Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank (29186 Views)

CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards / CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by johnstar(m): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by stagger: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
mrhansome12:
Will it affect payoneer, perfect money and PayPal credit cards

Are these Naira cards? Learn to read and study statements well before commenting.

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by ramalot(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nutase:
Who cares

People who have money. Sounds like that excludes you.

16 Likes

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Emmaoga: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
everything shall be fine again.

we are in the month of June.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by fulfillment2020(m): 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
korel9:

Work were? undecided

Or is it a dollar account cos mine doesn't. Please tutor me grin
GTB card still work on PayPal, although you will be charged almost parallel market rate.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
I created a thread about this ish on May 23. Very crazy decision. Well, our banks could be stealing our money using that platform.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by neocortex: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
eph12:
What will it take to get a dollar denominated card?
Dollars

8 Likes

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by fulfillment2020(m): 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
stagger:

Are these Naira cards? Learn to read and study statements well before commenting.
Paypal works only with debit or credit card attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by eph12(m): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
neocortex:

Dollars
So how is that a problem?
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by uboma(m): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
I received same notification from Zenith Bank Plc. But my other banks failed to do same. Just yesterday i tried to pay online for my ticket fare with AirFrance but could not get through using the debit cards of Diamond bank and Stanbic ibtc. I had to book for the ticket online and visited AirFrance at Sheraton in Abuja today to make payment using their POS.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Nutase: 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
ramalot:

People who have money. Obviously, that excludes you.
sad
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by SweetJoystick(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
Firefire:
SCB useless for that kin thin. angry

Buhary & APC which way are you leading us ? Where is your Flexible Exchange Rate Policy ?
You be customer or staff?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Firefire(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
SweetJoystick:

You be customer or staff?

Of what?
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Realdeals(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
GTB still works, but the charge name die!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by damola311: 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
Sadly, nothing is working again in this country, real tough time.... This is CHANGE

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Sasuwa(f): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
does that mean that i cannot use my card for adword payment, god punish the illiterate bastard called buhari

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by MMempire(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Airkay:
Zenith Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Atm Card(s).

Hello guys, I just checked my mail and saw this BOMB from Zenith Bank. Kinda wondering if this was sent to all Zenith customers.
Anybody with an Idea about this? cry

I hope mr president travelled with his foreign card or risk being stranded with medical bill, hotel bill and flight ticket back to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by mrhansome12(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
stagger:

I asked a question cus I know those credit cards can be linked to someone's bank account

1 Like

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by sulaiboy20(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
young fellow with zenith account na real dude .. no be small money zenith dey collect for opening.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by sanusidabo: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
That's a good one remain CBN to ban Bureau De Change operation so that together Nigerian economic crisis would be tackled.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by onyxo76(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Gradually making life difficult for Internet marketers in Nigeria.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Adesiji77: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
All these moves are prolly in anticipation of the incoming forex regime...
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by 19naia(m): 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Is there a cost/price for the dollar nominated card? Is this a fee collecting scheme? If they can dollar enable one card, why not the other.?? Its all electronic any way, unless having people come in for a new card includes collecting fees as a way to make money in a suffering financial market of Nigeria.
Its clear banks are suffering in Naija economy these days and may be looking for fee collection schemes to keep themselves in revenue.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by korel9: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
fulfillment2020:
GTB card still work on PayPal, although you will be charged almost parallel market rate.

I don't mind the rate but I've tried performing in-game purchases but was always declined.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Wackyrichy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
Abeg which bank own dem never ban, i won buy app ontop playstore oh

1 Like

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
diamond did me this strong thing when i wanted to renew my domain. i heard UBA still works.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by hsadiq(m): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
korel9:

I don't mind the rate but I've tried performing in-game purchases but was always declined.

You need to update your account details and make sure play store doesn't show the naira equivalent of what you want to purchase for this to work.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by 2sexycom(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
korel9:

Guy GTBank were one of the first to suspend theirs
GTB is working fine...

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by hsadiq(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wackyrichy:
Abeg which bank own dem never ban, i won buy app ontop playstore oh

GtBank still works but make sure your account doesn't auto exchange the price on the app else it won't work.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by Wackyrichy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
hsadiq:

GtBank still works but make sure your account doesn't auto exchange the price on the app else it won't work.
it is already in naira, how do i change it back?
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by 2sexycom(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Sasuwa:
does that mean that i cannot use my card for adword payment, god punish the illiterate bastard called buhari
That is what it means. I think getting cards owned by payoneer, skrill and co could help here.
Re: Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank by EDhims(m): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
I tried purchasing something online yesterday in dollars and my transactions keep terminating. I went to complain to my bank "UBA" but wasn't told of any suspension.
Pls does this suspension affect skrill wallet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ownership Of Oil Palm Giant, Presco Returns To Nigeria After 33-Years / Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira / Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.