Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,849 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 AM

Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements (13351 Views)

Kanu’s Family Demands Return Of Property Taken Away By Army / Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) / 28 Pensioners Die In Cross River State Over Non-payment Of Entitlements.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by wolesmile(m): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2016
Abeokuta—The family of the late Chief MKO Abiola, the presumed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, has called on the Federal Government to declare him the winner and pay presidential entitlements to his family.

The request was made yesterday by the head of the family, Alhaji Muritala Abiola, at the commemoration of the June 12, 1993 election.

The event, which was organised by the state government, started with a Democracy Walk from the June 12 Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta to the Oke Ido ancestral home of the Abiolas.

Muritala, who is the younger brother of the late business mogul, said he deserved the entitlement for dying for the enthronement of democracy in the country.

“First, we want the Federal Government to declare June 12 as Democracy Day. It should do even more than that.

“ Ken Saro Wiwa died fighting over Ogoni oil spillage, the Federal Government is doing the cleaning up of the oil spillage in Ogoni land.

“MKO was killed because of an election he won maybe it is you journalists or the Nigerian government calling him acclaimed winner.

“ He is not acclaimed winner, they should confirm him as slain president of Nigeria.

“MKO should be declared president. Although slain, all the entitlements belong to the family,” he said.

Murtala, however, thanked the state government for keeping the memory of the late Abiola alive by staging a Democracy Walk in the last five years.

He appealed to the state government to return the school established by the late Abiola; Salawu Abiola Comprehensive High School, Osiele, Abeokuta to the family to administer.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/mko-abiolas-family-demands-presidential-entitlements/

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by HungerBAD: 8:36am On Jun 13, 2016
Laughing.

His brother wants an entitlement to the family?and he wants the school too returned to them for running?

I guess we all have a little greed in us.

To Abiola brother i have a question ,and what about the hundreds that died protesting the June 12 mandate that year?you conveniently forgot to ask for anything for their families too?

This guy should let this matter die.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by mrvitalis(m): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2016
Yorubas are just funny.... How is that possible?? Was he a president??

Sometimes u just need to limit the amount of oil one eats.. It's bad for the brain

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by buzquet(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2016
So, una Don finish the man wealth?

Is true that when a wealthy dies, his wealth dies with him

17 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by adedayourt(m): 8:45am On Jun 13, 2016
x
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by HolyHero: 9:03am On Jun 13, 2016
[size=15pt]
the annulment of the election by babagida was Nigeria biggest setback [/size]
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by omowolewa: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2016
Which space of time will that occupy?
He deserves good recognition but not a reign without a period.

3 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by looseweight: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2016
1993 election is the best election we ever heard and MKO is the best president we never heard...

Weight loss tips, check my profile

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by MadCow1: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa...

Like what?

Technically speaking, Late M.K.O Abiola was NEVER the President of Nigeria and thus cannot get any benefits whatsoever. You only become a President after taking the oath of Office. M.K.O was just a President-Elect..

On June 12 being called Democracy day, that is a matter for LAWMA to deal with.

June 12 will forever remain an important date in Nigeria's history and M.K.O's memory will never fade for as long as the history of Nigeria is recounted. But that's just about it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by 5starmilitant: 9:36am On Jun 13, 2016
Mission impossible bro, Nigeria too needs entitlements. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by benedictnsi(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2016
It's okay.... The family was just unfortunate
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by sammyj: 9:36am On Jun 13, 2016
ok
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by Joel3(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2016
....these people must be crazy and illiterate as well. we have two type of President.

one is a President elect. a President elect is the official announcement by the electoral commission of the immediate winner of the Presidential election.

two is a President of a country. a President of a country is after the immediate swearing in into office and oath of conduct by the Chief judge.

so tell me which one they want for MKO?
if you ask me he deserve none. because he was not officially announced the winner of that election....

even when Gej rename university of Lagos to Honor mushud Abiola the Yoruba kick against it. so next

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by ZUBY77(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2016
They deserve it.

Except that some bunch of cowards who asslicks the tyrants up north won't support them for political reasons.
Most will be waiting for Fashola or Tinubu to say something, then they will all adopt whatever comes out from their mouths.

I am sure the brave ones among my south western friends will stand with the truth.

We totally support the demand from the East, he won a legitimate election.

5 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by ozo13(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

His brother wants an entitlement to the family?and he wants the school too returned to them for running?

I guess we all have a little greed in us.

To Abiola brother i have a question ,and what about the hundreds that died protesting the June 12 mandate that year?you conveniently forgot to ask for anything for their families too?

This guy should let this matter die.
smiles
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by Young03(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2016
super story
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by badonkadonk: 9:38am On Jun 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
Yorubas are just funny.... How is that possible?? Was he a president??

Sometimes u just need to limit the amount of oil one eats.. It's bad for the brain

Stop generalising things... How does a family that hails from the egba side of the south west translate to a whole tribe?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by justicejay(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2016
Mtchewwww
Everybody what some parts of the cake.
This june 12 things has even become boring!
Are we celebrating the election or the dead uncertified acclaimed president?

3 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by chimah3(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by allansie(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2016
I can spot a wailer above me
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by MKO4ever(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2016
MKO4ever!
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by hatersgodie: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2016
facelessangel:
Google
must you abuse yoruba on every matter? They said MKO family and turn to tribal things again.....
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by cycline404(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2016
Na every year June 12, dem dey remember.
Make the date pass they forget again
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2016
Are they broke already?, wat entitlement.

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by Pyno30: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2016
wolesmile:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/mko-abiolas-family-demands-presidential-entitlements/
They should wait till Buhari start hearing, because he will probe that familly once such enters his ear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by Jobsdome: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2016
Maybe
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by dannyben5: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2016
facelessangel:
Google
guy abeg check rule no2
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2016
Okayyy nah so them wan follow chop our national YAM. the Coca-Cola YAM never do them??
Re: Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements by Kelliebright(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2016
thus is very funny!
sum1 once said dat Igbo's are d only tribe dat never won a fight or battle, 1993 is no doubt a very memorable year but I guess much more memorable to d Yoruba's as dey won d battle but lost war... hmmm I only Remembered dem making a whole lot of noise with no action....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smart City: Lagos To Deploy 10,000 CCTV / Farmers Donate N1.7bn For Buhari Campaign / President Buhari Unveils National Digital Economy Document For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.