Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Creating An Android Book Bank - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating An Android Book Bank (1453 Views)

Creating An Arrow Box Like Chat Application Using Css / Creating An Android And Ios Mobile App / Creating An Android App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating An Android Book Bank by ugnoble: 4:13am On Jun 12, 2016
Hello, can anyone possibly help me with ideas on how to create an offline android book bank? An Android app that will contain some pdf books in categories and probably some few audio files too. It'll be deposited into the clients phone on the process of installation. Thanks in advance.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by adenuga558(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2016
don't understand
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by ugnoble: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2016
adenuga558:
don't understand

I meant an application containing books for reading. An offline app, one you don't need internet connection after installation to read the books.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by favorassu: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=ugnoble post=46494645]Hello, can anyone possibly help me with ideas on how to create an offline android book bank? An Android app that will contain some pdf books in categories and probably some few audio files too. It'll be deposited into the clients phone on the process of installation. Thanks in advance. [/quote yes i will make 4 u an ecommerce app where u could upload all ur books for download and make it offline with HTML5 JUST EMAIL MIKELEE4REAL@GMAIL.COM 4 MORE TALK.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by olyjosh(m): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=favorassu post=46510859][/quote]

I wonder if u understand the spec. I think is good u understand what the op want before jumping into creating more problem over solutions. I'm afraid the op is not even talking about e-commerce yet.

@OP, are you a developer and you need ideas on how to implement such or you are looking good for a developer who can create such for you.

Please, explain more on what you want. Let people understand what you are asking for so they don't give you wrong solution that will cost you much without serving the actual purpose.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by ugnoble: 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
olyjosh:

I wonder if u understand the spec. I think is good u understand what the op want before jumping into creating more problem over solutions. I'm afraid the op is not even talking about e-commerce yet.

@OP, are you a developer and you need ideas on how to implement such or you are looking good for a developer who can create such for you.

Please, explain more on what you want. Let people understand what you are asking for so they don't give you wrong solution that will cost you much without serving the actual purpose.

Thanks for your response, am actually a Web Developer. I have no knowledge of android development but I wish to create an app(free) for a community which is a book bank where they can actually read selected books by categories in the app. I want it to be in such a way that they aren't required to be online to use the app.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by ugnoble: 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=favorassu post=46510859][/quote]
Actually I don't need an e-commerce site.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by olyjosh(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
ugnoble:

Actually I don't need an e-commerce site.

Real talk!

So what do you need and what mobile platform are targeting. I have worked on e-book you can read offline and even the one you need to make in app purchase on playstore before you can read , blackberry , and windows 8 store.
The fast ones on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunkanmivaughan.bizdir

Let people know what you want in detail. If you feel like mailing me [email]olyjoshone@gmail.com[/email]
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by ugnoble: 9:03am On Jun 13, 2016
olyjosh:

Real talk!

So what do you need and what mobile platform are targeting. I have worked on e-book you can read offline and even the one you need to make in app purchase on playstore before you can read , blackberry , and windows 8 store.
The fast ones on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunkanmivaughan.bizdir

Let people know what you want in detail. If you feel like mailing me [email]olyjoshone@gmail.com[/email]

What I need is to develop an app which has booked compiled with it so that the people downloading it wouldn't worry about internet connection to read the books listed in the app once they've downloaded the app because the app has books embedded inside of it. They'll have options to download more books, but at least, they'll have books to keep them busy once they download the app. Hope you understand what I mean.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by olyjosh(m): 11:16am On Jun 13, 2016
ugnoble:

What I need is to develop an app which has booked compiled with it so that the people downloading it wouldn't worry about internet connection to read the books listed in the app once they've downloaded the app because the app has books embedded inside of it. They'll have options to download more books, but at least, they'll have books to keep them busy once they download the app. Hope you understand what I mean.

This is possible. To be on a safer side, your apk size shouldn't exceed 50mb - which means you can add more resources but keep everything under 50mb. However, recent version of Android break this limit with the expansion apk approach that gives you upto 4gb more resource to be added.
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by ugnoble: 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Am glad you understood what I meant. But the problem is how to develop one. Any idea or resources you can help with?
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by olyjosh(m): 11:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
ugnoble:
Am glad you understood what I meant. But the problem is how to develop one. Any idea or resources you can help with?
What format are planning to use in rendering ur books. Html, epub, etc.
It's all about loading the resource into ram and display it on the ur renderer (Webview or epub viewer). Moreover consider making small files of ur books - chucking them in order not to use small memory.
I don't know of any specific ebook or reference. but for expansion apk files https://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html
Now it's 100mb on recent android versions
Re: Creating An Android Book Bank by ugnoble: 2:10am On Jun 14, 2016
olyjosh:

What format are planning to use in rendering ur books. Html, epub, etc.
It's all about loading the resource into ram and display it on the ur renderer (Webview or epub viewer). Moreover consider making small files of ur books - chucking them in order not to use small memory.
I don't know of any specific ebook or reference. but for expansion apk files https://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html
Now it's 100mb on recent android versions

The format would be pdf

(1) (Reply)

Developer Or Good Googler? Scott Hanselman / What's The Most In-demand Field Of Computer Science/programming? / Programming Software Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.