Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Should I Go To Medical School In Nigeria Or Go To The US Without Plan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Go To Medical School In Nigeria Or Go To The US Without Plan (612 Views)

C&S Primary 6 Pupil Killed By BRT Bus On His Way To School In Ikorodu / How To Get Admission To Medical School In Germany / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Go To Medical School In Nigeria Or Go To The US Without Plan by spartacusdove(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
Good day my good people

I am a 25 year old guy, a BSc holder and currently working here in Nigeria (earning 60k). I've always had passion for the medical profession and it was my first choice but I had to settle for a medical science course.
I obtained a DE form to apply for MBBS this year using my BSc , and I'm quite sure I'll get in. That was my primary target, until a relative from USA sent me an invitation and I'll be going to obtain my visa soon. I may get the visa too.
The dilemma now is should I just leave my dream of becoming a medical doctor and go to the USA without any plan whatsoever of what I'd do there or should I go ahead with my medical dream and differ the USA dream for now.

NB: The visa issue came a bit too sudden and I knw how expensive it is to go to medical school in the US. If I'm to do my master instead of going to medical school, what chance do I have of getting a job there?

Please I need ur help.... both the encouraging ones and the criticisms will help. thanks in advance
Re: Should I Go To Medical School In Nigeria Or Go To The US Without Plan by HungerBAD: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
Invitation?

So this means you are coming on an invitation letter,and not with the immigrant Visa.

So,we don't WASTE our time advising you for nothing. First,get your Visa and then come seek this advice.

With the US Embassy,no Visa is guaranteed.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Munich To Paris On The Road (live) / Nigeria-introduces-online-border-monitoring / Are There Nairalanders In Neitherlands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.