Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program (59548 Views)

N Power Program Official Secret Selection Criteria Revealed! / Facts You Need To Know About N-power / A Nairalander Has Been Selected For The N-power Program (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by charbens: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
I would say the best option here is to go for the N-power knowledge if you really want flexibility at the end of the programme.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by nkemjacob2(m): 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dis scheme no go reduce employment o, mke govt trained pple of various skils den deburst loans to pple wey get better biznesss plan after d training.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by macaranta(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Quite an eye opener

Teach part-time with my signature.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by iswallker(m): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
uc4uandc:
Am really worried cos bills have to be paid....23k isn't dope....why didn't dey reduce the number of ppl n pay like 50k.
This APC thing is still here to dciv us....Later dey will say they provided over 600,000 jobs for Graduates without stating how much they paid....stupid ppl
I still wonder why the FG didn't make it allowance instead of d "N-power" thing. Stand to be corrected though....for God sake, we served this country during our NYSC days....What do we get?
E dey pain me o.....the Government can do better, they just wanna control us.

myopic views... undecided

how about the skills that are being imparted in you through this program...

the skills i work with today...i payed to learn and develop them; you are being trained and paid for 2yrs so that you can develop skills that will make you stand on your own, yet you complain...

go get a life bro... grin

2 Likes

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Younggeneral: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=2dugged post=46558887]I nor go apply again then[/quote
see hw my Nigerian youth act som1 jus sit down n write rubish and u agree, ok why nt tink of it this way wat if the gov want to use the BVN to track those who are workin wit the govment and still wish to apply
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by dlashondra(f): 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
uc4uandc:
Its quite relieving after the FG announced the commencement of the N-power program as many unemployed graduated seemed hopeful. This program is said to absorb over 600,000 graduate. Nobody enjoys being unemployed though but, I want you to know how tired up you will be in this program once you are given the job.
Remember they requested for ur BVN?
This means that after you apply for the job, you will not be able to apply for other Government job thereafter. As it will read in there database that you are already employed at the Federal level, there is no flexible potting. A friend who works with with a Federal Secondary School shared how he went for an interview during the CBN recruitments and after performing excellently, they told him he had a Job under the same FG through his BVN. So, if you wish to apply for this job, consider not getting any other Federal Jobs. While this may be a way to reduce unemployment think of the implications it will have in your life.
Just like NYSC, you will be supervised, you will not be allowed to leave a particularly area. Really NYSC part II
You will be tired up with 23k for 2yrs.......reflect on that

thank you for this piece, now I understand it more. me wey get plan to join Nigerian army next year.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by greggng: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
I just need there first salary to enable me renew my passport. I ve no future in this land of the dead called naija
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by folks4luv(f): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ahmedie28:
U have applied , and trying to discourage others , that is very wicked of u , for ur information more than 400k graduate has already applied, so u are just wasting ur time with this ur stupid & baseless writeup.
I didn't see what op said as a discouragement, it's an exposition, better to count the cost and no the implications before venturing into something, what about those that are processing employment with d FG but wish to register for this pending the time it will click, isn't it better to know before hand than to later blame the govt for not providing enough info? just broaden your mind a little.

2 Likes

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Are the other programs that last 3 months paid or no salary?
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by dickson2000(m): 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
uc4uandc:
Its quite relieving after the FG announced the commencement of the N-power program as many unemployed graduated seemed hopeful. This program is said to absorb over 600,000 graduate. Nobody enjoys being unemployed though but, I want you to know how tired up you will be in this program once you are given the job.
Remember they requested for ur BVN?
This means that after you apply for the job, you will not be able to apply for other Government job thereafter. As it will read in there database that you are already employed at the Federal level, there is no flexible potting. A friend who works with with a Federal Secondary School shared how he went for an interview during the CBN recruitments and after performing excellently, they told him he had a Job under the same FG through his BVN. So, if you wish to apply for this job, consider not getting any other Federal Jobs. While this may be a way to reduce unemployment think of the implications it will have in your life.
Just like NYSC, you will be supervised, you will not be allowed to leave a particularly area. Really NYSC part II
You will be tired up with 23k for 2yrs.......reflect on that
And who told u that all the unemployed youths would be employed by the federal government? undecided
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by jtcospwa: 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
I believe you are doing fine. Please I need your support on this

VOTE VOTE VOTE (Joshua Pwavodi)
My idea "Do you know Neem seed saves life?)" was nominated for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition in the Best Idea 2016 category. Please read my idea and I would be happy if you support my idea with comments and votes! Using this link

https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/ideas/4/3490/

You can support my idea by
SCROLL TO THE COMMENT area and click the VOTE NOW tab
a) voting for it
b) commenting and giving positive feedback
c) tell your friends about it to do the same by voting.
Thanks for your support and God bless you. I need your vote and that of your friends to win.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by brainy02: 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
It is so basic and simple, with over sixty million youths in this country just 500 thousand people are needed tells the whole story. Meaning there is even limited spaces. Some graduates are just so frustrated they would jump at 15k job per month that would not build or improve their knowledge afterall.

The guy(op) might be insightful or maybe it just his personal opinion but trust me what they need is just less than 3% of Nigerian youths and they would get more than requested that a screening process might even come into place. 400k applicants in 36hrs is a testament. It would reach a million at the end of the process.

Bottom line is that somebody is desperately in need of that thing u are rejecting

1 Like

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Truth801(m): 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Ur comment makes me laugh...
I stay at home all day (most times in my music Studio built in front of my house)...
I make nothing less than 120k a month (worst scenario) since March that I started fiverr... This earning is after I have deducted the cost of running generator 24/7, data for Internet and miscellaneous as I have a family.

Most people might wonder what I do in my studio with generator all day without seeing artists often in my studio... They will never know until I blow... grin grin grin

Now tell me which kain curse go make me go put my head for this Npower rubbish...

Nigerian youths and mostly graduates should open their eyes to opportunities. shocked
please can you enlighten me on fiverr. I will really appreciate it. this is my email just in case u need it eghosakelly@gmail.com thanks a lot
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by K9blunt(f): 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
erico2k2:

Seriously is this a Job opportunity or training??

Job opportunity
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
This is a very welcoming development. Some graduates rely on 10k per month for survival.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Lifehack: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
how to apply for Npower programe for employment of 500,000 Nigerians

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYk_CMcZD4M[/flash]
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Akinz0126(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
Yksoul:
I BEG DONT MIND THIS @uc4uandc SCAMMER,WHAT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVEP STAYED AT HOME FOR 4YEARS WITHOUT ANY JOB? AND SOME THAT HAVE ARE TEACHING IN SCHOOLS COLLECTING 19K.PLEASE, PEOPLE HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE.@UC4UANDC,WHILE YOU DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM TAKING CHANCES,DO YOU HAVE BETTER OPTION FOR THEM OR DO YOU HAVE JOBS SOMEWHERE TO GIVE THEM?

Abeg Nce cert too fit apply ba?
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nafizzey(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
mbatuku2:
Are the other programs that last 3 months paid or no salary?
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by charlycharles(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
BVN just a primary key to check multiple registration and identity theft. tanx

1 Like

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=Franklyf post=46563096][/quote]. My dear nothing shameful here, where shame exist is in 99% unemployed graduates roaming round streets collecting pocket money from their parents after the whole rigorous "storeys" climbed in the name of acquiring certificate for a future greener pasture. Believe me broda, this is a welcome development, this is a kind of training and paying you, if yu were given 10k monthly during ur university days apart from ur parents or guardians care bros won't yu had appreciates that. In as much as i don't support the lashing mouth" of lai mohammed claiming they are doing well in job creation ontop this hardship nigerians are facing today, this program is beautiful and commendable if its allowed to fulfill its purpose. Stop discouraging homeseat warmers its not the best.. "Half a bread is better than none". We need to cater for our toiletries not "tapping" frm aunty and mama..get sense o

1 Like

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Kamdex(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
Haba!!!! Op y re u discouragin pple?....if u dnt kno much abt somfin,z beta u inquiry abt it b4 u comment.....ds z somfin i took ma tym 2 go tru b4 applyin.....It stated dat itz for d duration of 2yrs and u can pursue any oda job opportunity within d service,if u get beta offer den u can terminate d N-Power stuff.......Ma dear brodas and 6*s grab d opportunity b4 it wil b 2 late **Half bread z beta dan none**....beta stil dan being in a private sch 7am-2pm (no restin on desk wen tired,attendance takin evryday,no lateness 2 sch,anyfin afta 8am na deductn of ur salary,no lateness 2 class,absentin 4m sch na wahala ) all for 10k.........D best z yet 2com our ways Inshaa Allah......***I BELIEVE IN A BETA NIGERIA WIF PMB as PRESIDENT....SO God help him **Ameen
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Gisthaphy(f): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
I prefer Tony Elumelu entrepreneurial contest to this one. Though people should apply oh. The site sef is not going on chrome and opera. People plenty for d site.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by HazzanTazzan(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Truth801:
please can you enlighten me on fiverr. I will really appreciate it. this is my email just in case u need it eghosakelly@gmail.com thanks a lot

No one can teach u how fiverr works..
All u have to do is be ready to follow steps and ask questions in an open field... That's the best way to make it in online jobs..

Read this thread from first page. Set up ur profile.. skip the rest of the pages to important places after ur profile has been set up according to the instructions on first page...
https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2/88#46566405
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Marvinspeed(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
This is N-power is a drug not a cure for unemployment.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Theonlyway: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
Don't let us be fooled by politicians. Government cannot create jobs and has never been able to do so. Creating an enabling environment has been a difficult task for them over the years. Managing common assets in the country have been like getting to Everest. Now you want them to create jobs that they could not create when they had all the money. For many years they have not be able to fully implement a simple budget. I laugh at those who want to put their future in hands of a government whose hands are already full with inabilities. Too much crisis to chew. Dwindling revenue from oil, crashing tax revenue from power starved companies who can longer make enough profit to pay tax and low VAT from low purchasing power of consumers. Need I say more?
I know you are comfortable with news likes, “400,000 Registrations In 36 Hour at the just opened Nigeria Government Job site” or “Over 500,000 candidates apply for police job”. That is just to exposed the desperation of Nigerians who are unemployed and the thousands who have just lost their jobs these past months. It could be an opportunity for scammers both in government quarters and in the public domain. We did not start today to hear of Customs, Immigration, Quarantine, NDLEA, DSS, Police and the Federal Civil Service recruitment programmes. In fact, that of custom is almost every month and they still don’t have enough staff to man their different positions. Who is deceiving who?
I will prefer government focus on their area of expectation. creating an enabling environment and watch people like Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Hope Eno, (you can put your name here) Unilever, PZ, Shoprite, Justrite, Mr Biggs’ Alaba International market and thousands of small businesses who employ one to ten persons to thrive and create more sustainable jobs. Yes, the government can make the noise and give empty promises on jobs, but we all know where that always end. The immigration Job saga is still by the corner, yet to enter the history books. Let us not bite our fingers twice. Our generation must not be taken for a ride. Give us the opportunity and will beat the skies. Time to create our own future. Don’t wait for government. More on creating jobs on 08023982600

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by elisra(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
I refused to be numbered among the six hundred zombies. This is the most heartless government in the history of homosapiens.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Moyosoreola(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Some people are born to discourage others in life while they always wish to have it all...such people are refer to as being rapacious,and that is what the "op" is.
To the miopic few that are supporting the "op" I am certain most of you will still apply after much ado, as you will later realised there is no certainty to the fake theory profounded by the propagandist "op".
I am worried why a youth would be reasoning in a retrogressive manner...To the optimistic majority please do apply.

1 Like

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by shaqhead: 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Ur comment makes me laugh...
I stay at home all day (most times in my music Studio built in front of my house)...
I make nothing less than 120k a month (worst scenario) since March that I started fiverr... This earning is after I have deducted the cost of running generator 24/7, data for Internet and miscellaneous as I have a family.

Most people might wonder what I do in my studio with generator all day without seeing artists often in my studio... They will never know until I blow... grin grin grin

Now tell me which kain curse go make me go put my head for this Npower rubbish...

Nigerian youths and mostly graduates should open their eyes to opportunities. shocked
Its not enough for you to come online and castigate a policy and brag about how much you make just cos you are way above doin it, have u helped anyone out?

There are folks who cant afford data of 1k per month, talk more of owning a laptop and doing gigs like u do on fiverr!

I was once there! I had to teach for 18k to raise funds to start my first blog and along the line I got a well paying gig as a Search Engine Evaluator with Appen for bing! I also do gigs on upwork!

Life is stratified and 23k will be a big boost to their income. They are not spendin their whole life on 23 but any smart folk out shd think of saving to start somthin when it all ends. Discouraging comments like yours is not necessary!

1 Like

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by people3: 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thank you for the info ...... Cos of hw much 23k for 2yrs and I sense it d BvN of a thing, I will not be able to get another federal jobs ... I am not Interested.. Shikena
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by barcaboi(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
stop showing ur ignorance. ..find out from those working under the government for decades ot have retired..
1. who works for the government and then apply for other government jobs?....are you high?
2.it didn't start now....my mum has been in the federal civil service for years and its the same
3. when you don't know something, you ask and get enlightened instead of showing gullibility and trying to whip up sentiments. ....even state jobs follow same pattern
4. BVN can be used to know if the person is truly unemployed and not someone greedy that wants to combine 3 jobs at once. ..where do these children crawl out from....damn....I was born into d federal system so I know...as anybody
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by fridayj(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
see trap..:-for where

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment 2020/2021 Begins - How To Apply / This Type Of Resume Can Get You Interview Invites. Stand Out!!! / Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.