Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) (37668 Views)

CRACKED- A Poem By Opeyemi / Secrets And Scandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nmaglit: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
Talius:

Thank you bro. Happy you're into it.

First of all am a she n secondly am r here to support

Am ur no 1 fan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Slimzy2k16(f): 5:18am On Jul 05, 2016
This is lovely. ......keep it up wink[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 6:29am On Jul 05, 2016
Nmaglit:

First of all am a she n secondly am r here to support
Am ur no 1 fan
My bad (sorry for the error). Thanks for believing in 'We' (Me, Myself, and I).

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nmaglit: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2016
Talius:

My bad (sorry for the error). Thanks for believing in 'We' (Me, Myself, and I).

U r welcome bro {hope am not wrong}

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2016
E15

It was a gloom morning. Darkness filled the atmosphere inside Akin chambers as though it wanted to rain, despair had taken its toll on the citizens here - They hoped the Patrick-led team would restore their hopes for a brighter future, if anyone could do it, it would be Patrick because of his undiluted love for the firm.

"Your bag's fully packed for the trial Andrew" Agnes said to her boss. He had a reason to smile amidst the gloomy day, Agnes called him by his first name, in her defense she claimed it was because the world as they knew it could come to an end today, and she wasn't going to regret never doing that. Andrew wanted to talk, he had a lot of nice things to say to glorify his wonderful friend and secretary, but Beatrice's presence made him reserve his praises for later. Agnes gave them audience.

Beatrice wanted to wish him luck, "I know that our relationship hasn't been so smooth, but I still love you. You need to win this case, if not for me for yourself and for Anna," Her emotions wanted to play on her reasoning and she immediately turned to the door to leave.

"Beatrice!" Andrew's call stopped her on her track, he walked up and kissed her, clinging his strong palms on both her swing-arms and kissed her again this time had more depth than the first, "I'm certain I'll win it for us." He let go.

"Mark!"

Anna called out with her soothing voice as she saw him walk by her floor. She ran after him, like a puppet caught in the strong web of infactuation. He didn't want to talk to her, he tried to hide his failing emotions from her but she was having none of it, "I'm here for you," she said to him. Her soothing words let him talk to her, he opened up and spoke from his heart, he lost a tear. She offered her shoulder for him to sob, even though she looked confused.

"You can't tell Mr. Akin that you know about his son's dubious dealings" Beatrice intercepted Mr. Sanni and Patrick on their way to see the interim CEO about what they found concerning his son before they go to the court.

"Why?" they both chorused.

"Because he already knows," She replied. They inquired the authenticity of her information, she narrated her sources and even implicated Andrew to say that he was hiding something very important related to the case. The trio stared at each other, they didn't know what exactly to expect in court today, especially with Mr. Huey still on their leash.

*** At the court ***

"Let me see it" The Judge ordered. He flipped through the pages of the new evidence Huey just handed over with blank stares.

"Officers!" The Judge called out the two lanky prison wardens to duty, along with the almost-fit police officer standing close to the jury, they all stood at attention, awaiting His Lordship's order.

"Take Mr. Mark of Akin Chambers into custody"

The audience reacted, the media and paparazzi stood on alert, members of Akin chambers stared mouth-opened at the Judge perhaps he made a mistake.

"Mark Akin, you are hereby charged with fraud and embezzlement of appropriated funds. You have the right to an attorney, and if you cannot provide one, the Federal Government of Nigeria will get one for you," The police officer read him his right as he cuffed him, the prison wardens joined to move him away.

Mark and his father exchanged quick cold stares as he was been whisked away - Actions spoke far louder than any word could at that moment. Anna followed after the officers transporting him.

"Order! Order!" The court clerk desperately tried to return sanity to the court room. His Lordship resisted the momentary delay, he had more important things to say,

"In order to set things right, and avoid a respectable law firm such as Akin chambers from being involved in something like this again: The court names as suggested by the prosecution - Mr. Andrew Brown - the interim CEO of Akin chambers for the time being,"

In addition, Mr. Akin was barred from entering the premises of Akin chambers and from any direct contact with the firm until he was cleared of any knowledge of his son's fraudulent activity by the prosecution.

"Court!" The Clerk announced. Andrew fixed his eye momentarily on the clerk, he felt he was the fattest clerk he had seen in his entire career.

Huey walked up to where Mr. Akin was and sat by his side. He handed over two pictures to him, "The first one's my mother. Guess who the second is,"

"What?" Mr. Akin asked with disgust.

"That's you and I, ten years ago at State High Court Moshalashi ten years ago," Huey noticed as Akin's face lit with confusion, it made him happy, "I promised you ten years ago that I'll cause you pain just as you caused me, and that's exactly what I've done now, fulfilled my promise.

"Who are you?" Mr. Akin wondered and asked.

Huey murmured a little, before speaking, "Alabi Felicia, Alabi Moses Jnr," He repeated both names for about five second, and stopped when he felt the names had resuscitated a memory in Akin's mind, he walked away to give Akin time to grief over his predicament.

Andrew walked outside to have his first clean breath as a CEO. He looked around, and queried himself as to why he wasn't seeing the world differently yet, through the same eyes other CEOs use to perceive the world in another light.

His self thoughts were interrupted by his ringing phone.

"Hello my darling" the voice from the other end said.

"Mother!" Andrew exclaimed with mixed feelings.

They both exchanged banters over not speaking for a while. They finally settled to be elated over the call.

"A little birdy just told me you've completed the mission"

"Yes Mother. I came out victorious about thirty minutes ago"

"Wonderful. Though I wonder why you didn't call me immediately you succeeded, but not to worry, mama will be in Nigeria soon" she exclaimed.

"That'll be wonderful mother. I look forward to seeing you"

The call ended. Andrew turned, and came face to face with Anna.

"Hi!"

"Hi."

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2016
Nmaglit:

U r welcome bro {hope am not wrong}

No, you're not. smiley
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2016
Special Announcement

Appreciation to those who've been with this train since it left the train station sometime last month till this moment, I appreciate YOU all. wink

Cracked Sources season one has one episode left to go. embarassed

But not to worry, season two will begin soonest, grin , very soon.

I appreciate YOU once again for tuning in regularly. God bless.

Let me hear what you think - I'm not allergic to comments, questions, and mentions. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by kikayboss(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2016
talius sha be fast with it ooo...abeg....can't wait

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by nigelcoop: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
I hope nobody steals ur story and put into screen oo, cos dis our naija film pple can tiff well well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by ghostwritter(m): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
all I've got to say is kudos, so captivating. God bless u.... just be wary of our nollywood, they xan thief for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
nigelcoop:
I hope nobody steals ur story and put into screen oo, cos dis our naija film pple can tiff well well

ghostwritter:
all I've got to say is kudos, so captivating. God bless u.... just be wary of our nollywood, they xan thief for Africa.

My guys, thanks for your concerns. I dey sure say dem go dey fear una two comments like so to even think of trying any rubbish

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by cutediva87(f): 7:23am On Jul 07, 2016
nice story, keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2016
cutediva87:
nice story, keep it coming.

Thanks dear. Welcome.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2016
Book finale

E16

"How can I help you Anna?" He asked the second time.

The way he spoke gave her guilty pleasure, she couldn't help her digression.

"Anna. Speak." He called her to order.

She held herself to order and began the reason why she came to him, to plead his indulgence in seeing that Mark got released from custody as soon as possible, she used the famous bait line, "If you ever loved me, you'll do this for me," Andrew feigned a smile to ease the tear build her in her voice.

"Is that all?" He asked. She nodded and said, "Yes," He could still feel the tear in her voice, it hurt him to feel her pain, he wanted to wave his hand and take away all her sorrows, pains and troubles, but he couldn't because he was human just like her, and they must feel as long as they were alive.

"OK. I promise to do all within my power to reunite you with the man that stole you from me. I promise to wipe your tears away, even if it means losing you further to another man. All these because I love you Anna," His own voice began to loose its confidence.

His words caused tears to trickle down her cheeks, she wiped them off, they were a product of her raging hormones. "It's a pity I don't love you again Andrew," She dropped him a bomb, and walked away..

As Andrew entered the firm, loud applauses greeted his every step. Both those who sincerely loved the idea of a young and more competent man such as Andrew on the throne as CEO, and those who could only think about how much back door alliances and plotting he had to make to get here. Not withstanding, they all had one thing in coming - they all were giving him a standing ovation, He was the main of the moment.

"I wonder how long you've been planning this,". Mr. Sanni moved to congratulate him in hi is new office, he acknowledged Andrew was too good and stealthy, Andrew feigned ignorance to what he said, and blamed luck for his new position. Sanni laughed, he had more things to say, "Yes. Your lucky day. I only came to do what I do best, offer advise and foresight. I hope you've thought about how to win the major battle ahead with the Directors. Now that Akin is out of the way, everyone of them will be out, openly desperate for your throne."

Andrew climbed his desk, and spread out his hands like the Romans he normally watched on TV and bodily declared, "Let them come, I see no reason why I cannot outsmart everyone of them,"

Andrew stressed his point to include Mr. Sanni should he ever feel the need to challenge him. Sanni pledged his allegiance to the growth of the firm as he had always done to Akin. They came to an agreement, a center for their reasonings.

Mr. Akin walked in, after been kept waiting by Agnes all the while Mr. Sanni was inside.

"You need to do away with that old later secretary, if you want to excel as a reputable lawyer"

"Agnes is perfect for a CEO," Andrew quickly replied, no one spoke ill of Agnes around him,

"I'd never employ her," Mr. Akin shrugged.

Andrew smiled sheepishly - His actions spoke all his words for him.

"We need to save Mark. You're the CEO, you can make it easier, reinstate me as a member of the board of trustees, and that way, my son has a better chance of surety from me, later we can talk about how to hand over power fully back to my ...,"

"No" Andrew cut him. Akin didn't really get what that was so he asked him to repeat his sentence, "I said NO," Andrew maintained his stance, pretense was over.

Mr. Akin gave a surprised look.

"You can't come in here dishing commands like you own the place. For Christ's sake, I'm the bloody CEO," Andrew stood up to declare, almost in the same manner as he had declared himself champion to Mr. Sanni.

"Young man, I own the place," Akin found his words just in time, but they were no much for an Andrew prepared to fight the hand that fed him, "Not anymore old man. Look around you, change has come," Andrew helped him look round the office.

Mr. Akin stopped him from talking further - He punched him hard on the nose, "How dare you? How dare you?" He kept repeating, he shook Andrew violently and punched him some more while he stated the many things he had contributed into his life, before Agnes showed with with security officers to carry him out disgracefully.

"I'm so sorry Boss," Agnes applied first aid to his swollen nose.

"Is Boss my latest title now?" Andrew joked, referencing their discussion earlier in the day. He wanted to thank her, to appreciate her for her unwaivering support and loyalty. He did some, the ones he forgot he promised to do regularly, as often as he remembered.

She was done cleaning him up, she dropped a letter from Patrick, and walked out to sanitize herself.

The letter read "Dear Andrew, you've surprised me to the deepest of my imaginations. You, CEO, I'd never have believed it if I was told but lo, I saw it happen with my own eyes. I want to pledge my total commitment to your leadership, especially in the aspect of punishing Mark and his entire family for their continuous fraudulent acts. As soon as I put my family in order, I'll return to your side to resume my duties with non wavering loyalty - Patrick"

Andrew smiled to himself. His mind went back in time, to the years when he was an insignificant young boy, with an insignificant father who used to beat him and his mother over slight provocations. As a well known village drunk and petty robber his father had a public reputation to uphold, and he showed him and his mother who was boss whenever they provoked him no matter how little. As at the time he died Andrew was happy, but now, he wished the man was alive to see the insignificant son who had made something of himself.

Patricia interrupted his reminiscing with her presence, "You look sore," She said.

"Yea. An angry fellow. I'll live," Andrew said with slight difficulty from the nose pain.

"Here's the recording of them both just as you asked."

"There's no more need for that, I'm assured of their loyalty, as long as I give them what they want,"

"What do they want?" She wandered seductively towards Andrew seated on the office couch.

"The same thing everyone wants - To feel relevant, to feel wanted" he said to her, and locked lips with her as she rested herself on his laps.

After a while he held back, and pulled her hair backward, tilting her head likewise.

"If anything whatsoever should ever happen to her, be assured you won't be spared,"

Parricia arose, and swiftly swerved her leg with an acrobatic move to pin Andrew down.

"What's so special about this Anna girl?" She asked.

Andrew pulled her leg away from his face, and dragged her closer to him, and said "She's pure and naive, those are my qualities in a lady" He dragged down her blouse to reveal her pumpkin sized breasts, and he began to feast on the large melons.

They had a pause again, this time she was the cause.

"I've located all the directors" She found her breath to say amidst his eating off her,

"That's good, we'll discuss them later," Andrew buried his head back, he continued to feast on the meal before him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
There you have it - The First Season of Cracked Sources.

The floor's open for comments, questions, and suggestions. I'd like to know what you all think about this tiny world I've created in my head.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
Talius:
There you have it - The First Season of Cracked Sources.

The floor's open for comments, questions, and suggestions. I'd like to know what you all think about this tiny world I've created in my head.
I think you're the bomb.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
VenusBetty:
I think you're the bomb.

smiley
Thank you dear.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
Interesting[url]Interesting[/url]Interesting

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Slimzy2k16(f): 2:06am On Jul 08, 2016
Game of throne

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 3:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Maggielovely:
Interesting[url]Interesting[/url]Interesting

smiley Thank you dear.

Slimzy2k16:
Game of throne

Your comparison made me LOL, but thanks all the same. I appreciate.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by cutediva87(f): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Slimzy2k16:
Game of throne
honestly. nice one talius.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
cutediva87:
honestly. nice one talius.

*Smiles* Thank you dear, I appreciate.

Whenever I think of GOT (which is my favourite TV series by the way), I'll think of my Cracked Sources.

Thank you.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by baxxx: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
gud job my brother

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nmaglit: 6:06am On Jul 10, 2016
I wonder d length pple will go just to acquire power

Well done talius kip up the good work

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by WebSurfer(m): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2016
Good job bro

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 10:15am On Jul 11, 2016
baxxx:
gud job my brother

Thank you my brother

Nmaglit:
I wonder d length pple will go just to acquire power

Well done talius kip up the good work

That's life my brother. Thanks a lot.

WebSurfer:
Good job bro

Thanks a lot bro!
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by rmfunky(f): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2016
Nice one you got there Talius keep it up.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
rmfunky:
Nice one you got there Talius keep it up.

Thank you dear, God bless you...
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2016
Good afternoon all,

I've been taking my time to edit this first phase of Cracked Sources and also meticulously get ready the second phase, I plead your indulgence to seat back and relax,

Cracked Sources is coming back with more scheming, sex, and scandals; and new characters, so stay tuned and anticipate.

#AnticipateCS

Meanwhile follow on twitter @taliusdike (I'm trying to make my tweet life better, don't laugh.)

Cheers!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
Good day friends. Special announcement.

I'm back. cool

Cracked Sources is going into the second phase of its storytelling - Book two is set to begin. smiley

There are some changes though as usually associated with a merchandise in its sophomore season; intriguing new characters, and a better form of story telling are amongst the many changes you'll notice while reading.

Meanwhile. I plead that you take your time to re-read the first book: I edited all the episodes and made noticeable changes in the story presentation here and there, those who read between the lines would easily realise this, know that the storyline and plot structure still remains the same, only the presentation changed (I am better mindful of my grammar now). I've tried to minimize errors in this second book by editing and re-editing as much as time permitted me, if there are still errors I would correct them in future as I did the first book. (Hopefully, this makes for a better read than the first book.)

So grab your seats and your drinks, enjoy yourself to a treatment of the awesomeness that is Cracked Sources book two.

Meanwhile, I'll post my proposed timetable for the release of the sixteen episodes book two immediately after this.

Cheers!!!

- Talius Dike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
Cracked Sources Book 2 posting schedule. Be aware!

E1 - Mon, 1 Aug (Morning)

E2 - Mon, 1 Aug (Evening)

E3 - Fri, 5 Aug (Morning)

E4 - Mon, 8 Aug (Morning)

E5 - Thurs, 11 Aug (Morning)

E6 - Sun, 14 Aug (Morning)

E7 - Wed, 17 Aug (Evening)

E8 - Sat, 20 Aug (Morning)

E9 - Mon, 22 Aug (Morning)

E10 - Thurs, 25 Aug (Evening)

E11 - Sun, 28 Aug (Morning)

E12 - Wed, 31 Aug (Evening)

E13 - Sat, 3 Sept (Morning)

E14 - Tues, 6 Sept (Morning)

E15 - Sun, 11 Sept (Evening)

E16 - Mon, 12 Sept (Evening) - Finale.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nmaglit: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
I love this update time table

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All That Glitters Are Not Gold / Beautiful Wings By Glowingscenes / James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.