Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life (14090 Views)

3 Tips To Work A Full-time Job And Be An Entrepreneur / 7 Major Ways To Save Money If You Work A Monthly Job / COUNTER THREAD; Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by BISolutionsng: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
I remember fresh after service year, my friends and I were excited looking out for job opportunities. We just couldn't wait to dress corporately and begin to earn some big money........... so that we could go shopping. That was all we imagined. We had no career plan or professional path. Any job that could do this for us was good enough! In a couple of weeks, one of us got a marketing job and the pay was good. She could now dress corporately and of course she got a cute red car in addition. Boy, were we jealous! Sometime after she started work, I asked her if she was enjoying her job, and she said to me, "I don't enjoy the job, but the money is good and the car is cute". She added that all she wanted was to save up some money and move into the next job.

Unfortunately, by the time she wanted to move, all the offers she got were for marketing positions because that was all the work experience she had acquired.
She ended up changing jobs about 8 times within 10 years until she finally gave up to focus on learning professional makeup. I wish she had realized this 10 years ago, she probably would be competing with the top makeup artists in the country by now. Thank God it's never too late!

Statistics say “Over 70% of people do not enjoy their jobs”, some endure and live unhappy lives, but the only way you can avoid becoming part of the 70% is to do something you love. However before doing something you love, you must know what you like and dislike.

Here are a few questions you need to periodically ask yourself. Taking action on the honest responses can determine your positional happiness in the next 5 years, 10 years or even in the next 50 years.
Before you take a job, ask yourself,
1. "Does this job inspire me?”
2. “What am I passionate about?”
3. “Does this job align with me?” Consider your values and your personality.
4. “What are my strengths?” It's no secret that we excel at things we are good at.
5. “Does this job environment support me?” Some jobs involve travelling while some don't. Do you enjoy travelling? Some environments are purely entrepreneurial, some embrace diversity, some are extremely conservative etc. You need to determine which environment is right for you and you for it.
6. “Can I do it for free and be happy doing it?”
It's simply not worth it doing something you do not enjoy or you are not passionate about. Avoid ‘doing it’ because of the money. No matter how much money you are offered it simply will not end well. Before you accept a job, make sure that your passions, knowledge and experiences are aligned with the organization’s purpose and ambitions.

"Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for it" - Katharine Whitehorn

http://biempowerment.com/2016/06/13/choose-job-love-will-never-work-day-life/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by looseweight: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2016
Yes OP is 80% accurate....However, I want to strrss it out that no matter how passionate you are to your job, It can become boring to you sometimes...

Like play like place, I am FTC, didn't feel anything about it though. But wanna use this medium to shout out to all LOOSEWEIGHT FANS HOME AND ABROAD. YOU GUYS ROCKS.. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Emmanuel950(m): 7:17am On Jun 14, 2016
If hunger wire some people eh, hmmm...you go just work any work...

21 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
True. Sometimes I work ~15 hours straight without feeling hungry or stressed. And that's only because I love my job.

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by lifezone247(m): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
Mod Pls how can I give a 10 likes in a post? This post deserves it.

7 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by deeplow: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Choice is only available when there are options. There are not many choices here.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by deeplow: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Choice is only available when there are options. There are not many options here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by SurePresident: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Oh Lord, how I passionately love to hate to love working... Listening to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLexgOxsZu0

3 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by verabetsy(f): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
yes oooo

that's why I chose writing and blogging

see one of my fantastic write-ups my blog

http://sagaciousguru..com.ng/2016/06/hilarious-true-life-story-of-how-i-lost.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
This thread is absolutely on point.
I personally love creativity in all forms and what I do is directed towards creating a good brand with the best packaging. wink

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Goldenheart(m): 7:20am On Jun 14, 2016
Minting\printing All Currency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by drered(m): 7:20am On Jun 14, 2016
The job you love isn't always the job you get. When the desirable isn't available the available becomes the desirable. Abi do those conductors enjoy screaming at the top of their voices for passengers? Na condition make cray fish bend.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by eleojo23: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2016
lifezone247:
Mod Pls how can I give a 10 likes in a post? This post deserves it.
10 likes at once? shocked
Not possible.

3 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by sigiyaya(m): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2016
The problem is that there is no job in Nigeria undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Chinweadronhome(f): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2016
This is so true,love what you do and you'll do it so well.

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2016
I love teaching people the Art of seduction.grin

We will all agree that a lot of them have misplaced priorities and see an average guy as a potential meal ticket. This is not to say all our women are like that most most of them don't have that independent mindset

This is why prostitution and the Oloshos are now more rampant. Our men also don't understand the psychology behind making a woman fall in love with you.

So they opt for the easy way out by paying for sex.

There is more in my e-book.

Also check a previous thread for insights https://www.nairaland.com/2973488/how-easily-make-niaja-girl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Pavore9: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2016
In Nigeria today any work na work!

3 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2016
You think 90% of Nigerians are doing what they like ni?
Everything is just so messed up in thi country jare.

4 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by lifezone247(m): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2016
eleojo23:

10 likes at once? shocked
Not possible.
but u knw this post deserves it?

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by akpur1(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2016
A

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by confirmerg(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2016
nice writeup

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by menxer: 7:23am On Jun 14, 2016
The topic is paradoxical, getting a job inherently means working, and how can you not work for a day in your life after choosing/getting a job?

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by wrahzaq(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2016
On point

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Rexnegro(m): 7:24am On Jun 14, 2016
The truth is Not in This economic recession somebody go dey reason all those @op...

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by gidimasters(m): 7:24am On Jun 14, 2016
check my signature

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Freiburger(m): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2016
sigiyaya:
The problem is that there is no job in Nigeria undecided undecided
Interesting...
I never knew cheesy
Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by bamite(m): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2016
Yeah right!

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by alphaconde(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
1. "Does this job inspire me?”
2. “What am I passionate about?”
3. “Does this job align with me?” Consider your values and your personality.
4. “What are my strengths?” It's no secret that we excel at things we are good at.
5. “Does this job environment support me?” Some jobs involve travelling while some don't. Do you enjoy travelling? Some environments are purely entrepreneurial, some embrace diversity, some are extremely conservative etc. You need to determine which environment is right for you and you for it.
6. “Can I do it for free and be happy doing it?”

for you to answer these questions you may just starting up a business for yourself, when you work for someone these things cant be complete

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Proffdada: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Exponental(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
hmmmn

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Odunharry(m): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2016
Hmm... A job you love.
Sadly, options are limited..
Chose any job that comes your way as long as you are happy with it..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV / Keystone Bank Entry Level Interview 2018 / FG To Recruit 17,000 Youths For Road Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.