Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards (46947 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi As Best Man To Celestine Omehia During Wedding (Throwback Photo) / Muhammadu Buhari With Commandant Of US Army War College In 1980 (Throwback Photo / Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by chimere66: 7:08am On Jun 14, 2016
A Nigerian Army officer, Charles Nengite, a colonel, at the weekend, beat 380 other postgraduate students to the top position at the U.S. War College (USAWC), Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

The information was obtained from the college website, posted on Monday.

Mr. Nengite’s performance was the best by any foreigner in 38 years in the college, the information added.

In one of several letters conveying his choice for the various awards, the Commandant of the college, Maj.-Gen. William Rapp, described Mr. Nengite’s performance as “arguably one of the best in the international fellows programmes at the USAWC”.

Mr. Rapp also said at the graduation ceremony of the college that Nigeria should be proud of Mr. Nengite and his compatriot in the Masters of Strategic Studies class, Col. Timothy Shipi.

He said “Shipi performed brilliantly”.

The breakdown obtained from the school’s website indicated that at the graduation of the 2015 class, Col. Nengite bagged six awards for outstanding performance in different courses.

He earned the Distinguished Graduate award reserved for the top five fellows in his class of 381 and also the Commandant’s award for distinction in research.

Mr. Nengite also received the USAWC recognition award for innovation in SHARP – Sexual Harassment and Response Programme and articulated a seminal paper – “I am your friend campaign’’ – strategy under the SHARP.

SHARP is considered of significant importance to the U.S. Army.

Mr. Nengite also received the 2nd best speaker award in the speaking competition in the 2016 class made up of 302 Americans and 79 other nationals in 73 other countries.

The Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, Gen. Mark Milley, who presided over the ceremony, told the audience that graduands of the college proceeded to occupy strategic leadership positions.

The USAWC was founded in 1901 to specifically cater for the strategic leadership training needs of the U.S. military.

Some of the prominent servicemen who had gone through USAWC in the past were President Muhammadu Buhari, Collin Powell, Dwight Eisenhower, George Patton and Norman Schwarzkopf.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/nigerian-colonelcharles-nengitebreaks.html

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by chimere66: 7:09am On Jun 14, 2016
Keep making Nigeria proud

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by wolextayo: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2016
chimere66:
Keep making Nigeria proud
like you know what's on my mind

19 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2016
Bigots trying to determine if "Nengite" is Yoruba or Igbo.

edoyad:
He is from Nembe, Bayelsa state

Lol. E pain them. But technically he's igbo na. Since Bayelsa is just a walkable distance from Abia State. So the igbos have this one.

*modified*
Turns out some people are taking my comment too seriously. First of....I don't care what tribe he is. Whether Yoruba, Igbo, Nembe Waterside, Amadiama creek, Westeros, Dathraki or Winterfell. Success is not tribe-dependent.

Funny enough my dad is Mbaise. Mumsy is Ijaw. And I was born in Ikorodu, Lagos. Bae is Efik speaking. And my closest sidekick is a Warri niqqa.

Y'all should go get circumcised or something.

230 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2016
Hooah!
Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by ReabridCharles(m): 7:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Old man, I think say na young boy.

Would have ordered EFCC and DSS to repatriate him to help us defeat NDA.

I know say him get amphibian training, unlike those kunu drinking ones we get her....

Kudos to him. Keep roaring.....

The West has imperialised us from every corner. God help us

3 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by 2undeee(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2016
All the best my brother in the army

3 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Pangea: 7:16am On Jun 14, 2016
If Nigerian government knows what they are doing?
This man should be made a general
Or else those fat and incompetent Buffoons will frustrate him out of the service.
Because of his competence, they will be afraid of him and according to the unwritten law, these people kill what they are afraid of.

21 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Dreal11247: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2016
At the moment, all we need to do is to strive for the best in this country. There are very few people up there. Nepotism cannot even work because you can't give out what you don't have.
Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by otukpo(f): 7:17am On Jun 14, 2016
Kudos to him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
Nigerians making us proud since 1900

2 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by newbornmacho(m): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
hahaha ...abi?

13 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by nduchucks: 7:20am On Jun 14, 2016
Another fine graduate of President Buhari's Alma Mata.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by edoyad(m): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2016
edoyad:

But Bros why? You should have allowed the Name Checkers crack their brains. Especially those not informed about the many tribes and tribal names in Nigeria.

23 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 14, 2016
Iyimbere eee.. bu kuroma e nate?

1 Like

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
He is from Bayelsa .

1 Like

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by ASL33: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2016
edoyad:
if so his retirement letter is at the point of entry waiting to be delivered.

4 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
see confusion for name checkers association. is 'nengite' Yoruba or Igbo
chaii see gobe

3 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Project400: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2016
This is so cool!
Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by White007(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2016
Bravo!
Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2016
i almost google that name

2 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 14, 2016
HassanTewogbade:
We yoruba muslims in collaboration with fulani in Army will ensure that Nengite from Bayelsa is kicked out from the nigeria army. We don't want intelligent southern christian army officers. We want quota system fulani generals and officers so that we can consolidate our Islamic grip on the nigeria army.

Nengite is joining GEJ in otueke when he comes insha Allahu. The Army belongs to we muslims!
Bros abeg stop. Abi you no hear big Bros say make una cease fire.

11 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Segadem(m): 8:29am On Jun 14, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

But Bros why? You should have allowed the Name Checkers crack their brains. Especially those not informed about the many tribes and tribal names in Nigeria.
hmmmmm,
pls don't break our brain oh! grin

1 Like

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by enyice(m): 8:30am On Jun 14, 2016
Congrats to you Col. Shippi.

I had figured it out all by myself when you were the Commandant of 311 artillery as a Lt. Col. In Vulcans Barracks, Kontagora, Niger State.

I admired your sense of quality,
I equally admired your smartness,
I also admired your silver coloured E-class Benz,
I admired and still do admire a whole lot of things about you, no homo.

Keep soaring,
You will get there.

20 Likes

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by henrydadon(m): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2016
wink..finally an Israelite..with a good reputation..

na this kind news we go dey see for nairaland oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2016
39 0r 49 .....ehmmm congrats sha
Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2016
Name Checkers Association of Nigeria over to you.

1 Like

Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by ichommy(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2016
Nice wink
Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulovia Sir
Re: Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 14, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) / The Moment President Buhari Slammed Saraki And Dogara On Live TV (Photos) / FG Launches Improved NIN Slip, Mobile App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.