Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) (23411 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Awka In Grand Style For Obiano Inauguration- PICTURES / The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / Beauty Of Somali Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Engineermbugame(m): 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
Our next traditional festival loading,(nwafor ogidi.)
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by mich24(m): 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
Am very sorry you made no sense.
wiseoneking:
Fun my foot! Fun in hell? Is pure idolatory especially going to pay visit to the shrine. I used to attend it when we were small from Enugu. Pure Christianiy is enough for the igbos. Let them stop these uncivilised traditions. We have better traditions to revived. I hope they are not copying the osun oshogbo festival which in a way is making that part of country more backward. Let them stop reviving that shi*t of culture called imoawka. We have other great cultures and way of life to revive. Any body that participates in imoawka is ignorantly worshipping the devil.Wait oooh, i taught this imoawka don die.

2 Likes

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Igboid: 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
Igbo Amaka!

Proudly Igbo! smiley

1 Like

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Igboid: 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Engineermbugame:
Our next traditional festival loading,(nwafor ogidi.)

Nnaa eh, oya adi kpor kpor.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Igboid: 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
wiseoneking:
Fun my foot! Fun in hell? Is pure idolatory especially going to pay visit to the shrine. I used to attend it when we were small from Enugu. Pure Christianiy is enough for the igbos. Let them stop these uncivilised traditions. We have better traditions to revived. I hope they are not copying the osun oshogbo festival which in a way is making that part of country more backward. Let them stop reviving that shi*t of culture called imoawka. We have other great cultures and way of life to revive. Any body that participates in imoawka is ignorantly worshipping the devil.Wait oooh, i taught this imoawka don die.

Bia diokpa, remove that "wise" from your moniker sharperly. sad

1 Like

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by aalangel(f): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
Stupiiiidddd festival!!!!
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Igboid: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
StoneLucifer:
Nothing attractive with these pictures..Was expecting to see real celebration and crowd..

Taa! Who asked you? undecided
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Ezeego1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:
O di b'anyi a di na-mba !

#EgwuImokafestival.

#Awkaamaka.

A bu m ezigbo onye Awka n'aso enwe.

#AdaAwka.

#I'mproud2beonyeAwka.

Dis rain shld jus stop biko so dt we wil enjoy dis yr's festival 2 d fullest.

Infact rain or no rain,#EgwuImoka is going on.

IMO, Imoka shld nt be scrapped.

I think dis is our festival (culture) .The only thing 2 be done here is 2 put tight security watch against misconduct during d festive period.It is our tradition and we must nt allow it 2 die. I'm a lady and i luv EgwuImoka Festival.

I am there Life @ Ifite road close 2 Nkwo Amenyi Mkt, b4 d rain started.

Correct babe cool
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by tk4rd: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
Nne, Is it true that PHYNO is there near Amaenyi.??
Utchgirl:

#EgwuImokafestival.

#Awkaamaka.

#AdaAwka.

#I'mproud2beonyeAwka.

I think dis is our festival (culture) .The only thing 2 be done here is 2 put tight security watch against misconduct during d festive period.It is our tradition and we must nt allow it 2 die. I'm a lady and i luv EgwuImoka Festival.

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Engineermbugame(m): 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
Igboid:

Nnaa eh, oya adi kpor kpor.
are u from ogidi?
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
tk4rd:

Yaa...according 2 my cousine. Waz planing 2 see him too bt we left cos of d heavy rain.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by mejai(m): 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
I hope amawbia citizens weren't disturb on der way to umuokpu. cos dey always cause trouble. grin
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by AjaanaOka(m): 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
wiseoneking:

One of those people. *smh*

1 Like

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by tk4rd: 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:

Yaa...according 2 my cousine. Waz planing 2 see him too bt we left cos of d heavy rain.
The rain had stopped.. I'm not in Awka right now though..
I'm missing a lot
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by funkybully(f): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:

#EgwuImokafestival.

#Awkaamaka.

#AdaAwka.

#I'mproud2beonyeAwka.

Nekwenu Ada Awka, Ada neekwe ikpele.

Olooololoooo, epete epete, odu be anyi adu na MBA! Okolo agbaghi azu ya agbanakwa egwu imoka ayammem hmmmmm.

Efvulum efvulumooo! Ka anti jevfe umuokpu , Awka mulu mu ekenemooooo" epete!

Chai, I missed Imoka. Unizik students have hijacked the festival turning it into scores settlement days. Heard MTN sponsored last year festival.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by funkybully(f): 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
tk4rd:

Phyno na confirmed Awka nigga, he suppose enter town flex with hommies. Even YAW na Awka guy
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Sensitivbin777(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:

#EgwuImokafestival.

#Awkaamaka.

#AdaAwka.

#I'mproud2beonyeAwka.

Ofvulu na ogha ekwe onume, biko zukokwuo Video nye

1 Like

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
tk4rd:
The rain had stopped.. I'm not in Awka right now though..
I'm missing a lot

kk
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by funkybully(f): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
mejai:
I hope amawbia citizens weren't disturb on der way to umuokpu. cos dey always cause trouble. grin

Them no born Amobia well, Awka youth are always armed to d teeth when in procession to umuokpu. Amobia knows they are surrounded by Awka, any attempt will be disastrous
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by victechglobal1(m): 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
End time is near, pleas you all should repent.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
wiseoneking:
i disagree with you. Our Culture is our identity and it will never fade away. NEVER. OMENALA GA ADI. Hooha

2 Likes

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
Sensitivbin777:
Ofvulu na ogha ekwe onume, biko zukokwuo Video nye

Kikikikiki

kikikikiki

I didn't evn come out wit a gud fone. I dnt want it 2 get lost because of d crowdy nature of d environment.Though we left on time cos of d rain.

Nwanne m, ekenekwe m.

Gbuolu Ada gi nwanyi ikpele biko !

1 Like

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by neocortex: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
wiseoneking:

You are obviously suffering from mental slavery,
get well soon.

1 Like

Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by guychidile: 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
I think honestly that,IMO Awka will not be scabbed ,rather elders and the youths will cone together,and harmonise the festival,to fit in the civilized mode.
This is heritage of Awka,which needs to be maintained,as a monument.
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
funkybully:

Nekwenu Ada Awka, Ada neekwe ikpele.

Olooololoooo, epete epete, odu be anyi adu na MBA! Okolo agbaghi azu ya agbanakwa egwu imoka ayammem hmmmmm.

Efvulum efvulumooo! Ka anti jevfe umuokpu , Awka mulu mu ekenemooooo" epete!

Chai, I missed Imoka. Unizik students have hijacked the festival turning it into scores settlement days. Heard MTN sponsored last year festival.

Nwanna !

Binyie ooooo.

Kedu onuku Awka I bu ?
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by egobetatoday: 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
besttrader:
When I see masquerades, I see hundreds of thousands of jobs being created!! grin

on point! pls how many people were employed to dress and UnCloth this madquerade? *LaiMohammedOnMyMind*
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by funkybully(f): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Utchgirl:

Nwanna !

Binyie ooooo.

Kedu onuku Awka I bu ?

Amenyi Awka oooo
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by bubulistic(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
StoneLucifer:
Nothing attractive with these pictures..Was expecting to see real celebration and crowd..

Because say you no dey there live... If not wetin you for see you no for they talk this thing.... Proudly an Awka indigene
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Sirvinkevin(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
Sharp finally
Enzyhub:

This is the biggest and most prestigious traditional festival common to every Awka born.
Indiegens travel from far down to their home town Awka for this great occasion which happens once a year.

The celebration attracts personalities from all areas of the state, friends and well wishers of Awka sometimes participate in the celebration

as they witness singing and dancing from assorted masquerades and masquerade men all in the bid to make the occasion colourful.

Some, Particularly Christians are of the opinion that the celebration is satanic and should be scrapped, siting bloodshed, violence and idolatry as one of the reasons to let go of the old Awka tradition, while others see it simply as a means of catching fun ones in a year and also to uphold the Igbo tradition and legacy handed over to us by our forefathers.

What’s your take as an Awka indiegen?? Do you see Imo Awka festival as idolatry and should be scrapped or modified or do you see it as a tradition which must be maintained??

http://www.enzyhub.com/update-on-imo-awka-celebration-in-awka-anambra-state/
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by snochk: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
A celebration that shows how some human beings have chosen to be lower than animals,denying their God given positions which is far higher than demons and phantoms. Idolatry is a no no for me ndi Igbo ibem. Niko ka anyi Solutions Chukwu Okeke maka ya bu Ife anyi biali uwa ime
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by Utchgirl(f): 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
funkybully:

Amenyi Awka oooo

Which village in Amenyi ?
Re: Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) by AjaanaOka(m): 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
snochk:
A celebration that shows how some human beings have chosen to be lower than animals,denying their God given positions which is far higher than demons and phantoms. Idolatry is a no no for me ndi Igbo ibem. Niko ka anyi Solutions Chukwu Okeke maka ya bu Ife anyi biali uwa ime

Pali that "Christian Supremacy" jetie aka! Nyaa, akpulutakwana nso ncha ncha li. Just keep it it your village.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Culture Zone of the Middlebelt people / The Origin Of The Slang "419" And Ghana-must-go(the Bag) / The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.