Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States (21642 Views)

Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 / Magu: Senate Plans Fresh Showdown With Presidency / FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by Ofunaofu: 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
The Federal Government, Saturday, said it is finalizing a conditional Budget Support Facility to provide financial relief to State Governments based on the states meeting a set of stringent fiscal conditions.

The Finance Ministry, in a statement in Abuja, said the facility is aimed at providing support to the states to help them overcome their financial challenges.

The Ministry of Finance said the states would only be able to access the facility if they meet a stringent 22-point reform agenda called the Fiscal Sustainability Plan (FSP), that was approved by state governments, the National Executive Council, last month.

According to the Finance Ministry, the FSP encompasses a framework of reform measures including the requirement for the states to publish audited financial statements and budgets, biometric and Bank Verification Number (BVN) payroll review exercises to sanitise payroll costs, as well as limits on recurrent expenditure levels.

Other reforms, the Ministry said, will require states to set and meet targets to enhance Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), the establishment of Efficiency Units to reduce overhead costs, privatisation of State Owned Enterprises, domestication of the Fiscal Responsibility Act and limitations on securing further bank loans.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/650621/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by modath(f): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
This is beyond funny... how long will we continue on this road to nowhereville?

They should kuku appoint administrators for the states!! Uhhm! smiley

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by kettykin: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
So much issues with Nigeria's unviable states

4 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by FuckTheM0ds(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
There is still hope for this country. I love FG even though their promises are being delayed i still trust on them. I remain optimistic. Fvck the Pessimists

36 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
Abeg don't give Fayose anything.. That loudmouth tout.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by FuckTheM0ds(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
-
MoneyGreen:
The pessimist are the 5%ers.. The Wailers of the Wailing Wall.
-- yeah nice alliteration The IPOB States, Massob States and all Bia'Fraud entities from the south east

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
There is still hope for this country.
I love FG even though their promises are being delayed i still trust on them.
I remain optimistic.
Fvck the Pessimists
The pessimist are the 5%ers.. The Wailers of the Wailing Wall.

8 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
--- yeah. The IPOB States, Massob States and all Bia'Fraud entities from the south east
awon eyan Benjamin Netanyanhu grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by modath(f): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:

Abeg nor kill person, cheesy cheesy

The scene of the other bloodbath still full of severed limbs, crushed skulls and knocked out teeth, e yaff do!!

7 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by FuckTheM0ds(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
koyemi o Kilode?

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
modath:

Abeg nor kill person, cheesy cheesy

The scene of the other bloodbath still full of severed limbs, crushed skulls and knocked out teeth, e yaff do!!
ok I don ear.. No more bloodshed.. smiley
Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
koyemi o Kilode?
awon lost sheep/goats of yisreal niyen..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by SuperS1Panther: 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
Till when will this continue for?

We need to restructure the country along regional lines asap. Regions will be able to harness their resources, muster their strengths and complement their weakness, for them to build a strong and sustainable regional economy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by mrvitalis(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
Did Jonathan ever do anything like this??
After some fools Will say the government is not trying

22 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by doctokwus: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rubbish.
What sanctions were applied to those that mismanaged or diverted the original bailout?Noting!
In saner climes,not this stone aged one,chief executives that mismanage bailouts are booted out,imprisoned and new ones installed

5 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by SuperS1Panther: 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:

This is a better name than the Jews.

10 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by FuckTheM0ds(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
awon lost sheep/goats of yisreal niyen..
lol real lost sheep. The Shepherd is calling for the prodigal children (the south easterners) to return back to the "One Family"

3 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by TheFreeOne: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
Majority of the states have become insolvent.
In another word Dem don cast.

But how long can the FG afford to keep bailing them out whilst it pursues military option on the ND crisis

5 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by Realdeals(m): 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Governors are like small god, they need to be tame..

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by MoneyGreen(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
lol real lost sheep. The Shepherd is calling for the prodigal children (the south easterners) to return back to the "One Family"
I wish they can return back to where they came from.. But they've been outcasted long ago.. But me come dey wonder how flat head tek relate to full-beard Jew. You sure say no be Uganda dem come from?

9 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by CAPSLOCKED: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
that's because of the high rate of illiteracy in nigeria.
Or are they blind viewers that cant see the link called "REPLY"

SIR IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THAT. ..

THEY'RE PROBABLY TOO REASONABLE,

TO NOT WANNA COMMENT JUNK ON EVERY THREAD JUST LIKE YOU,

INSTEAD OF PASSING BY WHENEVER THERE'S NOTHING REASONABLE TO CONTRIBUTE. smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by KINGwax007(m): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
Wailers be like: grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
For how long will the federal government continue to breastfeed state governments? Fiscal federalism will wean every state off the chest of the federal government. This is the only way to guard against a reoccurrence of the financial paralysis being experienced by most states.

6 Likes

Re: FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States by KINGwax007(m): 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
When will this breastfeeding system come to an end?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Files Fresh Charges Against Fani-kayode / Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid / Saraki And Dogara: In Terms Of Patriotism, I Rate Them Very Very Low-Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.