Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice (30357 Views)

Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / 7 Attitudes You Should Have On Lagos Roads If You Are Relocating To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by aloziedaya(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2016
Yes I know how difficult things are in Nigeria right now. Everyday I read and hear from the media news and articles about Nigeria that trouble the heart.
Life in Europe is better in terms of basic needs as humans, but socially it has decayed beyond imagination. The future of our children is at stake here socially and morally. The western culture is eating deep in our children.
So I'm considering bringing my family down to Nigeria to train them in our own culture.
Do you think I'm making a mistake?
Please your candid advice.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2016
Please keep them there. Nigeria is not getting any better. Most of us here are planning on how to leave this country for good and you are there planning on how to come home.

192 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by VictorRomanov: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2016
Think well oooo! The morals here ain't high either! I believe you can raise morally upright children anywhere. Though it's more difficult in some areas. Just start young and be resourceful!

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by kenkenny55(m): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2016
My dear its never a mistake. Rather its good to train ur children on ur own culture my dear.its a good option. Its rare to hear that people wants to bring their familes home from another mans land knowing how difficult the economy is now. Its a very wise decision

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by theEYe21(f): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2016
It's as if you want your family to suffer the hardship of Nigeria, you no try, do you even know what's going on? angry

52 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by youngest85(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
Yes I know how difficult things are in Nigeria right now. Everyday I read and hear from the media news and articles about Nigeria that trouble the heart.
Life in Europe is better in terms of basic needs as humans, but socially it has decayed beyond imagination. The future of our children is at stake here socially and morally. The western culture is eating deep in our children.
So I'm considering bringing my family down to Nigeria to train them in our own culture.
pls, i'm on my kneels.... No jst try am o!

237 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by donsteady(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2016
Bro are you relocating completely with your kids and wife or you are just going to send your kids down to be with their gran ma?
If you are relocating to Nigeria start hunting for job to take care of your children better don't come. Buhari hass succeeded in turning Nigeria upside down. But if you have money to start a good business my brother come back home

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by bender79: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Please we can exchange positions

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2016
kenkenny55:
My dear its never a mistake. Rather its good to train ur children on ur own culture my dear.its a good option. Its rare to hear that people wants to bring their familes home from another mans land knowing how difficult the economy is now. Its a very wise decision
But it still doesn't change the fact that there is also high moral decadence here in Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Adeyeancah(m): 9:12am On Jun 10, 2016
We fit trade places together o bros grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by monlawal(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
I have 3 question to ask.
1. Are you moving the whole family including yourself?
2. Have you laid a solid foundation here that would guarantee your family is well catered for?
3. Do you have a morally strong family in Nigeria that can train them without making your children angry? In other news do you have people that can educate them

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by persius555(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2016
Op, this platform is problably not the best to get a constructive reply. Many on this forum have polarised view. You know where the shoe pinch.
Relocating the children for a while might not be a bad idea afterall. Maybe their exposure to a bit of the societal values might just serve to correct their view on the short run.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by kenkenny55(m): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
But it still doesn't change the fact that there is also high moral decadence here in Nigeria.
yes it doesn't change that. Let's not discourage someone from coming to his home land. Its his choice... Someone who wants to bring his family home already knew what he is about to face. He didn't say he is not reading news nd since he is on nairaland he knows what is happening nd I believe he still have friends and family.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 10, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef? Day don break oh...

In the meantime, can you bring some Dollars & Euros when coming?...please come fast

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2016
If your idea is to bring them down and leave in care of a relative,then it's not worth it ..as they may not have the proper care and the economy ain't smiling. .I MO y not bring them home during the holidays till a stage you can confidently leave them on their own. .before you start to hear stories that touch the heart of how they are being maltreated

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2016
In the social aspect, children that will spoil will spoil no matter the environment. Its all about parental up-bringing and the level of closeness your children are with God.

Economic wise, its better you remain there, you already know what we are going through here.

Security wise, Nigeria is not safe. The list goes from Boko haram to fulani herdsmen, militants and high rate of cultism.

16 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2016
this is how people will see light and still prefer darkness to it. u want to leave USA and come to Nigeria to suffer abi? oya do quick o.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by youngeagle(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2016
Keep them over there for now,the Government is in war with its citizens,now is not a good time

7 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by iokpebholo: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2016
Pls keep them there cos we have a new sheriff in town whose name is synonymous with failure.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Chubhie: 10:03am On Jun 10, 2016
People are different so it could work out well for you.

It seems logical not to bring them to Nigeria at this point in time. Try Namibia Ghana Togo or Kenya. I recommend Namibia for now pending when the structural issues of Nigeria are duly sorted out.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Affable0709(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Like someone said, and I still repeat, please can we exchange positions?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by worry359(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

You will be making the biggest mistake of your children's lives.

You want to bring them back to Nigeria to train them in tribalism, corruption and little village mentality! shocked shocked shocked
When you children grow up they will curse you for removing them from the benefits of civilized living.
Your children will never, never forgive you if you take them back. angry angry

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2016
If you or your wife is going to stay with them here, then its a good idea.

I strongly advise against leaving them with a relation because there will be a "VERY" high chance of maltreatment towards them.(they will take ur money and deprive ur children).

As for accomodation, GRA's are more private and wont give too much room for peer influence. If they live in d streets, other children will exploit and corrupt them.(they will be given the JJC treatment).

If u cannot give them this kind of life pls leave them there so as not to regret it.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Ravenna: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Pls bring em in.
Just make sure you keep em in a nice appartment in a secured location preferably the greatest SW zone, any region apart from that (NE, NW, NC, SE, SS,) May God help you and your family.
Nigeria is Clean and GREEN.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by coded01: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2016
shocked shocked

Back to square one...Smh!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Benjom(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2016
"Change", they say, "in life is inevitable"... That's exactly what you'll experience when you relocate. However, whether it will be positive or negative now depends on you.

#NaijaGoKukuBetter

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by lonelydora: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2016
Right thing at the wrong time.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by DonMaxxy(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2016
be ready to re-locate them back to Europe, if you do bring them back. The level of decay here is beyond repair...at least people are trianed in right conscience over there in the West. But here in Nigeria, every body is on his own.

If you bring them back, OYO is your case o!

6 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Peacetemi: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Think well oooo! The morals here ain't high either! I believe you can raise morally upright children anywhere. Though it's more difficult in some areas. Just start young and be resourceful!
Gbam!
Vickyydera:
Gbammer!!
worry359:

You will be making the biggest mistake of your children's lives.
You want to bring them back to Nigeria to train them in tribalism, corruption and little village mentality! shocked shocked shocked
When you children grow up they will curse you for removing them from the benefits of civilized living.
Your children will never, never forgive you if you take them back. angry angry
Gbammest!!!

11 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by menstrualpad: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2016
DON'T.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by opyzy(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2016
I'm pretty sure your great grandchildren will curse you for this later if they find out undecided

7 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by sukkot: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2016
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sosoliso Plane Crash 15 Years After: Woman Pays Touching Tribute To Her Sister / Drama At Lagos Airport As Abandoned Bag Causes Scare / Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.