Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,326 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President (38763 Views)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Ayokunle Abiodun: "A Mad Man Was Healed In Ondo Through Me" (Photos) / CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle Asks Buhari To Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by clarity4clear(f): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
OP Supo Ayokunle won 57 while Otubu 28 I was a delegate at that election. Congrats Supo!
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by hottathanfire(m): 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
bejeiodus:
He must steer clear of partisan politics and not bring ridicule to that 'holy' body like his predecessor did....I wonder what Christians benefit from CAN though.
NOTHING at all!!!
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by harizonal123(m): 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
photoshoot:
Finally, bling bling pastor and arms dealing pastor is out!
In short, where is that picture with a priest stretching out his arms with a capture " Receive Sence''?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Ninapha(f): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
ziccoit:
CAN needs leaders both at the national and state level who can think out of box by stop seeing everything from political angle. The recent example of flagrant disregard for rule of law and constituted authority was displayed in Osun where a high court granted Muslims right to freedom of religion through wearing of hijab,the judgement which was as result of a case filed by Muslims about 4yrs ago to seek court protection instead of engaging in force and civil disobedience.

One would have expected CAN to appeal the ruling or file similar protection by asking court to direct Osun government to allow church robes in place of school uniforms. Instead, the once respected CAN threw civility into the wind and announced church robes for its followers across the state.

I hope this new president will not turn himself to APC or PDP spokesperson in the name of kickback as witnessed under the outgoing president.

Nawa for you. did the high court judge ruling say, it is the Muslims' fundamental right alone? why would any sane person go appealing a judgement which the judge said is covered by the constitution.

its at the discretion of the students and or their parents .
no qualms.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by benitwater(m): 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulation,Rev supo ayokunle,he was my former pastor@orita basorun baptist church,now jubilee life baptist church,ibadan.for those that knows this man's history,he started from grass to grace.so proud of him right now.any member of jubilee life baptist church,basorun ibadan will know more about this humble man of GOD from oyo town.

4 Likes

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Omenanwanta: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
The battle has just begun. The case is still in court with the injunction to stop the election but they went ahead to hold it. Catholic and ECWA will never accept this.

ThePrinceInTheHouse
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by ziccoit: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
mukhcech:

We will use our Hijab and their is nothing Your CAN President can do about it. Tell me how does Hijab affects christians or Can. this people just funny sha.

Go and read my comment again, now slowly. You read the comment but didn't comprehend the message. I'm not a member of CAN and will never be by His Grace.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Adewummy007: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulations to Revd. Dr. Supo Ayokunle
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by delman88(m): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Firefire:

Great days ahead for the body of Christ in Nigeria. tongue

Our fathers own Baptist.... Good memory of BSF to be implemented in CAN wink

REV. DR. SUPO AYOKUNLE, THE PRESIDENT/CEO NBC Congratulation, may your head never lack oil.

Yes ooo...congrats to the NBC sanity is returning to CAN

1 Like

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by nishola17(f): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
Long live Baptist family
I believe in him , he's a well grounded leader and a strong believer
Still saw him in church on Sunday

1 Like

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by mukhcech(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
ziccoit:

Go and read my comment again, now slowly. You read the comment but didn't comprehend the message. I'm not a member of CAN and will never be by His Grace.

Whatever, As long as you have no issues with the next person on Hijab, we are cool.

Advice...Go back to your post and read it 10times slowly and maybe, just maybe you would wanna edit or even delete.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by ziccoit: 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ninapha:

Nawa for you. did the high court judge ruling say, it is the Muslims' fundamental right alone? why would any sane person go appealing a judgement which the judge said is covered by the constitution.

its at the discretion of the students and or their parents .
no qualms.

The Muslims took the path of honour by seeking the court to grant them right to wear hijab as against the state government stance of no to hijab.

The church robes or garments should also be made to undergo the same test. The CAN position was wrong and smack of religion intolerant and proper education. CAN understood the case could not be argued in court of law which explain its militant position.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by ziccoit: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
mukhcech:

Whatever, As long as you have no issues with the next person on Hijab, we are cool.

Advice...Go back to your post and read it 10times slowly and maybe, just maybe you would wanna edit or even delete.

Point out the part you want to be edited. I can't find any!
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by benitwater(m): 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
ghands:
That's my daddy!!! I'm so proud at the moment. Somebody pls celebrate with me.
r u tolu or one of the twins?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by truthspeaks: 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
How will it put fud on my table or help our bad economy embarassed
ghands:
That's my daddy!!!
I'm so proud at the moment.
Somebody pls celebrate with me.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Akpan107(m): 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Guyman02:
We say kudos to outgoing CAN president Pastor Ayo for standing with us Northern Christians against the onslaught by Boko Haram.
If he had applied a Pacifist approach it would have made things more difficult for us but he came out to address the UN and US congress and told the world that BH is a terrorist organization from onset, he made Christians to realize that we should not drop our guards against Boko Haram but be ready to defend our churches, families and land from invading jihadists.

Thank you Pastor Ayo and the Catholic Bishop of Maiduguri and other Christian leaders in the North for not allowing the Northern Christian zones to become another Constantinople in Turkey.
May God keep blessing and protecting the Northern Christians in Jesus Name... Gos bless you.

1 Like

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by scott990(m): 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
proudly baptist

2 Likes

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by olanuel01(m): 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
I pray that he seeks spiritual guidance when taking any decision relating to his job and not do his self will.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by olaskul(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
He is the President of Nigerian Baptist Convention...
Dreal11247:
Who can please give a detailed information about the new President of CAN? Hope he is not imposed on Christians to favor Islamic agenda?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Earngee(f): 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulations to the baptist family We rock
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by NovusHomo(m): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Firefire:

REV. DR. SUPO AYOKUNLE, THE PRESIDENT/CEO NBC Congratulation, may your head never lack oil.

As for the bolded, you guys will need to talk to the Niger Delta Avengers. grin grin
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by laparry12(f): 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
haywire07:
Is that a certificate to heaven? undecided

Seems like stupidity in Christendom .
Bringing politics into the church to appoint a church leader .

I think the election will be contested in the tribunal like a governorship election.

Show of shame
clap for ur stupidity. Is there any legal issue in d write up? ur dad can go to court if he so wish. ur a complete shame.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Dagaci1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
omokoladele:
Election in the "House of God"......okay na!
I also under
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by neocortex: 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
ziccoit:
CAN needs leaders both at the national and state level who can think out of box by stop seeing everything from political angle. The recent example of flagrant disregard for rule of law and constituted authority was displayed in Osun where a high court granted Muslims right to freedom of religion through wearing of hijab,the judgement which was as result of a case filed by Muslims about 4yrs ago to seek court protection instead of engaging in force and civil disobedience.

One would have expected CAN to appeal the ruling or file similar protection by asking court to direct Osun government to allow church robes in place of school uniforms. Instead, the once respected CAN threw civility into the wind and announced church robes for its followers across the state.

I hope this new president will not turn himself to APC or PDP spokesperson in the name of kickback as witnessed under the outgoing president.

I hate hypocrisy,
Students have been wearing Hijab to school even before the said ruling
so your acclaimed "civility" is meaningless in this case.
Instead of you to blame the Architect of the problem Aregbesola,
you are here throwing jab at CAN.

If christian and muslim schools have been left separate, all this
lawsuits won't arise in the first place.
Christian and muslims have long co-existed together in Osun state
before Aregbe brought his archaic idea.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Euckybaby(f): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulation to the incoming president. Missing outgoing president already
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by KINGS100(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulation. May the Almighty God gift him wisdom to lead with fairness and justnes Amen.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by KissCODE(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Firefire:

bros it doesnt work like that or else he will be impeached another CCN member will take over.
Just know that CCN is not like CSN & PFN which wont shoot anyone of their own.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Gluthatione: 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
I'm proud to be a Baptist , congrats Rev Supo Ayokunle, congrats Christian Association of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Rapture4real(m): 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
papayeye:
Yepa. CAN don finish. Yoruba pastors no sabi manage money. Na so so owambe party, CAN go dey do now. Chai, Naija don spoil.

May God forgive.If I know how to open thread I will have given you reasons why this man is different.I'm a Baptist.I know him personally.He is an Evangelist to the core, a no-no sense man of high integrity.Ayo Orisetjafo is A Pentecostal Founder of his church. This is man belongs to the evangelical orthodox church .He leads the Baptist denomination on a tenured basis.He doesn't own the denomination.So he comes from an ecclesiastical persuation where accountability, transparency, integrity ,probity etc is the watchword.He has ever been nonpartisan and he has the name of his denomination to defend.It is a new dawn for the nation.check his pedigree to this effect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Firefire(m): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
NovusHomo:

As for the bolded, you guys will need to talk to the Niger Delta Avengers. grin grin

Wrong application. grin
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Firefire(m): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Gluthatione:
I'm proud to be a Baptist , congrats Rev Supo Ayokunle, congrats Christian Association of Nigeria

tongue
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by haywire07(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
laparry12:
clap for ur stupidity. Is there any legal issue in d write up? ur dad can go to court if he so wish. ur a complete shame.

Miserable f.ool .
How many elections go without being contested in court . same procedure will be brought to the house of God soon.
Stop being an ediot pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brighton Elliot Moyo Dies After 'Resurrection' By Prophet Lukau / Christian Sex. / Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.