash: 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
Manchester United must smash British record transfer fee to land £78million-rated Paul Pogba
Read more>> https://linagrey..com.ng/2016/06/manchester-united-must-smash-british.html

Chelsea ponder £31million Michy Batshuayi swoop after Belgium striker snubbed West Ham transfer bid
Read more>>https://linagrey..com.ng/2016/06/chelsea-ponder-31million-michy.html

'She is a lesbian' Fan attack Toke Makinwa on Instagram
Read more>> https://linagrey..com.ng/2016/06/she-is-lesbian-fan-attack-toke-makinwa.html

Wife of Veteran Acto; Jide Kosoko dies at 53
Read more>> https://linagrey..com.ng/2016/06/wife-of-veteran-acto-jide-kosoko-dies.html

MENINGITIS: Crucial things you should know about this deadly disease
Read more>> https://linagrey..com.ng/2016/06/meningitis-crucial-things-you-should.html
Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Businessideas: 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
Fayose is the only one on strike. The other officials are not on strike grin
Yeye peeps, which state in America where we copied our democracy from would write to another sovereign country?
Fayose doesn't know what international Law and diplomacy is all about. The local press would have been adequate instead of writing an official letter to another sovereign state to act against a sovereign state you swore to protect it's constitution. You can not use the state paraphernalia and legal authority of Ekiti State as a component part of your soverignity to oppose your national interest without breaking the law you swore to uphold. At worst, if he has to do it, he could have done that through the instrumentality of his national party in opposition not in his capacity as a sitting governor of a state government or write to the national assembly directly to oppose or block PMB.He wasn't even patient to get the facts as it turned out that there was no loan application by Nigeria from China.
So they should all face the music.

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Leoswaggs(m): 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
Na whu questionin epp
Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by galaxy4rep(m): 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
baby!
Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by galaxy4rep(m): 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
ok
Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by LuckyLadolce(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
grin
Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by JustHere2Observ(f): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
SegunAdewole:
Our yoruba muslims will support this because their fulani master Mumuhamido Ibn Burukutuharri the dullardd 1 can never be wrong.

yoruba muslims are our problems in Odua land. grin

The one I know is Yoruba vs Ibo vs Hausa or christian vs Muslim. Which one is yoruba vs Yoruba Muslim.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by demitola(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Well i just feel this Baba silence on the Kponmo governor is really dangerous. A reprisal whether directly or discretely would deal a serious blow. If i were a Governor, i wouldnt call a man like Buhari's bluff, i just dont think i would. As critical as Aregbe was to GEJ, he didnt take it to the Kpomo cutter level.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by heffem(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
This govt is a very big joke.... There are pressing issues to address rather than running after oppositions....

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by chiedu7: 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
What is wrong with Buhari please?

he seems to have the wrong ideas.

he is obsessed with silencing the opposition.

Can somebody tell the man that he has to govern.

He was elected to govern not got after the opposition

Look at the so called fulani Libyans go and arrest, you won't.
Saying ECOWAS this, ECOWAS that.

Libya na part of ECOWAS?

Wetin dey ur mind na how to silence the opposition.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by Agimor(m): 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
Fayose always in the news for bad reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning by atirolu(m): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
If we are to look at it objectively, we don't need the loan, we have 6 trillion budget for 2016, presidency through their spoke person claimed and published 3 trillion worth of loot including cash at hand and properties, mainwhile the fight still continue more money will come. In conclusion however we are going to have like 4 trillion recovered loots wot else do we need loan for?

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"We Can No Longer Laugh With Buhari" - El-Rufai / Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / FG Declares Public Holidays For Christmas, New Year Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.