Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Boutique! What Does It Require? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Boutique! What Does It Require? (1085 Views)

The Easiest Online Business That Require Little Start Up Capital / Opening A Boutique In Nigeria / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boutique! What Does It Require? by pappy4real(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
pls can any well meaning person who has comprehensive idea in boutique buziness tell me the requirements for running one and the things i need to know about it generally. i also wish to know like how much an average sized boutique would cost as in start up capital. im looking at setting it up in my area oshodi-dopemu axis.
thanks
Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by dvonne(f): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2009
The First thing you need to determine is your Target market, e.g young women,
Then your target niche e.g Single and newly married upwardly mobile young women
Then thier Location where can they be found? ; e.g Oshodi (Ajao Estate)
When do they shop most ? e.g Breaktime 12-1pm or 24th - 30th salary week.
Are they trend oriented or Quality freaks or both?
Will it matter to your target market to shop in a comfortable place or rowdy?
How comfortable?
All the above questions and more will help you focus on your customers and they will in turn focus on you.
Of course if you need suppliers for your shop look no further than
www.yesidefashionstore.com
Contact Zainab on 08038158580
Kola on 017450417
care@yesidefashionstore.com

Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by dinggle: 3:17am On Aug 30, 2009
When are you looking to start ur Boutique? I will be coming with designers Jeans for guys, trainers, mocassins, XXL & XXXL designer packet shirts, killer 3/4 jeans (double wear) skirt ladies, perfumes, blink blink for guys and ladies from America come december for sale in Naija, if interested i could branch some out to you, the prices will be affordable except if the airline over bill me for my luggages.
Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by pappy4real(m): 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2009
im mainly interested in masculine wears and accesories. im also considering starting on a medium scale if not small. im also considering starting as soon as i've got the go ahead.thanks
Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by Hairat007(f): 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2009
pappy4real:

im mainly interested in masculine wears and accesories. im also considering starting on a medium scale if not small. im also considering starting as soon as i've got the go ahead.thanks

Adding ladies wears wnt do u any harm i suppose. it wld bring u more profit so i

suggest u do unisex. d responses u ve gotten re very good ones so start movin.

good luck. wink wink wink
Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by pappy4real(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2009
i guess it wont. but marketing to ladies cld be frustrating at times. they'll soon start to become unnecessarily friendly only cos they want to get something and they like buying credit. this wld ruin the biz shortly. if they realize ure making money from them, they start looking for a way to screw u. lagos babes are that bad. they'll screw any1 for anything.
Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by thithi(f): 3:53am On Sep 06, 2009
Survey the market
Find a reliable source of getting new products and what is not common in the market.
Target your audience/clients.
Price is right.
Get a great location, that is accessible, secured and well decorated/neat.
Have promos.
Network
Happy sales
Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by dvonne(f): 4:51am On Sep 06, 2009
pappy4real:

i guess it wont. but marketing to ladies cld be frustrating at times. they'll soon start to become unnecessarily friendly only cos they want to get something and they like buying credit. this wld ruin the biz shortly. if they realize ure making money from them, they start looking for a way to screw u. lagos babes are that bad. they'll screw any1 for anything.
Hey Bro
I think you just predicted the opposite of all you want to happen to your business.
As a young business owner,i can tell you as a FACT that your only JOB is to be positive and consciously use your thoughts and words to predict ONLY positivity about your business.
You can hire a super manager but the prediction part is for the business owner and its contagious,
I know you are only writing about your fears but most of the time you need not be afraid , that which you fear will ru n when you face it boldly.
I think its a very point to sell women's fashion as well,

1 important thing i will like to share with you in this business is that never compete just your thing, be unique,be creative and change as often as possible, God's Grace is similar to the sun in all its glory yet its open to everyone.

Re: Boutique! What Does It Require? by Hairat007(f): 8:25am On Sep 06, 2009
dvonne:

Hey Bro
I think you just predicted the opposite of all you want to happen to your business.
As a young business owner,i can tell you as a FACT that your only JOB is to be positive and consciously use your thoughts and words to predict ONLY positivity about your business.
You can hire a super manager but the prediction part is for the business owner and its contagious,
I know you are only writing about your fears but most of the time you need not be afraid , that which you fear will ru n when you face it boldly.
I think its a very point to sell women's fashion as well,

1 important thing i will like to share with you in this business is that never compete just your thing, be unique,be creative and change as often as possible, God's Grace is similar to the sun in all its glory yet its open to everyone.

Tanx sis jst spilled wat was on my mind. in biz my dear pappy i urge u 2 tink

POSITIVELY dere cld be d bad sides YES but please dnt make it an excuse 2 miss

d wonderful profit u re gonna make. like i said earlier, d advise u re gettin here is

great lol. wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Nospecto Oil & Gas / Please, I Need Help To Make Money With My Little Token / Advice On What To Do With 7 Acres Of Land At Owode Egba Ogunstate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.