Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan (7535 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Fayose Reacts To Trump's Victory: "Obama Got What He Did To Jonathan'' / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by chairo: 12:45am On Jun 11, 2016
[i][/i]There embarassed are indications on Friday, June 11, 2016 that about 200 military officers may have been sacked by the federal government through text messages (SMS) over their alleged loyalty to former President Goodluck Jonathan during the 2015 general elections.

They affected officers were said to have been carefully selected for backing Jonathan during the last 2015 general election.

Further checks in the military establishment in Abuja, also hinted that military officers who were believed to be loyal to the former national security adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki were also affected in the mass sacking.

The list showed that they were mainly from the South East, South South and a small percentage of them were from the North Central region of the country.

The development which is already causing some ripples in the military, according to political analysts, could cost the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration public goodwill.

A source said, “It is being seen as an act of ethnic card to checkmate those officers who were seen as posing danger to the Federal Government and it was resolved in the Presidency that they should be weeded out.”

But the concern as some observers also said was the implication of the sack on the psyche of the military institution and the public which was felt capable of truncating the nation’s democracy as the “systematic sacking “ of over 200 top military officers mainly from the southern part of the country was a decision difficult to defend by the federal government.

“The affected officers were sent text messages relieving them of their jobs and they were directed to pick their sack letters at specific locations without any reason given for terminating their appointments,” said a source in the Presidency which pleaded anonymity.

According to the source, the move allegedly masterminded by “some hawks“ in the presidency was aimed at weeding out all officers who were perceived to be loyal to the last regime and deemed to have played one role or the other favourable to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan in the last presidential election.

“The game plan is to remove all vestiges of the old regime, particularly those officers considered to be too intelligent and smart to challenge the status quo.

“Buhari is weary of being toppled a second time, given his ugly past experience. But unknown to him, this latest move of indiscriminate sacking of senior and middle level officers has divided the military and created rumblings in some quarters”, the source stated.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/fg-sacks-200-military-officers
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 11, 2016
Soldiers are never sacked; they are either retired or dismissed....When an item of news has an omniscient source, the news certainly lacks a modicum of truth.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by cold(m): 12:59am On Jun 11, 2016
Until i read from a credible source, i reserve my comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Tapout(m): 1:00am On Jun 11, 2016
the fear of coup is the beginning of wisdom. grin

Besides , since when did they start sacking soldiers because of loyalty issues

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by CHIJIOKE1314: 1:05am On Jun 11, 2016
If this news is true then nothing would save this country anymore.. Bet it!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Rose2014: 1:07am On Jun 11, 2016
chairo:

The list showed that they were mainly from the South East, South South and a small percentage of them were from the North Central region of the country.

And someone will come n blame the 5% for fighting for their God given right

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by CHIJIOKE1314: 1:10am On Jun 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
Soldiers are never sacked; they are retired or dismissed....When an item of news has an omniscient source, the news certainly lacks a modicum of truth.

You may be right, but that may not apply to this govt..

Buhari has broken every single rule, crossed every limits even before now.. So it's still possible for him to surprise you with even worse things than this..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by knightsTempler: 1:12am On Jun 11, 2016
If this info is true, then I'm sorry to say that Nigeria is finished as a united federation.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by absolutism: 1:27am On Jun 11, 2016
Very much in alignment with our checklist

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Stolen: 1:31am On Jun 11, 2016
LOOPSIDED MILITARY IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND UNREPRESENTATIVE.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by aresa: 1:35am On Jun 11, 2016
lol @ ipob blog site fabricated trash..

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Sall(m): 1:38am On Jun 11, 2016
Am very sure they are as corrupt as there pay master.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by emorse(m): 1:41am On Jun 11, 2016
LOL @ OP and his blind followers. Soldiers ROYAL to Johnathan indeed. Nwanne, TLY(try) another RIE(lie) biko. This one no just follow at all!!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by tinkinjow: 1:47am On Jun 11, 2016
I hope not.
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by emerich(m): 1:52am On Jun 11, 2016
Someone should pls confirm and verify this report.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Nature8(m): 2:01am On Jun 11, 2016
Hmm..
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by bestads(m): 2:19am On Jun 11, 2016
On a serious note
Today, I want to take time and thank God for making Buhari the president of this country.

At first, I did not understand why God allowed it to happen. But now I know and I have seen the benefit.
This is how I understand the benefit.
Had it been Buhari did not become president:

1. We will think that by now fuel will be N45 per litre.
2. We will think that by now N1 will be equal to $1.
3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created.
4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving N5,000 stipends.
5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school.
6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public.
7. We will think that by now 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state) would have been created.
8. We will think that by now there would be permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia.
9. We will think that by now the government would have started creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter.
10. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free...LONG LIVE NIGERIA

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Nobody: 2:39am On Jun 11, 2016
[s]
bestads:
On a serious note
Today, I want to take time and thank God for making Buhari the president of this country.

At first, I did not understand why God allowed it to happen. But now I know and I have seen the benefit.
This is how I understand the benefit.
Had it been Buhari did not become president:

1. We will think that by now fuel will be N45 per litre.
2. We will think that by now N1 will be equal to $1.
3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created.
4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving N5,000 stipends.
5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school.
6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public.
7. We will think that by now 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state) would have been created.
8. We will think that by now there would be permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia.
9. We will think that by now the government would have started creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter.
10. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free...LONG LIVE NIGERIA
[/s]

Get over GEJ's defeat and wake up from your slumber of bitterness. Biafra will never come no matter how you rant

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by matrix199(m): 4:20am On Jun 11, 2016
Friday, "11th" of June 2016?

8 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by olaolaking: 4:25am On Jun 11, 2016
matrix199:
Friday, "11th" of June 2016?

Funny enough, some gullibles jump at the garbage.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 11, 2016
emorse:
LOL @ OP and his blind followers. Soldiers ROYAL to Johnathan indeed. Nwanne, TLY(try) another RIE(lie) biko. This one no just follow at all!!
exactly!

As I saw the headline where the OP wrote Royal instead of Loyal, I just knew the write up, in its entity, is the handwork of a wailing iPod Zombie who has difficulties pronouncing L and R as it is common with them.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Adeoba10(m): 4:45am On Jun 11, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
If this news is true then nothing would save this country anymore.. Bet it!
I can't believe u typed dat....
How can they sack a military officer n again, u guys should check d date. Friday is 10th n not 11... So to hell with dat op

13 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Adeoba10(m): 4:46am On Jun 11, 2016
Rose2014:

And someone will come n blame the 5% for fighting for their God given right
Haba.... Use ur brain n not ur private part to think....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by bender79: 4:48am On Jun 11, 2016
OP is it 'royal' or 'loyal' ? Na wah for you o!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by cjrane: 4:49am On Jun 11, 2016
It's okay.
Let Buhari keep destroying Nigeria.
Nothing will be left by the time he realized bigotry in a multi-ethnic state is counter productive.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by arewafederation: 4:54am On Jun 11, 2016
bender79:
OP is it 'royal' or 'loyal' ? Na wah for you o!

That tells you it was written by a BiafLan...

12 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by blazetitov: 4:57am On Jun 11, 2016
Op is high on Oshogbo weed. Senseless post .

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by kettykin: 4:59am On Jun 11, 2016
irunooboo:
[s][/s]

Get over GEJ's defeat and wake up from your slumber of bitterness. Biafra will never come no matter how you rant

Your problem is that of hypocritical confusion and indecision ,why are you behaving as if biafra will not help you solve the problem of igbo migration to lagos and the problem of lagos being a no man's land.

May God help nigeria from the spirit of hypocrisy.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by segalex: 5:03am On Jun 11, 2016
No single name of the people who were sacked? How does one now confirm the veracity of this claim, moreover the writer doesn't really know how the military operates, because if he does he won't have written this rubbish.
We really have to be careful the type of news we put out there, may God help us all

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 11, 2016
kettykin:

Your problem is that of hypocritical confusion and indecision ,why are you behaving as if biafra will not help you solve the problem of igbo migration to lagos and the problem of lagos being a no man's land.

May God help nigeria from the spirit of hypocrisy.
LAGOS cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by Progressive01(m): 5:35am On Jun 11, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
exactly!

As I saw the headline where the OP wrote Royal instead of Loyal, I just knew the write up, in its entity, is the handwork of a wailing iPod Zombie who has difficulties pronouncing L and R as it is common with them.
Lol. In addition, 11th of june is friday to the "Rost" Children of Uganda working at trentonline!! cheesycheesy

They are so dull upstairs they haven't any idea how to place dates. grin

12 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 5:36am On Jun 11, 2016
Sensible post for a change , most people just can't think , they rush to comment and conclude

Really good post here
bejeiodus:
Soldiers are never sacked; they are either retired or dismissed....When an item of news has an omniscient source, the news certainly lacks a modicum of truth.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos / Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.