Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:48 PM

Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report (51667 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke's Lagos Properties In Pictures - EFCC / Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Diezani Alison- Madueke Walking On The Street Of London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Talk2Talk: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
Rossikk:
Why did your heroine not protest over the $115 million scandal where numerous election officials and bankers have named her as the distributor of the funds, and have been returning money she disbursed to them through her son? Money meant to bribe them to rig elections in Jonathan's favour? Why has she been SILENT on that? Or perhaps her Shell salary paid the $115 million too?

Don't mind them ...they talk before they think. Lemming blind tin heads...smh

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Rossikk(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
hakim92:

The woman is just rambling and skirting the main issue, what she has just done is that she has given us the elucidation of her CV, she didn't tell us how she came about her wealth.
I didn't see how her CV translated to such unaccountable wealth.
Don't mind her. She really takes Nigerians for fools. We are supposed to shut up because she mentions Cambridge and Howard universities, as if those institutions hand you billions of dollars upon graduation.

3 Likes

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Akainzo(m): 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Taking 1$ = 200 For Minimum
$2m * 200 = #200,000,000
$17m * 200 = #3,400,000,000
Lets Say She Has Been Working For 10years Now And Her Salary Was #2million I No No How Much Them Day Pay Minister
That Is=
2000000*360*10=#7,200,000,000
That's 7.2 Billion Naira For 10years And Am Sure She Has More Than This In He Account

The above is what happens when you are told to pay attention in class but you are busy dreaming about the yahoo boy down the road.

$2m * 200 = 400,000,000.00
$17m *200 =3,400,000,000.00
Total is #3.8 Billion Naira.

The Ministers Salary in Nigeria is officially about #2Mln, plus allowances will take it to Max #5Mln and it is per annum! That would imply maximum of 50,000,000 (and that is if she saved every single kobo, ministers pay is here: https://www.naij.com/638102-revealed-much-buharis-ministers-will-earn-yearly.html)

So 10 years work at 5 Million per annum = 5,000,000 *10 = 50,000,000
Scratch that and let's be super generous, multiply that by 10! Lets say the margin of error is 1000% so therefore for the 10 years as a Minister, her maximum, earnings is #500Million!

She was an Executive Director in SHELL NIGERIA and not Shell Worldwide in 2006. Her take home pay for the Max 2 years will be #100million

This implies that for her Executive Director and Ministers work, her Top Ceiling earnings is #600,000,000.00
Now compare that to the #3,800,000,000.00.

That is a massive difference of #3,200,000,000.00; #3.2Bln

If we correct the Value of the assets for inflation and thus use 120/$ That is a difference of #1.92Billion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Rossikk(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
Talk2Talk:
PLZ FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE ON THE DEFENSIVE : IF U CLAIM SHE SHOULD HAVE THAT MUCH ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
HOW MUCH DOES A MINISTER LEGITIMATELY EARN PER ANNUM ?
HOW MUCH DO EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS OF SHELL EARN PER ANNUM ?
WHAT ARE THE ALLEGED INVESTMENTS ? (she has not mentioned any)
WHAT IS THE WORTH OF THE HUSBAND BEFORE SHE STARTED SERVING IN PUBLIC OFFICES ? (Plz while calculating do not include embezzled money)
UNTIL YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND DO THE MATH SHUT UP AND STOP SPECULATING DANGEROUSLY...
IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA AND OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES THAT PUBLIC SERVANTS GET THIS FILTHY RICH IN SERVICE...haba!
It is not only in Africa bro. The Malaysian president is under investigation for stealing over a billion dollars. India, Russia, Pakistan, Mexico etc are well known for high level corruption.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mynd44:
The market women in Bodija market(Ibadan) sweat for those things they wear. They dont have corruption charges on their backs, they were not oil ministers when oil sold for the highest and money started growing wings.

Do not insult Ibadan women, they might sound/look razz but they have honor and pride in not having their names smeared in thievery.

Madam, they wear gold yes, but they also have honor.

I guess you are a MOD on the forum.

Do you know being partisan or opinionistic undermines your neutrality status ?

One monicker just got banned for 2 weeks for saying one word " Mumu. What are the criteria for determining lenght of ban ?

Please i am not related to this woman diezanni and i even joined people calling for her sack under Jonathan because i didnt just like her face. Dont know why. But i just discovered that since she left the ministry of peteoleum, things have gone from bad to worse, pump price of fuel jumped from N87 to N300 and now back to N145. Like or hate her, she knows and did her work better than the current minister of petroleum. Her output was visible and positive.

Placing her in my shoes, sometimes i remember when certain persons hated me for no just cause, gossiped and told lies about me to feel good about themselves. I also remember bosses who maltreated me while working under them for reasons best known to them, maybe they didnt like my face or they were threatened by my personality or dexterity on the job.

What am i trying to say ?

Diezanni Alison Madueke is human like you and deserves fair hearing..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by xcuggsm(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
[color=006600]STILL WATCHING
WHATERVER BUHARI/EFCC DECIDE TO DO TO DEZIANI SHOULD EQUALLY APPY TO BARKINDO THE PAST NNPC GROUP MANAGING DIRECTOR
[/color]
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Akainzo:

The above is what happens when you are told to pay attention in class but you are busy dreaming about the yahoo boy down the road.

$2m * 200 = 400,000,000.00
$17m *200 =3,400,000,000.00
Total is #3.8 Billion Naira.

The Ministers Salary in Nigeria is officially about #2Mln, plus allowances will take it to Max #5Mln and it is per annum! That would imply maximum of 50,000,000 (and that is if she saved every single kobo, ministers pay is here: https://www.naij.com/638102-revealed-much-buharis-ministers-will-earn-yearly.html)

So 10 years work at 5 Million per annum = 5,000,000 *10 = 50,000,000
Scratch that and let's be super generous, multiply that by 10! Lets say the margin of error is 1000% so therefore for the 10 years as a Minister, her maximum, earnings is #500Million!

She was an Executive Director in SHELL NIGERIA and not Shell Worldwide in 2006. Her take home pay for the Max 2 years will be #100million

This implies that for her Executive Director and Ministers work, her Top Ceiling earnings is #600,000,000.00
Now compare that to the #3,800,000,000.00.

That is a massive difference of #3,200,000,000.00; #3.2Bln

If we correct the Value of the assets for inflation and thus use 120/$ That is a difference of #1.92Billion.
Haha Person No Fit Make Mistake Again?? But Tanks For Corrections Sha
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
menstrualpad:
Diezani am with you don't mind them including mynd44.
Mynd44 your comment is preposterous and unbecoming...her ladyship diezani hasn't been put on trial and presumed innocent until a court of competent jurisdiction convicts her!... Maybe you don't know that Diezani was a Shell staff for over a decade and rose to become a director of that multinational corporation.... Or you are ignorant of the fact that she married a former military chieftain who's also a former minister under obj... Not done do you know she has always had a privileged background? Or maybe you forgot you bought fuel @ 87 naira under her watch!

Dont mind hypocrites..
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by waziri4biz: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
wristbangle:
Those still defending diezani are shameless people.
If you are not VERY SHAMELESS why will you support an anti graft agency with a media house defaming a high status nigerian without a court conviction do you knw that if they can do that to diezani there's no limit to what they can do to an ordinary nigerian who can barely afford a lawyer.Please stop letting these group of dulard/hypocrites brainwash you
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by waziri4biz: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
babadee1:

EFCC is waiting for you to send them a petition so that they can begin to investigate Fashola. I don't know why you're wasting time.
what did EFCC do with the petition against Amaechi up till now.How many things do they say about their findings.Buhari's government is an epitome of Hypocrisy and fantastic corruption.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by waziri4biz: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
diegwu01:
Since you have all the proof you need, Why dont you write a petition with concrete evidences to EFCC against those you've mentioned
oh sharrap
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Alezy(m): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
temitemi1:
Mr mynd44, u are jst one of those apc's zombies undecided undecided undecided undecided I'm expecting more ban from u, make it last for months this time pls cool cool
lolz...chaii, if no be say na sumtin ehn, I for like kiss you.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by bigdoo: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
'I studied architecture in England and obtained a bachelor’s degree from Howard University, United States of America in 1992. When I returned to Nigeria that same year, I joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation. In 2002, I obtained an MBA at Cambridge University, United Kingdom. In April 2006, I was appointed by Shell as the company’s first female Executive Director in Nigeria. In July 2007, I was appointed by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as Minister of Transport. The next year in December 2008 I became Minister of Mines and Steel Development'.

This woman will never seize to be arrogant. She is not the first person or woman to get a first degree or post graduate degree from the UK or the USA. She needs to be taught how to be humble. She feels that she is above everybody and the law of the land. I hope that she would be convicted and sent to jail. She started suffering from cancer immediately she lost her position as the petroleum minister under President Jonathan. How is fooling who?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by roolnaado(m): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
[b][/b]
Mynd44:
The market women in Bodija market(Ibadan) sweat for those things they wear. They dont have corruption charges on their backs, they were not oil ministers when oil sold for the highest and money started growing wings.

Do not insult Ibadan women, they might sound/look razz but they have honor and pride in not having their names smeared in thievery.

I approve this message by coolscott:

Mynd44, as a moderator, you shouldn't have said this. Takes away from perceptions anyone who reads your comment might have had about the fairness of your activities as a moderator.
I have nothing against you, but I think for personal opinions, you should use another account, to preserve the image of nairaland moderators.
I say it would have been better for you not to reveal your political leanings using your account, but again, maybe it was good because at least now it gives us an insight into your mind.
Well, that's just me trying to make lemonade out of lemons.
The bottom line is making the comment you made here was bad judgement. And I think it will be fantastic to get another account through which you can neutrally spill your heart, thoughts or opinions as another nairalander without bringing the tag "nairaland moderator" into the mix[b]
Mynd44:

Mynd44, as a moderator, you shouldn't have said this. Takes away from perceptions anyone who reads your comment might have had about the fairness of your activities as a moderator.
I have nothing against you, but I think for personal opinions, you should use another account, to preserve the image of nairaland moderators.
I say it would have been better for you not to reveal your political leanings using your account, but again, maybe it was good because at least now it gives us an insight into your mind.
The bottom line is making the comment you made here was bad judgement. And I think it will be fantastic to get another account through which you can neutrally spill your heart, thoughts or opinions as another nairalander without bringing the tag "nairaland moderator" into the mix[/b]
Mynd44:

The bottom line is making the comment you made here was bad judgement. And I think it will be fantastic to get another account through which you can neutrally spill your heart, thoughts or opinions as another nairalander without bringing the tag "nairaland moderator" into the mix
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by AngelAhnie(f): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alezy:
lolz...chaii, if no be say na sumtin ehn, I for like kiss you.
you don already kss am
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by keally: 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mynd44:

. You are the worst illiterate I have ever seen, as for those giving you likes, their own case is irredeemable.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Alezy(m): 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
AngelAhnie:
you don already kss am
lolz....abi o.

I love that comment. The NL mods re now behaving like one semi God. Am not surprised anyway.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by babadee1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
waziri4biz:

what did EFCC do with the petition against Amaechi up till now.How many things do they say about their findings.Buhari's government is an epitome of Hypocrisy and fantastic corruption.

This is the thing. EFCC cannot probe everybody they only have so many employees and resources. For now the focus of their probes is limited to specific deals and contracts of which all the funds were looted at the Federal level. If you've noticed they haven't investigated any cases at the state levels yet. Perhaps as time goes on they will get to those investigations. Time will tell. Let us be patient.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by AngelAhnie(f): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alezy:
lolz....abi o.

I love that comment. The NL mods re now behaving like one semi God. Am not surprised anyway.
They ban me for saying 'let them do their thang' on one NDAs thread
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Alezy(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
AngelAhnie:
They ban me for saying 'let them do their thang' on one NDAs thread
So how is that sentence against any rule I don't even know if oga Seun is aware of what these guys are doing.

yes a referee can be a fan of a particular club but shouldn't take sides when giving verdict on the field of play.

these mods takes sides, ban u irrespective of u breaking any rule and the worse part is, you can't complain, To Who? You can't even kw who banned you. smh
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by flowgroup(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Did you read of the places she has worked and how many years. Who had ever occupied those positions and cannot afford those things?

What is your definition of hard work?

What level of stupidity is this...please what salary work can earn you a disposable income of $20 million to buy a house and jewelry, even the CEO shell international doesn't own or live in a house that expensive...even our ex-president doesn't have a house that expensive. If she is clean she should come to Nigeria and face EFCC in court

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Elliot2(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Beremx:
you have written well jare! don't mind the frustrated wailers. grin
na mumu dey worry u! so all those effort dem wey she put to go sch, no be hard work ba? y d market women too no go de sch? na only her corrupt cos she work hard use pen steal, all dos market women dem wey dey inflate prices dem anyhow no corrupt? gerrara hia mehn, shit!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Egabs(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mynd44:

You jst want to be 1st to comment now I see hw gollible must nigerians are meaning any body who has wrk wth the govt is corrupt or theif bah every human being buy thngs according to his or her status plsssss av sm sense o
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by armadeo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pavarottii:

Let's say that's even d amount of d house. That's 4billion naira. Not sure u even know wat it means to be executive director. All ur earnings in a year can be almost a billion sef. Go and ask well.

Dude don't talk like this. You actually a guy whose posts are intelligent. Nobody earns a billion a year anywhere in thys country through legal means except the me gas like Dangote et al.

An E.d is shell doesn't earn that I know of 2 personally. 18millions dollars in no joke.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by armadeo(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Goke7:
Diezani is trying hard to use her previous working experience in shell to justify her looting. I don't blame her though, I blame gullible Nigerians especially those supporting her who feel that those working in shell are rich like Bill gates.

Arrant nonsense.

The glory days of shell are gone. When she'll was shell I knew a lot of folks who worked there in top positions and they isn't earn this amounts being bandied about.

It's laughable. Nigeria is full of bufoons. Many clowns abound.

She'll my foot. I wish she'll would openly reveal how much she earned as a worker then how much she earned as a minister and how much her businesses earned let's know her true worth.

Nigerians are used to hearing million and billions that it appears small to them they do not understand the true meaning of that amount of cash.

They understand 5k.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by armadeo(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
ephi123:
EFCC should please collate their evidence and take this woman to a court of law so that this issue can be closed once and for all.

For those talking about credentials, is there anywhere it is written that a person that is highly educated with great credentials cannot abuse their positions? Can we please be OBJECTIVE for once?! INTELLECT AND MORALS are not synonymous. Even Bank CEOs in the UK earning millions of pounds abuse office despite their private education and what not, so please leave that story.

If you want to read tis read the bolded. It's amazing nobody sees this
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by armadeo(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
erico2k2:

Well said but in this case,this was a former director in shell, hope you know what that means, they earn more than the senators in a month and Honest Money.

Nobody earns more than a nigerian senator in the world.

Note I said earns
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by frankyychiji(f): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mynd44:

You are just too tasteless for my liking. undecided

You are free to ban me for ever like you usually cowardly do when people disagree with you here, I won't loose sleep over it.

cc: Seun, lalasticlala
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by frankyychiji(f): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Beremx:
IS Fayose still owing you salaries? You better request for it.
Confused Zombie. See how fellow zombies ignore you undecided
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by frankyychiji(f): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
menstrualpad:

Berem will you please shut up!
I would rather you stuff the menstrual pad in her buccal cavity.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
kITATITA:
I didn't see anything from her CV to earn her $18 million house and $2 million jewelry. Just playing towards cancer pity.

The CEO of Shell earns $ 27 million per annum. Of course she's was never the CEO but for arguments sake a director earns up to half of that salary which is about $ 13.5 million dollars

Now she didn't retire from Shell, she left her role at Shell to work for Nigeria, so in your opinion will she leave Shell to earn lower?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
I hope diezani is really paying these e-warriors. If not, her wizardry is strong!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Angry Over The Treatment Of Corpers As INEC Ad-hoc Staff (videos, Pix) / Peter Obi Supporter Climbs Stadium Floodlight In Gombe (Photos) / Chris Ngige's Masquerade At His Father's Burial Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.