Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,338 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake (18571 Views)

90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government / Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by lamzybaby: 5:12am On Jun 10, 2016
Tomato pastes manufacturers in the country yesterday told the House of Representatives Joint Committees on Healthcare Services and Drugs and Narcotics that over 91.1 percent of tomato pastes in the country were fake and substandard.

Some of the tomato pastes manufacturing companies that attended the public hearing were Dangote Farms, Erisco Foods Limited and Savanna Farms.

In his submission, the legal adviser of Erisco Foods, Abdulraham Kadri told the committee that the company, alongside Dangote Farms and Savanna Farms, were not at the public hearing because of the financial damage substandard and fake tomato pastes had caused the country.

More: http://nigerianpilot.com/tomato-pastes-in-nigeria-are-fake/

1 Share

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by c4tnoelz: 5:23am On Jun 10, 2016
I tot az much, daz y i stopd uzing tomato paste, am kk wif pepper n shambo

3 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by babdap: 5:34am On Jun 10, 2016
God save us all, tin tomato were substitute for most Nigerians. now that we knew 91.1% re fake what are we going to be eating.

4 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nusaf: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2016
A drowning man will clinch even to a straw. What we are passing through in this country now is tomato famine and that is an opportunity for greedy manufacturers to cash in quick money at the expense of our health, God save us.

6 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by marwanafrica: 5:53am On Jun 10, 2016
I blame the regulatory bodies eg Nafdac

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by coolzeal(m): 6:03am On Jun 10, 2016
The current stage of NAFDAC is ridiculous excluding the late Prof. Dora, whose reign as NAFDAC boss is undeniable indispensable.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by greatgod2012(f): 6:04am On Jun 10, 2016
Only God will save us in this country.
Not only tomato paste that is fake, almost all the processed food we buy and use in this country are substandard.

That's why there are so many unexplainable causes of different ailments and diseases, especially terminal ones. These substandard products are damaging the sensitive organs in our bodies.

God have mercy on us and we too should have mercy on ourselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by monaPhilz: 6:07am On Jun 10, 2016
Nawaooh
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by kossyablaze(m): 6:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Useless NAFDAC

2 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by avril9(f): 6:37am On Jun 10, 2016
lamzybaby:
Tomato pastes manufacturers in the country yesterday told the House of Representatives Joint Committees on Healthcare Services and Drugs and Narcotics that over 91.1 percent of tomato pastes in the country were fake and substandard.

Some of the tomato pastes manufacturing companies that attended the public hearing were Dangote Farms, Erisco Foods Limited and Savanna Farms.

In his submission, the legal adviser of Erisco Foods, Abdulraham Kadri told the committee that the company, alongside Dangote Farms and Savanna Farms, were not at the public hearing because of the financial damage substandard and fake tomato pastes had caused the country.

More: http://nigerianpilot.com/tomato-pastes-in-nigeria-are-fake/
this is only a plot to discredit other products n create fear in d hearts of consumers.its not enough to say its fake,give us proves,but sometimes u can't help but blame d crafty n wicked minds of d average nigerian wit d way dey import all junks from abroad

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by nonjebose(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2016
With the crises in production of tomato, the below average Nigerian will care less about this news. Thankfully, fresh tomatoes are coming out in the market now, this will reduce the dependence on tin tomatoes and help in being more careful in buying process

3 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by sukkot: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2016
LOLZ fake tomato paste ? wtf does that mean ?

3 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by VocalWalls: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2016
Trying to justify selling the small tin for 150?

Give us like that, my wife can work her magic around it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by hucienda: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2016
Lord help us.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by psychologist(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2016
Tomates ebola has given everybody voice now!

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2016
That's how I justify myself when I tell people if not fresh tomatoes, stew preparation will be given a break.

2 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Lilimax(f): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2016
Virtually all of them have Nafdac Numbers and who certified them fit for human consumption?

12 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by loomer: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2016
So that we go dey buy only una own, I like the fake ones better, dagote and co, carry ur own go

12 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by McBrooklyn(m): 8:54am On Jun 10, 2016
Everything about Nigeria sef na Fake! Some Nigerians sef na Fake!!! Nigeria itself na Fake!!!

Meanwhile . . .

*** How to Deal with Someone Who is Disturbing You with Unnecessary Calls *** cheesy cheesy

"Go to OLX, Advertise iPhone 6 for 20,000naira. Leave His or Her Number as Contact There, and then Sit Back, Smile and Drink Chilled Zobo" grin grin grin

You can try cos it is simple and effective and you can actually thank me later cool

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Afrok(m): 8:55am On Jun 10, 2016
Tell us the brand of the original and fake ones undecided

1 Like

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Flexherbal(m): 8:55am On Jun 10, 2016
No wonder people die anyhow these days.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by truthspeaks: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2016
Who do we blame, govt /regulatory agencies or d biz men taking advantage of d tomato scarcity. I prefer to blame govt/regulatory agencies who hv failed to initiate policies dat will encourage agric activities n food security.. even wen d tomato ebola was jst discovered, dis mu.mu govt kept blaming past govt n even boko haram instead of doing sumtin abt d situation. Wat incompetence

2 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by macino1(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2016
So, my guess is right after all, I don't always like the use of those.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by IkpuMmadu: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2016
If 91% is fake it then means that the tomatoes manufacturer are churning out fake products

They should be held responsible
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Mike008(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2016
Which are the remaining 8.99% genuine ones?
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by MadCow1: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2016
I know ...

E get some wey dey red pass even natural Tomatoes.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by MrCow(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2016
true
Gino I know
De Rica I know

The rest who You b?

1 Like

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by chrisBenSunny: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2016
Genetically modify organism[G.M.O] it Kills, nigerians should be careful on the type food we eat. May God save us.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Pyno30: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2016
That's not new. Everything in Nigeria now is fake.
President fake.
President ear fake.
President throat fake.
President party fake.
President ministers fake.
President Security fake.
President excuses fake
Why tomato no go get fake?

5 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nbote(m): 9:01am On Jun 10, 2016
And where are d ones dey are manufacturing Are they trying to say d remaining 9.9% na their own wey b original or their own still share d remaining percentage with d foreign ones? It's not enof to com out and criticize wats in d market wen dey are either doing little or nothing. Last year we heard reports of tomatoes wasting away in d north with no one buying dem. Wen d desirable is not available, d available becomes desirable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Pyno30: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2016
Mike008:
Which are the remaining 8.99% genuine ones?
The one that Dangote produces.

2 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by fpeter(f): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2016
It is well with our country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Price Of Bread Set To Rise As Bakers Lament High Cost Of Ingredients / Lagos Bans Use Of Motorbikes,air Cooling Vans For Meat Transportation / How Do You Make Sour Sop Fruit Ripe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.