Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members (12272 Views)

Member Of PDP New Media Team Attacked On Sick Bed In Benue (Photos) / Governor Ikpeazu Sacks SSG, Commissioners And Over 200 Aides / Amina Mohammed And Her "Social Media Team". What's Wrong With It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by donigspain(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
Abia state governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, has fired all 15 members of media team for unknown reasons.

No official reason was given for the governor’s action; however sources have linked the sack to the inefficiency experienced during the recent visit of Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state.

The notice of the sack was contained in a statement issued by the chief of staff to the governor, Chief Chijioke Nwakodo.

It was also gathered that there has been hostility amongst members of the media team since Governor Ikpeazu’s assumption into office.

The sacked media team was headed by Godwin Adindu, the chief press secretary to the governor.

He was asked to hand over government property in their possession to the permanent secretary, government house, Umuahia.

SOURCE

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by donigspain(m): 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
I hope it's unconnected with the mild drama that played out on Twitter few days ago between Abia SSA and I (@henrikachi). lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I also pray the SSA, Sir Hart, is not affected by the sack o! He is quite active and accessible on social media platforms unlike his predecessors. Bring him back IF he was affected!

The new media team should learn from the mistakes of the past by adopting the following strategies:

- Develop a clearly identifiable voice and tone across platforms
- Have regulated/limited official information sources for press releases and other info
- Ensure adequate online listening, monitoring and community engagement approaches
- Report facts and reduce propaganda: information is now user-generated. Someone will likely produce facts to counter lies/propaganda grin
- Build an active team of state media ambassadors headed by a seasoned community manager. Team will be charged with disseminating state's achievements across platforms while engaging the public on relevant discussions.

CC: Ponponkon (were you affected?)

ABLE GOVERNOR IKPEAZU: WE ARE WATCHING YOU!!!

ABIA MUST BE GREAT!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Likei(m): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
One of them is ugochuku umezuo, that man lie pass lai mohamed. He is always the first to say abia state govt is not oweing workers, while some people have not been paid since january.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by PRYCE(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
It was also gathered that there has been hostility amongst members of the media team since Governor Ikpeazu’s assumption into office
I thought the governor appointed his own media team on assumption to office? They making it sound like he inherited the media team from his predecessor!

inefficiency experienced during the recent visit of Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state.
Lol! The media team no Package stuff well! grin
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by doyinisaac(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Likei:
One of them is ugochuku umezuo, that man lie pass lai mohamed. He is always the first to say abia state govt is not oweing workers, while some people have not been paid since january.
If what u just said is true then the governor will not want to sack such person because his lies are in one way or the other defending the Abia state government which is something the governor would even be excited about that he is defending his government...there must be an unknown reason why they were sacked...

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
Even my friend (the former governor) no dey there sef angry
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by sukkot: 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
endtime governor. jus sackin folk during recession
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Holyfield1(m): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ambode sack
Ikpeazu sack
Hmmm, make una continue
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
inefficiencies everywhere...
Smh
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by UnknownT: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
Is that why Ponponkon doesn't create threads on Nairaland again?

10 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by seekier(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
hissssss........., if im brother join dem, shey he go sack all of dem?
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Beremx(f): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ponponkon comes to mind. I saw it coming. grin

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
They've not been feeding nairalanders enough propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by nawtyme: 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ponponkon are you there? You sell your soul evil politicians for chicken change and tell all sorts of lies to keep the change coming in. I wish you are one of those sacked. Same thing I wish to all those who have sold their consciences to propagate falsehood and decit on nairaland. You all will be worse than those who's lives your lies have put in misery.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ugochukwu Emezuo is the very WORST, fool/stupid tout far than Lia Mohhamed.
Likei:
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by asha80(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ponponkon

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
Where is ponponkon and betterAbiastate? Hope they are not among?
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by truthspeaks: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
minister of labour withdraw the operating license of that governor with imediate effect.lolzzz

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Pavore9: 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
Now they will how "cold" the weather is!
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by oviejnr(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
k
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by Bishops10(m): 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
Likei:
I wanted skipping this thread but said "No,let me check if Ugochukwu Emezue is among" That guy can lie for Africa .

just listen to him on BCA or Family Love Fm

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by mayorchelsea(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
I thought there was no one like Lai Mohammed in that region.Good to know there's someone that can give Lai a run for his money.#justsaying
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by 400billionman: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Sack all of them.

Banks sef are sacking. grin
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by chuksmad(m): 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
This governor should step up his work, imagine he has not paid his workers since January this year. I dont know why Abia and Imo state are lagging behind in the south east. It is always like that since time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by emmyojo22(m): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by kushma(m): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
Owk
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by amtaken(f): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
Shina Adeshina loading....
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by sparrowkid: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
So there's another south East governor who is owing workers salaries and some are here making jest of other states. A case of shuffering and shmiling.
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by iheanyi40(m): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
UnknownT:
Is that why Ponponkon doesn't create threads on Nairaland again?
lol em don sack am grin grin
Re: Ikpeazu Sacks All His Media Team Members by asha80(m): 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
donigspain:
I hope it's unconnected with the mild drama that played out on Twitter few days ago between Abia SSA and I (@henrikachi). lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I also pray the SSA, Sir Hart, is not affected by the sack o! He is quite active and accessible on social media platforms unlike his predecessors. Bring him back IF he was affected!

The new media team should learn from the mistakes of the past by adopting the following strategies:

- Develop a clearly identifiable voice and tone across platforms
- Have regulated/limited official information sources for press releases and other info
- Ensure adequate online listening, monitoring and community engagement approaches
- Report facts and reduce propaganda: information is now user-generated. Someone will likely produce facts to counter lies/propaganda grin
- Build an active team of state media ambassadors headed by a seasoned community manager. Team will be charged with disseminating state's achievements across platforms while engaging the public on relevant discussions.

CC: Ponponkon (were you affected?)

ABLE GOVERNOR IKPEAZU: WE ARE WATCHING YOU!!!

ABIA MUST BE GREAT!
o so Na you be @henrikechi? Lol u dey give samhart stress oo lol with all those bad aba pics..i dont think he was affected though because he is still tweeting about activities of abia state as at now

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign / Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? / FG Has No Excuse Not To Fix Economy- Saraki, Catholic Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.