Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... (1188 Views)

ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) / Are U Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Ask Me Questions / Project Management Professional (PMP) Lectures Will Be Going On Here...join Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by proddey(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Are you preparing to take the Project Management Professional Exam?? This is the place to be.

The Project Management Professional (PMPĀ®) certification is a qualification program overseen by the Project Management Institute (PMI).

I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos on May 7th 2016 as CBT has been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now, and I passed at first attempt! I'm here to assist those who are also seeking to obtain this global certification.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide/ daily time table and was reading for about 5-6 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials I used
I used Rita Mulcahy's book "PMP Exam Prep" which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the PM prepcast videos by Cornelius Fitchner and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very very good and I strongly recommend them to anyone preparing to take the exam. The advantages of studying with the audio and video materials is that they help to minimize your study time and are specially designed for busy people who do not have much time to be reading through volumes of literature.

I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a reference guide. The PMBOK guide in itself is inadequate as it only covers about 70% of the curriculum of the PMP exam. You'll need to use additional materials as well.

I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%. There are lots of tips, tricks and secrets for preparing and getting the answers right in the exam which I learnt from the study materials I used.

Total Cost of the exam and preparation

PMI membership registration - $139
PMP exam fees - $250 (for paper based test)

Overall I spent about 240k for the PM education training, exam fees, registration as PMI member, study materials etc. But you don't have to spend that much as I am here to guide you. But you will still have to budget at least 150k to the minimum.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I might not pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to take the exam anyway based on what I had studied so far. I visited the exam venue 3 days before the exam to be sure of the exact location of the venue so that I don't have to start looking for the venue on the day of my exam.

The exam day
I got to the exam venue 2 hours before the exam start time to avoid any unforeseen situations such as traffic or vehicle breakdown. The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was very difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I passed and I'm PMP certified now!!

Are you preparing to take PMP exam in Lagos? Would you like to have the study materials I used? then send me an email a2space2015@gmail.com and request for the materials. Please read the post below before contacting me for the study materials.

I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by proddey(m): 2:48am On Jun 17, 2016
There are two groups of individuals who seek project management certification.

(i) Those who have Project Management experience and have managed project teams before and
(ii) those who haven't managed project teams and have little or no PM experience.

Now before you contemplate writing the pmp exam, it is essential to note that PMI offers two distinct certification exams, Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).

The PMP is for those who have demonstrated experience and competence in leading and directing project teams while the CAPM is an entry level option for those who are new to project management or are still trying to figure out your career path.

So if you're not sure that you have enough PM experience or are somewhat new to PM , then you have to register for the CAPM exam instead. Because when applying for the PMP exam, you would be asked to demonstrate your PM experience in the application form.

To sit for the CAPM exam you don't need any PM experience, you only need 23 hours of PM education training. Youth Corpers and fresh University graduates are not eligible to take the PMP. You have to take CAPM. You need at least 3 years work experience in leading and directing projects before you can take PMP.

Also note that it is the same preparation materials that you'd require for both examinations and the CAPM exam is a lot easier to pass.

Please contact me for the materials only if you've already gone for the required 35hrs / 23 hrs of training at a registered education provider for PMP / CAPM.
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by debawilliam1: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
hello, i have had 35hrs of training with bratim in abuja and please i would love to have rita macauley 8th edition.
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by proddey(m): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
debawilliam1:
hello, i have had 35hrs of training with bratim in abuja and please i would love to have rita macauley 8th edition.

Send me an email at a2space2015@gmail.com and request for whatever materials you need.
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by debawilliam1: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
i have sent you two emails. no reply so far. please reply
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by proddey(m): 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
debawilliam1:
i have sent you two emails. no reply so far. please reply

I've not seen any mail from you I would have replied easily. check the correct email. a2space2015@gmail.com
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by theodorahc: 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
Didnt you attend any class training?
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by pablo111(m): 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
proddey:
Are you preparing to take the Project Management Professional Exam?? This is the place to be.

The Project Management Professional (PMPĀ®) certification is a qualification program overseen by the Project Management Institute (PMI).

I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos on May 7th 2016 as CBT has been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now, and I passed at first attempt! I'm here to assist those who are also seeking to obtain this global certification.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide/ daily time table and was reading for about 5-6 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials I used
I used Rita Mulcahy's book "PMP Exam Prep" which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the PM prepcast videos by Cornelius Fitchner and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very very good and I strongly recommend them to anyone preparing to take the exam. The advantages of studying with the audio and video materials is that they help to minimize your study time and are specially designed for busy people who do not have much time to be reading through volumes of literature.

I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a reference guide. The PMBOK guide in itself is inadequate as it only covers about 70% of the curriculum of the PMP exam. You'll need to use additional materials as well.

I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%. There are lots of tips, tricks and secrets for preparing and getting the answers right in the exam which I learnt from the study materials I used.

Total Cost of the exam and preparation

PMI membership registration - $139
PMP exam fees - $250 (for paper based test)

Overall I spent about 240k for the PM education training, exam fees, registration as PMI member, study materials etc. But you don't have to spend that much as I am here to guide you. But you will still have to budget at least 150k to the minimum.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I might not pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to take the exam anyway based on what I had studied so far. I visited the exam venue 3 days before the exam to be sure of the exact location of the venue so that I don't have to start looking for the venue on the day of my exam.

The exam day
I got to the exam venue 2 hours before the exam start time to avoid any unforeseen situations such as traffic or vehicle breakdown. The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was very difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I passed and I'm PMP certified now!!

Are you preparing to take PMP exam in Lagos? Would you like to have the study materials I used? then send me an email a2space2015@gmail.com and request for the materials. Please read the post below before contacting me for the study materials.

I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.
etapapi@yahoo.com
Re: Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... by proddey(m): 3:00am On Jun 23, 2016
theodorahc:
Didnt you attend any class training?

Yeah I attended classes for the 35 hours project management training requirements

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies. / How Can I Get Free Accommodation In Abuja For 1or2 Month,i Just Got A Job There / Affordable Trucking School In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.