Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment (30606 Views)

Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women / Fashola , Tambuwal Launch Sokoto Disco’s Mass Meter Deployment / Lai Mohammed, Fashola And Fayemi At FEC Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Harbdulrasaq(m): 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
The honourable minister of power, works and housing Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN has launched a Mass Meter Deployment at the Kabuga business unit, Kano on Monday 13, June2016.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/photos-minister-babatunde-fashola.html

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Is it just kanõ alone?What a SAN.

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
It's Only In Nigeria A Lawyer Can Be The Minister Of Power. What An Embarrassment To All The Qualified Engineer In The Country.

Waiting For The Zombies To Tell Me Buhari's Applied Wisdom In His Ministerial Selection. What A Daft Man, A Real Disgrace To The Emblem Of Democracy

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
He can't fix the epileptic power supply rather.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by rottennaija(m): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeastAmbition:
It's Only In Nigeria A Lawyer Can Be The Minister Of Power. What An Embarrassment To All The Qualified Engineer In The Country.

Waiting For The Zombies To Tell Me Buhari's Applied Wisdom In His Ministerial Selection. What A Daft Man, A Real Disgrace To The Emblem Of Democracy

What are you?

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by rottennaija(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
Why are these meters on electric poles? Why not make this meter smart, in such a way that they can be monitored remotely so that the meters will be mounted on people's home?

The technology for smart prepared meters is there, is cheap and has been tested and proven. Besides, it will provide more jobs for the data processors that will be on those work station monitoring the system, those that pay,those connecting illegally etc. Besides, the meters are theirs, whatever investment they have put into it, in the course of 5 to 6 years, they will get it back.

What I see now is a short cut that will affect us years to come. Short cut or this quick has not really gotten us anywhere in this country. When Nigeria wanted electricity, instead of doing the right thing with underground wiring as is done in countries that are successful, they choose the cheap option of surface wiring with electric poles, despite the money they had and today, we are still suffering from that decision

[b]
All I am saying is that we need to learn from our past mistakes. Let's do the right thing. If we are metering electricity, let do it well. Let's use smart prepared meters, that enables 2 way communication. That way, the remote monitoring can detect when meters are tampered with, when meters are looped and can simple send teams there to verify.

I also said, that the technology is there, it cheap and proven to be working. If it is done this way, the whole idea of putting meters on electric poles to avoid bypassing will be gone, besides, it will give the customer the flexibility of choosing which phase he or she will use.

I also meant, that in the long run, we will start complaining of how dirty and disorganized it is to be hanging meters on electric poles, and then connecting communication wires to the monitoring unit.

My whole point is, it is a short cut to solve our metering problem. Why not do the right even though it will cost much and avoid trying to solve the problems that will come from this short cut tomorrow? [/b]

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Onix01: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
My simple question is how can a country of over 180million find it difficult to get seasoned professionals in managing science oriented ministries. We don't need people that will be speaking English day in day out but practical professionals that will hit the ground running. Left to me the COREN, NIA, NSE, CORBON should all bury their heads in shame as they cannot protest and reject such appointment. Fashola might be a shadow of himself throughout the 4yrs as his position is overwhelming for his capacity.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
rottennaija:

What are you?
Please, don't patronise me with useless questions. Thanks.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by ikennaoma(m): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeastAmbition:

office of the minister is purely an administrative position. nebo and nnaji who was engr's what impact did they make? what I am after is whoever is there should do his best to put smile on our face.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by rottennaija(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
Onix01:
My simple question is how can a country of over 180million find it difficult to get seasoned professionals in managing science oriented ministries. We don't need people that will be speaking English day in day out but practical professionals that will hit the ground running. Left to me the COREN, NIA, NSE, CORBON should all bury their heads in shame as they cannot protest and reject such appointment. Fashola might be a shadow of himself throughout the 4yrs as his position is overwhelming for his capacity.

This isn't an issue of what certificate you have in engineering. The problem of power in Nigeria doesn't need a genius like you claim. If it was so, the former minister of power should have gotten it right. He was there and couldn't.

You need to understand that with so many vested interested. So, what it takes is someone that can coordinate and manage this vested egos.

Fashola ones said that a transmission line had to be build from one location to another but there was a telecom mask along the way and because they the ministry of power couldn't have an understanding with the telecom company, the transmission line was left for more than 2 years and nothing done to it.

But all he had to do was call the owner of the telecom company and they spoke like friends and it yielded the needed result. In 2 weeks, the telecom mask was move from there, and the transmission line continued,since it was actually easier to change the location of the telecom mask than changing the direction of the transmission line.

So, it not about science or engineering, it about making people to see reasons with you why they should allow pipelines to be and not blow them, or why they should allow transmission line pass through the farmland that their great grand father left for them and many more

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by deking(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
Many people comment on what they don't know jack about.

Administration is not necessarily about the field you studied. Most of the issues that have plagued the power sector apart from self inflicted ones from corruption and vandalism are legal issues.

People should understand that there are technical people in the ministries who brief the minister on a regular basis. Moreover, the ministry is more of a regulator now.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Immunity1(f): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeastAmbition:

to what extent you are right but if fashola is a igbo you would have not uttered such statement what hypocrite

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
ikennaoma:

office of the minister is purely an administrative position. nebo and nnaji who was engr's what impact did they make? what I am after is whoever is there should do his best to put smile on our face.

My Point Is Fashola Is Not Fit To Be The Minister Of Power, Whether It's An Administrative Post Or Not.

Waiting For Fashola To Put Smile On Our Face Is Like Waiting For The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ grin

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Immunity1:
to what extent you are right but if fashola is a igbo you would have not uttered such statement what hypocrite

Wow!.
The basis of your conjecture is wrong. Why assume you know the basis of my reasoning without knowing me?
You are only projecting, which shows the bedrock of your thinking, your suspicions nature is an indication of who you are - Insecured Bi*tch.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by AZeD1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Dude stop embarrassing yourself. The power ministers of France, England, China and Russia are not engineers, they didn't even study a science related course.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by diegwu01: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
Onix01:

You need a Seasoned leader to manage the Power ministry, There are hundreds of Professions and Disciplines involved in the Ministry not just Engineering.

15 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Koleman(m): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
AZeD1:

Dude stop embarrassing yourself. The power ministers of France, England, China and Russia are not engineers, they didn't even study a science related course.
dont mind de otondo. Him still get pikin brain.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
AZeD1:

Thanks for the lecture. That's the main reason why Nigeria will forever remain enslaved by the west, since people like you think we must always follow/do whatever they do.. They ain't engineers, accepted - but they are more than capable because they performed beyond expectation in comparison with your demi-god fashola.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by AZeD1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Thanks for the lecture. That's the main reason why Nigeria will forever remain enslaved by the west, since people like you think we must always follow/do whatever they do.. They ain't engineers, accepted - but they are more than capable because they performed beyond expectation
Admit you're are wrong, there's no shame in that.
Your statement was
It's Only In Nigeria A Lawyer Can Be The Minister Of Power.
I proved you wrong with four of the most advanced countries in the world.
Oh and China is not in the West neither is Russia.

Besides, you are the one who thought every other country in world has an engineer as it power minister.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
AZeD1:

Admit you're are wrong, there's no shame in that.
Your statement was
It's Only In Nigeria A Lawyer Can Be The Minister Of Power.
I proved you wrong with four of the most advanced countries in the world.
Oh and China is not in the West neither is Russia.

Besides, you are the one who thought every other country in world has an engineer as it power minister.

keep on deluding yourself.

You proved me wrong as how? are the people you mentioned lawyers? please stop fooling yourself. You have the right to interpret my comment anyhow you like but please for hells-sake don't patronize me with brainless mentions again. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
Onix01:
what the power sector needs is someone with administrative tendencies, not really an engineer. How have the engineers of the past faired? You guys should exercise patience. Those that put him there saw his performance in lagos before doing that. The DGs and MDs are actually the ones who are professionals in the field, but an administrator guides and regulates. It's almost like saying why should a cattle herder be president over the executive, legislative and judiciary. Administrative skills is what is needed to run the power sector cos we already have engineers who lack guidance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
Meter to measure what? Darkness?Fashola is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by chiedu7: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
Meter to be measure what air or price of Garri or is it the price of dollar

If Power Generation is Zero, what are you measuring?

Is that the priority now?

No wonder Nigeria is in wahala. angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by firstolalekan(m): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
[sub][/sub]
Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by SageTravels: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
In fela's voice Lawyer wey the do like carpenter na----*----*--***-- complete am
Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by danasjoe1: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeastAmbition:

not only that,is only in nigeria that one can become a president without no certificate...I no call person name o!!!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Johnbosco77(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
who does it EPP
Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by CHANNELStv2020: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
Who the meter don epping?WE NEED FEDERALISM PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
grin
Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeastAmbition:

A minister manages. You don't have to be an engineer to be the minister of power. All he has to do is coordinate, oversee and implement.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment by Safemode(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Patience Jonathan To Run For Senate In 2019" - @JajaPhD / U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts / Photos Of Peter Obi At Holy Ghost Adoration Ministry's Cross Over Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.