Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly (1117 Views)

4 Reasons Why Your Exercises Are Not Working For You (photos) / The Eyes & The Vagina Don't Need Cleaning Up Regularly / 4 Reasons Why You Should Always Drink Lemon Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by Kgdavid(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
Life in Nigeria, particularly in the Bigger Cities such as Lagos and Abuja, can be a bit frenetic and no one really has that much time to chill, let alone to workout. If you’re in your 20’s you probably have even more reason to read this and give me that corner eye look, like, "Mr! What is wrong with you? Don’t you know most of us are unemployed, who has time for exercise?"

Oga (and Madams too), relax first. You might find this a little hard to believe but better believe it because it is true: Exercise can make life more bearable for you and help you achieve your goals in Nigeria. Read on to see how:

#1. Could help you get a job

Everybody is beautiful in their own way, as we all like to say (probably to make ourselves feel better about our big noses and long ears), but studies have shown that people who are perceived to look better, often are more successful than other people. This is because, subconsciously, good looking people are assumed to be smart and potential employers will have a bias (perhaps without even realizing it) for people they feel are good looking.

Somewhere in your mind, you already know this, even if you might not acknowledge it and that’s probably why you polish your shoes for important occasions. Even if you’re not the most naturally good looking person, you could use exercise to help you even the score, and if you are naturally exceptionally good looking, you could use exercise to enhance your looks even more.

The right exercise program will help improve your posture, get rid of fat, and build some impressive looking muscles, all of which will help create a powerful impression about you from the moment you step into any interview room. This works for both fellas and ladies, as fit looking ladies are an instant attraction and are sure to turn heads.

Keeping yourself fit will also help pass on the message to the interviewers, that you are a self-disciplined person who will persevere at a challenge. Besides, who knows? There just might be a lady on the interview board that just loves to work with guys with nice biceps. *wink wink*

#2. Improve your confidence

Dear job seeker, you might not realize this but your body almost literally reeks of desperation and no one likes to be around desperate people. You simply must understand that your first impression will often determine your chances of success and that your first impression will largely be made and perceived subconsciously. So what does exercise have to do with making first impressions and getting your dream job?

The answer is really quite simple: exercise has a documented effect at improving your mood in the hours after completion. If you exercise long and hard enough, you are certain to feel happier, lighter and much more optimistic, all of which will show through when you step into an interview room. You might have heard this so many times that you’re beginning to disregard it but hey, confidence really is one key every job seeker needs, and the fact is, you simply can’t fake confidence either. Why not just go for a run every morning or simply stay home and do a few sets of push-ups and squats?

#3. Improve your relationships

Ladies, you’ll have to excuse us for the next two paragraphs as this point is mainly for the fellas. In Nigeria, guys love to say that women won’t come around till you’ve got money and while this may be true to some extent, it is also true that most people still can resist their primal instincts effectively. What this simply means is that just as most men can’t resist ogling a nice pair of boobs on a good looking woman, most women are also attracted to men that look good physically.

Think about it. Chances are, you’ve personally never seen or heard of a good looking guy who struggles to attract female attention, and though it must be said that finding you attractive does not mean women are going to want a relationship with you, being fit and good looking will only give you an advantage. You’ve got nothing to lose.

#4. Improve your health

You’re in your 20’s and like most of us, you don’t have much awareness of death. You still think you’re going to live forever on earth. Gentle reminder: there any number of health conditions that are simply waiting to shorten your life span in your latter years, and most of them will have their foundations formed during your 20’s.

All that drinking, clubbing, Gala and Lacasera chopping, and your patent refusal to perform any exercise whatsoever, will set you up for an early death, to state the truth bluntly.

Exercise won’t guarantee that you will live to be a hundred years old, but it sure will improve your chances of beating 75, according to studies.

Regular cardiovascular exercise will be instrumental for protecting your heart, improving your brain function and even improving oxygen uptake, which is a measure of how much oxygen your body is able to use from the air you breathe in.

Also, strength exercises such as squats and push-ups will be instrumental for building stronger, denser bones, which will help prevent osteoporosis and other joint related issues later in life. You better take this seriously because the bones begin to hollow out once people hit their mid-thirties.

Conclusion

I hope I've been able to convince you that you need to work out if you're in your 20’s and live in Nigeria. The stress in this country can be crazy, and sometimes you’re just going to want to get some rest, plain and simple; but don’t forget these four important benefits of regular exercise that could help turn your life around and get you on track to winning big.

http://davidabraham360..com/2016/05/4-reasons-why-you-need-to-work-out.html

1 Like

Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
Another advantage: one who exercised regularly in their earlier years finds it easier to get the swing back in later years. Muscle memory lasts decades and's easy to re-trigger.
Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
u cud not have said it any better. Exercise is good for everyone both old and young. I will keep on exercising till i drop dead. Asides the health benefits that come with regular exercising, i know how many chicks man don parole. Both young,middle-aged and old. Everywoman sure likes a man that takes very good care of his body. Talking from experience.
Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by Kgdavid(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
u cud not have said it any better. Exercise is good for everyone both old and young. I will keep on exercising till i drop dead. Asides the health benefits that come with regular exercising, i know how many chicks man don parole. Both young,middle-aged and old. Everywoman sure likes a man that takes very good care of his body. Talking from experience.

grin well done
Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by Kgdavid(m): 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
charix:
Another advantage: one who exercised regularly in their earlier years finds it easier to get the swing back in later years. Muscle memory lasts decades and's easy to re-trigger.

Yea you're right.
Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by NiRfreak(m): 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nice write up...good points....

But many guys are too Lazy to exercise...some even disdain people with strong looking biceps and chest muscle
Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by Kgdavid(m): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
NiRfreak:

But many guys are too Lazy to exercise...some even disdain people with strong looking biceps and chest muscle

I can't imagine how a man in his 20's-30's would refuse to work out regularly. I have been doing regular push-ups since i was 13 and in fact one of my ex gf's once said to me that she can't imagine why any girl would want to be with a guy who is not fit...

its a no-brainer!!
Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
NiRfreak:

That is not true. Everyguy want to have strong and ripped muscles but most do not want to go through the "hard" process of getting it and will rather remain like a fat mass of flesh while the ones who are determined go the extra mile to get that fit body. And we are only few in this world. Out of every 11 guys only 1 is physically fit with ripped muscles.
Re: Are You In Your 20's? Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Need To Workout Regularly by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
Kgdavid:

grin well done
Na d way brother. Thiose women no dey let man rest. But i am enjoying it all d same.

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Powder / 5 Worst Foods For Type 2 Diabetes / Hlep!!! Pain In My Right Hip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.