Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? (29441 Views)

Man Celebrates His Achievement After Buying Iphone 7 / First 5 Things You Should Do After Buying A Brand New Android Smartphone / Do You Still Use 2go ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by PhonePlanet(m): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Thankfully to the invention of modern smartphone, our phones now does a lot that would previous require you to buy a standard hardware, item, device or gadget for that specific purpose.

But due to one reason or the other people still buy these specific purpose devices....

If you are one of them, can you please tell us which of these specific purpose devices you still buy/bought, use and why you still use them instead of a smartphone.

1. Camera
2. Calculator
3. Scanner
4. Modem
5. Portable DVD player
6. Book and pen
7. Bible
8. Clock/watch
9. Calender
10. Compass
11. Photo album/frame
12. Touchlight
13. Dictionary
14. Radio
15. Mp3/Mp4 player, ipod/Walkman
16. Game console
17. Board games
18. Others (please specify)

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Joshkid(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
I still buy a bible cos I don't believe in e-bible, it creates a lot of distraction

FTC even with my airtel 2g subscription grin grin

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by shaiba(f): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bible - nothing compare to the prints and the feel of it in my palms.
Try reading or studying your bible on your smartphone and just when your are catching the rhema one call come in... only to pick it up and its from your network, your guess is as good as mine. Also I don't have to bother with the issue of battery running and charging it.

My good print bible any day is the best.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Joshkid(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
shaiba:
Bible - nothing compare to the prints and the feel of it in my palms.
Try reading or studying your bible on your smartphone and just when your are catching the rhema one call come in... only to pick it up and its from your network, your guess is as good as mine. Also I don't have to bother with the issue of battery running and charging it.

My good print bible any day is the best.

Birthday girl smiley
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by PhonePlanet(m): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
Personally I still prefer solving maths with a real casio calculator than my smartphone. It just feels better grin

lalasticlala honsule

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by augster(m): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
PhonePlanet:

1. Camera
2. Calculator
3. Scanner
4. Modem
5. Portable DVD player
6. Book and pen
7. Bible
8. Clock/watch
9. Calender
10. Compass
11. Photo album/frame
12. Touchlight
13. Dictionary
14. Radio
15. Mp3/Mp4 player
16. Others (please specify)
2. Calculator, makes the calculations smooth
4. I prefer connecting my modem directly to my pc, to save battery
6. Who no dey use book and pen?
8. Watch na for effizy
12. Phone's torchlight no dey make sense, unless you're using that iMose phone grin
13. Always on my table, I just flip through when I'm bored
14. To save phone's battery, if I'm at home
15. If battery don die, na to put sd card inside all those radio wey get slot grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Collinz2(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Even though i dont have everything there i will still use them because sometimes your phone wont work as u expected, e.g the phone flashlight.
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by PhonePlanet(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Collinz2:
Even though i dont have everything there i will still use them because sometimes your phone wont work as u expected, e.g the phone flashlight.

Nah I'm talking about when your phone is fully functional but for one reason or the other, you still use those specific purpose items
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by shaiba(f): 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Joshkid:

Birthday girl smiley

Thank you. I'm touched. You are one of the few.
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Collinz2(m): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Nah I'm talking about when your phone is fully functional but for one reason or the other, you still use those specific purpose items
Even if the phone is fully functional i will still use em.

1. Camera - Even if the phone has the best camera in the world yet digital camera and camcorder is better and gives better quality.

2. Calculator - Sometimes for students they might not be allowed to use a phone is an examination hall and the exam require a calculator so they got to have a calculator.

3. Modem - Your phone battery wont last for ever so modem is very important for computer user. And sometimes a desktop version of a some website is perfect, easy and simple to use.

4. Book And Pen - Every one need it even though u have the best smartphone in the world.

5. Bible - I can't go to church and use my phone as bible i don't find it right, some people will be like: look at the guy using his phone when service is going on.

6. Clock/Watch/Calender - The only time i use my phone time/calender is when am not at home and i'm not wearin a watch at the moment. And my phone time is not always correct.

7. Flashlight - During night time when the power is out i use rechargeable light, why? Because it is brighter and cover almost every corner of the house which i believe smartphone can never do.

8. Dictionary - Sometimes when i feel bored i read dictionary because it is well explained and if i have a visitor who need a dictionary i quickly give the person my advanced oxford dictionary than to give him/her my phone.

9. Radio/Mp3/Headphone - Your smartphone battery can't last forever it will surely run down one day and maybe that day u need to listen to a radio program or music i will just insert my sdcard into my mp3 player or headphone..

10. Gaming Console - No matter how smartphone improve in gaming it can never be compare and enjoyable like the PS3/PS4. Mobile gaming is just to keep yourself busy.

11. Board Games - Lets say i have chess or scrabble at home and some friends came for a visite and we decided to play the scrabble (which i believe 4 people can play) i can't use my phone for that even if it has scrabble game and support up to 4 player. I can only use it when i want to play with computer same as chess.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by teelaweee(m): 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Thankfully to the invention of modern smartphone, our phones now does a lot that would previous require you to buy a standard hardware, item, device or gadget for that specific purpose.

But due to one reason or the other people still buy these specific purpose devices....

If you are one of them, can you please tell us which of these specific purpose devices you still buy/bought, use and why you still use them instead of a smartphone.

1. Camera
2. Calculator
3. Scanner
4. Modem
5. Portable DVD player
6. Book and pen
7. Bible
8. Clock/watch
9. Calender
10. Compass
11. Photo album/frame
12. Touchlight
13. Dictionary
14. Radio
16. Game console
17. Board games
game console u can never compare the graphics of a game on console to the graphics on phone I will still buy a game console

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by jheed: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
PhonePlanet:

1. Camera
2. Calculator
3. Scanner
4. Modem
5. Portable DVD player
6. Book and pen
7. Bible
8. Clock/watch
9. Calender
10. Compass
11. Photo album/frame
12. Touchlight
13. Dictionary
14. Radio
16. Game console
17. Board games
I Sony feel goo dc using my phone in church even as bible cause it can distract me
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
1. Camera:. I can say my phone has totally replaced this.

2. Calculator: My phone has also replaced this, but that is because I'm not a student. For students and businessmen/accountants, there's no way a phone can replace a calculator unless that person is not serious.

3. Scanner: Is it even possible for a phone to replace a scanner? NO, at least not yet yes there are scanner apps but can never be like a real scanner.

4. Modem: I still use my modem at home. It uses less battery than using phone's hotspot.

5. Portable DVD player: This one is DEAD. I can't remember the last time I saw one.

6. Book and pen: Even in 100 yrs time, the phone will still not replace book and pen.

7. Bible: I use my tablet's Bible at church, but it is not replacing my Bible, I till have and use my Bible.

8. Clock/watch; My phone will never replace my house clock, every home needs at least one clock no matter how expensive ur smartphone is. Also I wear my wristwatch whenever I'm going out .

9. Calender: Yes my phone has replaced this one. I can't use my money to buy a calender, but I will accept it if I as given but I'm pretty sure I won't use it.

10. Compass: This one has been replaced by my phone.

11. Photo album/frame: my phone has replaced this one partially, but will never replace wedding pictures or some special occasions.

12. Touchlight: taa.. my phone cannot replace my touchlight, u can't compare the tiny lights from these phones to a real touchlight.

13. Dictionary: my phone has replaced this one , buy I would own a dictionary if I was a student.

14. Radio: depends on the definition of radio. If transistor radio then yes my phone has replaced it. But home theatre? How can a phone replace my home theatre? My TV and ps4 are connected to my home theatre.

15. Mp3/Mp4 player, ipod/Walkman: partially. I no longer have use for mp3/mp4 player, but I have an iPod permanently connected to my car which I use for all my music while driving.

16. Game console: if I hear... there is no way phones can replace my ps4. The experience is wide wide apart.
17. Board games: I don't play board games, so yes my phone has replaced this, I till play Scrabble online once in a while.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Enemkingsley: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bible

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Omotayor123(f): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
I still use my Calculator, you no fit carry phone enter exam hall.

My book and pen to jot in class

Photo frame as I no fit hang my phone for wall

My Quran as phone is Not always on.

Others.... I can do with my phone. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by teepsee(f): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
The once I am sure it is a sure thing is the 6 n 7, the rest can have a substitute. Gbagam
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Chimaritoponcho: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
data
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Rilwayne001: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
I use only calculator to solve voluminous accounts. Not forgetting Book and pen too.

Life is Good smiley

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
Book and pen for bet9ja booking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Spanner4(m): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
All of the above
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
Calculator: it makes calculations easier and faster than the one on my smartphone.

Book and pen: I can't do without these two, while i'm reading, i take notes of points cos i comprehend easily that way. grin

Dictionary: I am not always on subscription, so with my dictionary i can always search for words for free, bt if i'm online i make use of google search becos of its ability of giving me a wide range of explanations.
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Seeeeeeee: 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
Koran no dey ur list bro!
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by koolguy88(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nice one. keep it up, guys. very educative
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
BIBLE
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by MadCow1: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
PhonePlanet:

1. Camera - I still use my D3200 Nikon DSLR Camera..
2. Calculator - Not Any More
3. Scanner - I have never scanned anything on my phone. That na small Children package.
4. Modem - WHo be Modem?
5. Portable DVD player - Huh? Na question be this? Na Video Cassette I dey use now.
6. Book and pen - No, Na Slate and chalk I dey use now.
7. Bible - People still dey read that thing?
8. Clock/watch - No.. Na fowl crow I dey use check time.
9. Calender - No o!! Calender take do wetin?
10. Compass - Compass ke? Who been dey use Compass before?
11. Photo album/frame - Me still get big album for under table for palour
12. Touchlight - Before Nko? You don see light take charge fone to dey waste bettery ontop touchlight..
13. Dictionary - Wetin be Dictionary?
14. Radio - I still dey carry my World reciever like Abokee..
15. Mp3/Mp4 player, ipod/Walkman - I still get my Walkman and Pencil for rewinding the cassette
16. Game console - I still get my Ludo
17. Board games - I still dey play draught every night

None.
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by macaranta(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
Cam scanner is the ish
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Betheluponi(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Oh yeah sure. Remind me to take my smartphone into the exam hall next sem in place of my casio.
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by Jamean(f): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bible - I can't compare soft copy

Book and Pen

Calculator
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by saintfizzo(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
As much as I keep notes on my smart device, my pen and paper are still golden, I guess I take more to my writing than my typing grin
Re: Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? by khadaffi(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
All of them are still useful. This makes me remember one of my friend who turned his phone to his torch light. One night around 9pm when NEPA did their magic, my guy just grab phone, switch on the phone torch and head outside to put on the generator. He had to fuel the gen before switching it on. I don't even know what happened, the next thing I heard were screams. The guy was already on fire. After the entire incident, my black friend today is now like an albino due to the burns sustained. The phone is not a substitute for these device.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users / Airtel Bis Data Bundle / Nokia 5.1 Plus Set To Be Launched Today. See Full Specifications And Images.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.