Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone (17487 Views)

Imade Adeleke's 3rd Birthday: Davido Celebrates His 1st Daughter / Wizkid's Son, King Ayo Celebrates His 1st Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by winkmart: 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
On a quite emotional post on Instagram today. Denrele talked about his breakthrough in the industry and how he got his 1st BLACKBERRY PHONE in 2006

denrele_edun : [b]#FlashBackFriday to the very FIRST time i interviewed d Silver-Screen-Glamour-Queen @genevievennaji on d RedCarpet.

Twas in 2006 at the official premiere of "The Widow" starring @stelladamasus & directed by @kingsleyogoro at Planet One in Maryland, Ikeja. I wasn't billed to host the RedCarpet, @kemiadetiba actually was but she was busy with another event and I was called upon last minute! I had to race from the Soundcity studios in Lekki Phase1 and in a bid to get on d RedCarpet early, I left my flip SonyEriccson fone in d taxi! I was so friggin livid wit myself but hey, the show must go on. Unprepared, flustered and with no inkling as to what was going on, I was pushed onto the RedCarpet by @olatundemichaels (The Evil Producer) and wham bam...the oversized Mic was thrust in my hand!

First guest was the then First Lady of Lagos state, Chief Oluremi Tinubu. With an impressive security entourage, I stuck out my foot and told her that if she didn't do my interview, I would step on her designer shoes...She looked at me, laughed hard and granted me an amazing interview (From our dialogue, I learnt what the event was about!).
But I be DIE-Hard & I no dey carry last...I realized this was the opportunity to up my game and propel myself from being the least paid presenter (then) to another level. I KILLED THE PRESENTATION...I was a nervous wreck with sweaty palms, thinking so hard of what to say and ask but my face and voice masked those emotions...I WAS DARN OVER CONFIDENT!

@genevievennaji walked in and was such a delight to chat with. I recall seeing@glazedlens but the excitement of interviewing Genny made me forget to interview her too!
Let's just say, that RedCarpet session not only skyrocketed my pay check but it also made Chief Remi Tinubu dash me a very sexy "brown envelope" all cos she had never laughed so hard wit a presenter on d RedCarpet!

I spoke to over a hundred celebrities & I was proud of d content I had amassed for the Channel. Then it hit me...I was Phone-less. Stroke of luck,

one of the sponsors gave me a brand new Blackberry..my first ever!

OUR HUSTLE MUST PAY SHA!
Always stay STRONG!!!!
NOTHING CAN BRING US DOWN!!!
[/b]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGesLmxqhVP/?taken-by=denrele_edun

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by winkmart: 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by pet4ril(f): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
That's good to hear

2 Likes

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by cruzita(f): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
undecided make we do wetin?

boil gala?

2 Likes

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by cruzita(f): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2016

boil gala?

3 Likes

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by winkmart: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
Denrele is nothing but an inspiration. Though he might be controversial, but he's fulfilled

www.blackberrybabes.com will pay you for commenting on their posts

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by chimah3(m): 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
Everyone has stories when they finally make it!

Even Davido sang 'back when I was broke yo'

:-s

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by youngice(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
how I got my first blackberry

Papa dash me
How I got my second blackberry

Uncle dashed me

How I got my first android

Mama dash me

How I got my second android

Hustling things wink

How I got my first iPhone
On a lowkey

How do you feel after reading my meaningless post?
Yes
That's how I feel on Nairaland these days

31 Likes

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Chimaritoponcho: 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
he is indirectly saying that they bursted his nyash and dash him blackberry

2 Likes

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by UIA04(f): 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
I really like this guy. Good for him

Our hustle must pay

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by frankkingston(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2016

7 Likes

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Olateef(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
Nice one
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by leobrownish(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
The lesson is hustle must pay!!!
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by cezarman(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hmm..I Don't Even Know What To Type Sef.
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by floragregs(f): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
Started from the bottom, now he's here! Where sef undecided
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Orikinla(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
That's the #GidiBlues.
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Temmytea70(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
And the madness started growing
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by mohciz69(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
n after that your craze graduated

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by kenben: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
Has Derenle broken through?.... When.... How??
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by passionate88: 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
Gaybriel

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Nephdaniels(m): 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
This is lovely to see, quite inspirational really.Not totally something ripped off a denrele page,but I have to say,it is motivational.
Kudos,may ur hustle keep paying. May they never bring you down.

2 Likes

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Redlabel: 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
Do not forget the days of your humble beginning
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by chinoify: 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Joyce28(f): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
Good
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Nephdaniels(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
cruzita:

boil gala?
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Poseidon000: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
chimah3:
Everyone has stories when they finally make it!

Even Davido sang 'back when I was broke yo'

:-s
[size=13pt]
Lol..gringrin

Davido own no enter atall. Billionaire son fa! grin
[/size]
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by Swazzkid(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
nice... anyways dat guy is extremely funny.....more grace to your elbow
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by datopaper(m): 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
Talk on nairaland
Re: Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone by gbaskiboy: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hustle must pay sha. First this dude go make sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akon Signs Samklef To His KonLive Music Label / Nigeria Comedian And Nollywood Actor Caught In The Act / Mercy Johnson Endorses President Jonathan,Says He Deserves A Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.