Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog (5004 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is The Cutest And Most Photogenic In Nigeria == Prove Me Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by obagoriola: 3:48am On Jun 16, 2016
nickyvil:
I'm a vet, would have tell you the medication to use but since your newbie and if you give this injection wrongly your dog might be stooling blood so the best to do is remove the ones you can and call your vet to do the rest.
thanks All the same
Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by nickyvil: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2016
obagoriola:
thanks All the same

Ur welcome
Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by barcaboi(m): 4:08am On Jun 17, 2016
that's fly worm; google cordylobia.....and u control it by controlling flies....dogs without fur are usually the target
Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by obagoriola: 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Appreciation to all for your contribution. My dog is now better. I got iverctmetin oral solution at 0.7ml dose. Washed the body with cypermethrin 10% and also disinfect it's house
Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by All4good: 3:18am On Jul 06, 2016
obagoriola:
Appreciation to all for your contribution. My dog is now better. I got iverctmetin oral solution at 0.7ml dose. Washed the body with cypermethrin 10% and also disinfect it's house
Nice you came back with the solution that finally got your dog treated and I see it's in line with @ike4god advice.
Ivermectin is a treatment for various types of worm. Please keep your dog on regular deworming plan to avoid this and zillions of other worm infestation. Cheers

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by obagoriola: 7:14am On Jul 06, 2016
All4good:

Nice you came back with the solution that finally got your dog treated and I see it's in line with @ike4god advice.
Ivermectin is a treatment for various types of worm. Please keep your dog on regular deworming plan to avoid this and zillions of other worm infestation. Cheers

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by pufframmy: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
good
obagoriola:
Re: How Do I Treat Maggots On My Dog by kingGoldust(m): 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Baroba:
Call your vet bro, unfortunately there are too many pre teens using there parents phone for NL, don't expect any sensible answers here...

so many sick people here ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy A Loyal Security: Pure German Rottweiler Puppies Available NOW!!! / My Dog Is Up For Adoption( Female German Shepard) / Boerboels Mating Pic. Puppies On The Way (IMAGES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.