Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

My Glo3g Dilemma - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Glo3g Dilemma (1658 Views)

I Have 12k But M In A Dilemma Of Which Phone To Buy / (in Dilemma) Which Of These Android Devices Should I Go For? / Help A Brother In Dilemma Of Buying A New Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Glo3g Dilemma by malikalhaj: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2009
i've been trying 4 over 4days now to connect my phone using 3g but wenever i try connecting, it keeps giving me error, but if i use gsm mode i connect with ease, so i don't know if there is anyone in the house that has this same problem and have overcomed it.

P.S
i use N82, and my sim card has been activated with the 3g service.
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by aieromon(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2009
Berra ask honsule.he's the only person i know that has gone near glo 3g
tongue
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
use glomms as ur APN wink
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by malikalhaj: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
no known glo apn works with it as long as i use 3g
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2009
well mine works but go is down in IB
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2009
aieromon:

Berra ask honsule.he's the only person i know that has gone near glo 3g
tongue

thankz for the compliments wink wink
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
malikalhaj:

i've been trying 4 over 4days now to connect my phone using 3g but wenever i try connecting, it keeps giving me error, but if i use gsm mode i connect with ease, so i don't know if there is anyone in the house that has this same problem and have overcomed it.

P.S
i use N82, and my sim card has been activated with the 3g service.

we have discussed this right?
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2009
Guyz, we need to do sth about this Glo 3G not browsing in some phones o.E.G N95, N82 etc.I have written to Glo,but no response so far.What should be the next step.Suggestions plz
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by malikalhaj: 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2009
i think probably glo has changed the 3g configuration. what i'm trying to say is that they probably switch from european to american i.e. from HSDPA 210 to HSDPA 850 / 1900
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2009
malikalhaj:

i think probably glo has changed the 3g configuration. what i'm trying to say is that they probably switch from european to american i.e. from HSDPA 210 to HSDPA 850 / 1900

pls expatiate
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2009
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900 - American version

mine is American version,so it suppose to pick.It tells me packet data not available,whereas,N70 works with their 3G perfectly.Guess there must be more to it
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by malikalhaj: 12:23am On Aug 30, 2009
R u sure ur's is American? Cos i no it works on my bro's 6500 slide so i just felt since n82's are european, sum n95s are european, then maybe it just works on phones that has both.
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by tunnex190: 12:59am On Aug 30, 2009
Hon, is glo 3G in Ib?
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2009
@Tunnex.yes there is.In fact,it was glo 3G i used then in downloading all the needed offline upgrade me N95.i downloaded in a week more than 1G softwares.The download was faster on phone,compare to system.i get a steady speed me 100kb/s.Glo 3G is stupidly fast.check my post on D.C thread on offline upgrade of N95
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by BankoleO1: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2009
honsule:

@Tunnex.yes there is.In fact,it was glo 3G i used then in downloading all the needed offline upgrade me N95.i downloaded in a week more than 1G softwares.The download was faster on phone,compare to system.i get a steady speed me 100kb/s.Glo 3G is stupidly fast.check my post on D.C thread on offline upgrade of N95

First thing on Monday morning am going to Glo office at my end and findout what the hell is going on with their 3G service, I called the C.C today at 4am they told me to just go to their office already explained that I was told my number has been forwarded to their whoever is in charge omo Am Tired of this Glo thing. Na tomorrow be the final judgment for Glo 3G, will be back with news on what happened.

Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2009
Bankole_O:

First thing on Monday morning am going to Glo office at my end and findout what the hell is going on with their 3G service, I called the C.C today at 4am they told me to just go to their office already explained that I was told my number has been forwarded to their whoever is in charge omo Am Tired of this Glo thing. Na tomorrow be the final judgment for Glo 3G, will be back with news on what happened.

we will be waiting to hear the outcome.plz don't fail to go to their office 2morrow o.Also,don't allow a novice to attend to u o.
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Fadajasi(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2009
Pls do that honsule, Cos i aint buyin dat european/american shit
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by abrahym(m): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2009
help plz,hw do i do glo sim swap online?
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2009
abrahym:

help plz,hw do i do glo sim swap online?

NO Glo online sim swap.Go to the nearest Glo office
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 8:48am On Sep 01, 2009
honsule:

NO Glo online sim swap.Go to the nearest Glo office

am off to glo office  grin hope I dont meet a annoying novice their sha cuz I go vex like craze for them  angry WIll be back with gist

Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2009
Infoseye:

am off to glo office  grin hope I dont meet a annoying novice their sha cuz I go vex like craze for them  angry WIll be back with gist

Come back with good news o cool cool
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
Yea just got back and spent 1hour in the place saw crazy stuff going on in their office even including runz which I cant even exposed here to NL before wa ha la starts grin ANyway the good news is the guy said SAT-3 does not have anything todo with the Glo3G not browsing I dropped my number ,my babes number and Honsule number for checking up the guy said 24hours time it will surely browse so I guess we need to wait till tomorrow at this time and see if it works if not am storming their office first thing on Thursday again.

If you want me to help you submit your glo number for 3G stuff feel free to post them I will copy them and submit them for checking out at Glo office this wk thursday but pls only one glo number per person and make sure your lines are provisioned already peace!

Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by hancock(m): 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2009
Mine too stopped working on my 6120. I have a feeling Glo is switching off thier 3G signal for prepaid users. just my 6th sense. @infoseye this is my glo no 08073785038
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ok just for five people ooooo grin

Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2009
@Infoseye.i have more glo sims o
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2009
drop it like its hot!

Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2009
@Infoseye.I called their customer care as early as 4am and the guy that attended to me categorically told me that Glo 3g is not in Ibadan.Or should i said it fluctuates that is why we can't browse with it.I told what about a guy in Lag that uses N82 and complained that he too can't use 3g.The guy told me that such person shd call their C.C.they will do sth about it.
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2009
honsule:

@Infoseye.I called their customer care as early as 4am and the guy that attended to me categorically told me that Glo 3g is not in Ibadan.Or should i said it fluctuates that is why we can't browse with it.I told what about a guy in Lag that uses N82 and complained that he too can't use 3g.The guy told me that such person shd call their C.C.they will do sth about it.

Ok, so? Basically no glo 3G us here In ibadan?? Is that what the guy u called is saying ??

Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2009
Infoseye:

Ok, so? Basically no glo 3G us here In ibadan?? Is that what the guy u called is saying ??

did ur Glo 3g work 2day?i tried mine around 4am,but it didn't work.Guess i will believe that guy jo.
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Infoseye(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
am waiting for midnight to try mine since am browsing with MTN

Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by honsule(m): 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2009
Night indeed.It won't work
Re: My Glo3g Dilemma by Fadajasi(m): 12:35am On Sep 03, 2009
Make i drop my number?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple And Samsung To Unveil The New ' I Sam 7 ' On September 26 / Phone For Sale..kaduna Or Abuja / Who Wants To Sell Uniilorin Jkk Tab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.