Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:28 PM

Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day (41140 Views)

Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by JBismarck(m): 9:17am On Jun 11, 2016
ayindejimmy:
WEST side the BEST side!

And EAST side the BEAST side.

Make nobody come quote me o, I just complete a sentence ni. Ehen.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bethelwealthy(m): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2016
........where are d IPOB & Fulani haters again? .......in d toilet, having "run-ning" stomaches (Bad Belle) grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2016
Y'all need to stop calling out them quadrangle-heads on threads like this , it's not necessary

Dem go block the whole thread with their heads and stain it with red mud

And y'all know we yorubas are allergic to that

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by seunny4lif(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2016
grin
His visit will boast their moral gringrin
SirShymexx:

Lol. I know you're gassed with the Yoruba day declaration. If you know NY, you would know that you don't a lousy ceremonial day for a lot of them to align with Yoruba, hence it has always been the Mecca of black consciousness in America lol.

A lot of conscious black New Yorkers already align with Yoruba and they worship Yoruba gods and have Yoruba names. There's a massive Afrocentric community in New York and poor righteous teachers who know more about Yoruba history than you'll ever know and they already align with it. So his visit isn't going to add anything to that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by MoneyGreen(m): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2016
What of the Igwe of Igbo lands? This is marginalisation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 11, 2016
Omo yoruba ni mi oh swaga

Mah Igbo brothers aint gon like this,let's say its obi of onitsha they would av flood this thread

6 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by 0615inc(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2016
Yoruba and swag

4 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by MrGerald(m): 9:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Fake news everywhere
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by demolinka(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2016
The ever progressive Oba, you are carried! Times have changed, no more sitting in a beautiful, big palace, forming 'oba'. Other trado leaders need to emulate this man. Go around, bring investments for ur people, stop waiting for government intervention always, change the paradigm with ur position of authority for goodness sake! God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by skywalker001(m): 9:57am On Jun 11, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
Many Nigerians in North America are hypocritical arrogant people whom consider their culture superior to the western world...It's not because if it were, That sub Saharan territory wouldn't be a third world country...I couldn't give a farts fvck about some man wearing gay looking clothes but I am sure my dad would buy a first class ticket to go frolick his ass...SAD
Haters evrywie... Na good news dy mak dem sad and wil b vry api wen it coms to bad news

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by DIVINE78: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2016
I love the Yorubas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by oluwafemi113(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2016
wickyyolo:
they think Obama dont have better things to do

Here is one of them grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 11, 2016
MrGerald:
Fake news everywhere
e pain am,no worry they would declare igbo day to celebrate obi of onitsha in malasyia but una dn use drug spoil una reputation there

12 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by SirShymexx: 10:11am On Jun 11, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin
His visit will boast their moral gringrin

Lol. Each to their own but not everything is worth celebrating. The man stays acting like an owanbe King, when he's actually the custodian of the gods and tradition as the Ooni of Ife.

Who travels to project culture by visiting UN, and other inconsequential political nonsense? Oyo which is even more political doesn't get involved in what this one gets involved and when he visited the Americas, he went to Bahia where there's a huge Yoruba diaspora and Oyotunji in the US, which is actually a Yoruba village. He didn't turn to Jaffe Joffer like this guy lol.

He has to be the most lousy King in history. I won't be surprised if I were to see him visit Jay Z in his office and throw up the Roc sign lol.

2 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by seunny4lif(m): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2016
grin
SirShymexx:

Lol. Each to their own but not everything is worth celebrating. The man stays acting like an owanbe King, when he's actually the custodian of the gods and tradition as the Ooni of Ife.

Who travels to project culture by visiting UN, and other inconsequential political nonsense? Oyo which is even more political doesn't get involved in what this one gets involved and when he visited the Americas, he went to Bahia where there's a huge Yoruba diaspora and Oyotunji in the US, which is actually a Yoruba village. He didn't turn to Jaffe Joffer like this guy lol.

He has to be the most lousy King in history. I won't be surprised if I were to see him visit Jay Z in his office and throw up the Roc sign lol.
grin grin grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by freetongue(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2016
Correct...... Atleast, Nigerians there will make extra money by selling souvenirs on those occasions.. Kabiyesi o.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by 5thcolm(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2016
I SUGGEST THIS TOPIC B CLOSED NOW. N B RECOGNIZD AS D TOPIC DAT TOTALLY GOT OTHER TRIBES THINKING

Just two wailer after 3 pages

Dis indeed is a knockout

3 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2016
Cyberfire:
Na we ooo.. My yeeboo brothers won't like this. .

and why won't we like it? Why do you like creating irrelevant rivalry btw Igbos and Yorubas, it is very unnecessary. I'm igbo and this news gladdens my heart, that our culture is being exported and celebrated, it doesn't matter if it's igbo culture or not, it's African culture, it's Nigerian culture and I am African and Nigerian, we are all connected, so pls stop the unnecessary rivalry.

6 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2016
Victorvexz:
Yoruba loves their culture, because they have origin. The Ipob thugs don't have. They have no history or origin. They basically don't know where they came from, that is why they always claim to be Jews, because they don't know who they are, they just trying to identify with another race, lol, no wonder they don't respect their elders. Even their kings are government appointed, instead if hereditary, go to every street in their red mud republic, that is why they have to respect
This comment is very unnecessary and idio.tic. FYI, you can celebrate your achievements without bringing others down. I know you are not aware of this so I'm letting you know.

2 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2016
isan:
I dey here gallant ready to pounce on any flat head from the red mud that want to derail this thread cool

but it's yorubas that are derailing the thread, cant you see that?
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by lekan29ice(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2016
demydea:
Watch how our brothers over the Niger bridge take cover & avoid this thread like plague
Hhahahahahha... u dey look for trouble
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Cyberfire(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2016
uzolexis:

and why won't we like it? Why do you like creating irrelevant rivalry btw Igbos and Yorubas, it is very unnecessary. I'm igbo and this news gladdens my heart, that our culture is being exported and celebrated, it doesn't matter if it's igbo culture or not, it's African culture, it's Nigerian culture and I am African and Nigerian, we are all connected, so pls stop the unnecessary rivalry.
Was just being sarcastic
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by MrGerald(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2016
fuckDmod:
e pain am,no worry they would declare igbo day to celebrate obi of onitsha in malasyia but una dn use drug spoil una reputation there
you you want to be relevant just like Igbo day is celebrated worldwide, not possible WIC is doing a good work and respected globally
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 11:03am On Jun 11, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have been waiting here with my bottle of coca-cola for long, but no Chukudi yet on d thread. Let d red mud region bring it on nah, where are they hiding... I am here energetic to dish them what they deserve...

why are you brewing a fight where there is none? it's yorubas like you that are fueling hate on this thread. Like you rightly said, Igbos are not on this thread, but look through it and you would see your fellow yorubas calling us out. This thread is about how yoruba culture is spreading which is a good thing, can't you just celebrate it in peace

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2016
chachanga:

Dat Ooni Guy dey gallant & progressive wella, almost like Bruce Wayne. I doubt if hin no go dey form Batman by night too.

Wey all the tribalist Yoruba-hating mofos now?! And the "we-dunt-know-Oduduwa" memory-loss stunters?!

I just hate wen pple go all anal and tribalistic over every little thing.

but who is the tribalistic person now pls look in the mirror lipsrsealed
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2016
Cyberfire:
Was just being sarcastic

Well, this is kind of a very sensitive issue in Nigeria and we shouldn't joke with it.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2016
This thread is full of tribalistic yorubas who think that an acheivement for them must necessarily be a failure for someone else. So far, I have hardly seen any other tribe bashing them instead the reverse is the case.
This is a good thing for yorubas and Nigeria as well, that our culture is being exported and appreciated, celebrate it in peace and stop stirring up unnecessary rivalry.

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by notoriousbabe: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2016
With this news I wonder how ushena Okeshoekwu shoekudi sheoma shejoke and sheamaka will be feeling now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by czaratwork: 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2016
End time tins loading. illuminati connections.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by czaratwork: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
The new world order. Dont wonder the connection. Just put your house in order because He is coming very soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fatima Abubakar, Sultan's Daughter Graduates From U.K University / Ooni Reacts To Fire At Palace Of Oba Of Lagos / Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.