Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls (1117 Views)

Sepp Blatter: "Nigeria Will Be A Troublemaker At Russia 2018 World Cup" / Hope Solo Accuses Sepp Blatter Of Sexual Assault / 2015 World Cup Winner Hope Solo Accuses Sepp Blatter Of Sexual Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by Segadem(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2016
Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter said that he has witnessed draws for European football competitions that were rigged using the "hot and cold balls" method.
Blatter claims no draw for any FIFA event has ever been fixed in his 18 years as the head of the world's governing body, but the same cannot be said about European competitions.
While he did admit he had the power to affect such draw fixes, Blatter insisted it was never carried out at FIFA, even though he knew of the method which was used in such cases.
"There was only one person who had that power in Europe," Blatter told La Nacion. "[Former UEFA president from 1973-83] Artemio Franchi used to do that for the club tournament draws.
"I did not do that for the World Cup in 1978. But with my magic, I could do anything. Once again, I am joking. The draw was honest down to the last detail.
"I never touched the balls, something that other people did. Of course, you can rig them by making them hot or cold."
When pressed on how the draws were rigged to favour certain clubs or countries, the Swiss explained the exact method in which the draw balls come into play.
"Of course it is technically possible," Blatter said. "This did not happen in FIFA but I have been witness to draws at the level of Europe, at which it happened.
"But never in FIFA. Of course it can be done but in my case it never happened, never.
"Before the draw you put the balls in the freezer. Then when you touch them you can determine which ones are cold or hot. By touching them you know what you have.
Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by Segadem(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2016
Hmmmm, corruption everywhere
Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by SuperSuave(m): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2016
No wonder Madrid strolled to the UCL cup

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by sharpk007(m): 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Corruption everywhere
Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by Owobobrown(m): 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
Coming from St. Sepp blatter
Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by Icon79(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
SuperSuave:
No wonder Madrid strolled to the UCL cup

Go check my twitter timeline. I called all the Real Madrid opponents, from the quarter finals onwards, at least 24 hours before the official drawing. The system is so rigged out that I no longer take UEFA (and FIFA) serious. Even the officiating at this EURO championship appeared rigged to me as well. Go back and watch Portugal versus Croatia game, then tell me how Portugal didn't get yellow cards for all those crazy tackles, when most countries would've received a few red cards. Then Wales best player, Aaron Ramsey, was given a yellow card for a trivial hand ball towards the end of the game against Belgium just to rule him out of the match vs Portugal!

It's outrageous!

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by Segadem(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2017
Icon79:

Go check my twitter timeline. I called all the Real Madrid opponents, from the quarter finals onwards, at least 24 hours before the official drawing. The system is so rigged out that I no longer take UEFA (and FIFA) serious. Even the officiating at this EURO championship appeared rigged to me as well. Go back and watch Portugal versus Croatia game, then tell me how Portugal didn't get yellow cards for all those crazy tackles, when most countries would've received a few red cards. Then Wales best player, Aaron Ramsey, was given a yellow card for a trivial hand ball towards the end of the game against Belgium just to rule him out of the match vs Portugal!

It's outrageous!
Hmmnm
Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by smartnero24(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
Everyone or at least most people know these draws are fixed. Uefa makes more money from certain teams just like FIFA
Re: Sepp Blatter Claims Europeans Draws Were Rigged By Manipulating Balls by Icon79(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yup. It's fixed.

Let me surprise you by predicting that it's going to be [b]Barca vs PSG [/b]in this next UCL quarter finals. And Real Madrid would get the weakest opponent left at that stage. Book mark this page and revisit it after the draws.

O pari

Segadem:
Hmmnm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Newly 100% Working Sport Bet Winning Strategy / Governor Wike To Set Up Real Madrid Football Academy In Rivers State / Match Of The Day Analysis: Man Utd Vs Man City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.