Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised (4835 Views)

Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu / Best Smartphones On Jumia At Amazing Prices.. You Will Be Suprised At The Prices / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
Do you know that smartphone are addictive? Most of us will find ourselves looking at our smartphone for most of the day. statistic shows that an average person spends 8hr and 41mins on electronic devices and check his/her phone 46 time s per day.
1. 40% of the population is addicted to their smartphones : people are increasingly becoming addicted to their phones. According to an article on psychology today 40% of the population suffer from this addiction and also nomophobia I.e fear of being without a smartphone.
2. Most people will constantly check their phones without reason,especially when they are addicted.Despite having check their phones about two seconds ago,they tend to have an urge to check it again
3. Most phone addicts will experience phantom vibration: phantom vibration or ringing is a false belief that your phone is ringing or has received a notification, even though it has not.
4. Most people (18-30) sleep with their phones right next to them and when it is not there they suffer from separation anxiety.
5. Most phone addict forget how living in the real world is: Most of the phone addicts completely cut themselves off from real life and thus limit interactions with people and other real life experiences with people and other real life experiences.They see the world through their phones and interact less.

you can add yours
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by youngest85(m): 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
YoungB1a:
Do you know that smartphone are addictive? Most of us will find ourselves looking at our smartphone for most of the day. statistic shows that an average person spends 8hr and 41mins on electronic devices and check his/her phone 46 time s per day.
1. 40% of the population is addicted to their smartphones : people are increasingly becoming addicted to their phones. According to an article on psychology today 40% of the population suffer from this addiction and also nomophobia I.e fear of being without a smartphone.
2. Most people will constantly check their phones without reason,especially when they are addicted.Despite having check their phones about two seconds ago,they tend to have an urge to check it again
3. Most phone addicts will experience phantom vibration: phantom vibration or ringing is a false belief that your phone is ringing or has received a notification, even though it has not.
4. Most people (18-30) sleep with their phones right next to them and when it is not there they suffer from separation anxiety.
5. Most phone addict forget how living in the real world is: Most of the phone addicts completely cut themselves off from real life and thus limit interactions with people and other real life experiences with people and other real life experiences.They see the world through their phones and interact less.

you can add yours
so any repercaution?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
youngest85:
so any repercaution?
yes .when u are addicted
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
youngest85:
so any repercaution?
yes .when u are addicted
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by youngest85(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
YoungB1a:
yes .when u are addicted
Bt we'r all guilty!

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
youngest85:
Bt we'r all guilty!
hahaha me am not oooooo
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
It really depends on the kind of addiction. There's productive addiction. The kind that really adds value and some bucks into your pocket.
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by ESheriff1(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
YoungB1a:

you can add yours
I can say am fairly guilty of the 5th symptom... cheesy
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
HenryDion:
It really depends on the kind of addiction. There's productive addiction. The kind that really adds value and some bucks into your pocket.
explain pls
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by boman2014: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
YoungB1a:
you can add yours

just like the way u r addicted to TV ,Raido, coffee,tobacco,party,sex etc that cut us off from real life.....

Abegee! Make we hear word
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hun, what a stark truth!
Mania of the 21st century...
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Mario1989(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Most people are addicted to social networking and games far more than the primary purpose of the phone(call and text)
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
Mario1989:
Most people are addicted to social networking and games far more than the primary purpose of the phone(call and text)
yes u are correct

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Abudu2000(m): 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
I don't know how ppl get so close to their phones ,I mean we the real phone guys don't even use our phones much only when needed, but you see some who don't really have use for it romancing it all d time, I still wonder,
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
I AM A PHONE ADDICT cool.
INFACT, I SWAPPED MY GIRL FRIEND FOR A BACKUP BATTERY grincheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Nice
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
crotonite:
I AM A PHONE ADDICT cool.
INFACT, I SWAPPED MY GIRL FRIEND FOR A BACKUP BATTERY grincheesy
lolz
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Dfinex(f): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
guilty of 4 and 5. ...I feel sick when my battery goes flat. give me a full bar on my phone and I can spend the whole weekend indoors. lolss
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Chimaritoponcho: 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
copy and paste guy why?
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by emilyone(f): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dfinex:
guilty of 4 and 5. ...I feel sick when my battery goes flat. give me a full bar on my phone and I can spend the whole weekend indoors. lolss

Just like me smiley
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by UIA04(f): 12:16am On Jun 13, 2016
Solutions please

I can't take it any longer
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 13, 2016
Wallahi Op, yhu are ryz. Az I am tyfing dis comen, I de on tof bed wif ma tu pones nax to me.

Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 13, 2016
YoungB1a:
explain pls

Those that are into online business are usually addicted to their smartphone or system, but its a productive addiction cause it brings in some cash.
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Segadem(m): 9:18am On Jun 13, 2016
if the trend continues unchecked, it will kill productivity in the nearest future
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Abee79(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2016
Phone addicts usually suffer from 'Low Battery Frustration Syndrome' and are the first to [rush and] plug their phone when 'light' is restored. They can't bear to see their phone 'die' grin
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by Princepoint(m): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
smart phone am not addicted to smart phone am addicted to the internet
Internet addiction disorder IAD
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
UIA04:
Solutions please

I can't take it any longer
just try to spend less time with your phone
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by UIA04(f): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
YoungB1a:
just try to spend less time with your phone
Looool
I wish . That's why it's called an addiction
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by YoungB1a(m): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
UIA04:

Looool
I wish . That's why it's called an addiction
then just use it to sow a seed in your church
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by UIA04(f): 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
YoungB1a:
then just use it to sow a seed in your church
Uhn you are wicked o
I said I have a problem you are saying something else
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by jheed: 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Mario1989:
call and text are no more the primary purposes of phone it is far more than that
Re: 5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised by gozbaba(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=HenryDion post=46506250]It really depends on the kind of addiction. There's productive addiction. The kind that really adds value and some bucks into your pocket.[/hmmm could you outline some productive addiction][quote author=HenryDion post=46506250]It really depends on the kind of addiction. There's productive addiction. The kind that really adds value and some bucks into your pocket.[/hmmm could you outline some productive addiction][quote author=HenryDion post=46506250]It really depends on the kind of addiction. There's productive addiction. The kind that really adds value and some bucks into your pocket.[/hmmm could you outline some productive addiction]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Null / Gtbank Outrageous SMS Charges / Internet Speed Booster & Mobile Phone Antivirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.