Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:43 AM

What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? (1349 Views)

Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? / Man Mocks Angry Pastor In Paris As He Was Shouting "Holy Ghost Fire" (pic,video) / Closing Eyes When Praying :how Necessary It Is To The Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by cooltobex(m): 8:51am On Jun 15, 2016
It seems a culture in this part of the world to shout loudly when praying, especially at Church programmes like "prayer meetings" and vigils.
But, reflecting on it, I find myself asking, why do people shout when praying? Is it necessary? What's the point of shouting? What's the point of all the dramatic demonstrations? Is God deaf that you have to raise your voice so loud? Do loud prayers make effective prayers?
What exactly makes prayer effective?
All these questions and more are answered in this new post: www.stillsmallvoiceblog..com/2016/06/why-do-people-shout-when-praying.html

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Decentpee(m): 9:03am On Jun 15, 2016
[i][/i] For me, shouting when praying; it's absurd...
We all know God is Almighty, he knows everything: both the beginning and the end, even know what on our mind b4 we speak. So why the shout? Infact, see, prayer is not meant to be heard but to be answered!!!
Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by frubben(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2016
Because we live in a zoo where no law and order, even in the church they do things anyhow, disturbing the peace of hardworking nigerians.

Our God is not deaf, I don't know why they choose to start shouting anyhow when praying.

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by DeSepiero(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2016
lol...shouting is not necessary. abi god get ear infection ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by thesicilian: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2016
Do what works for you and leave others to do theirs.
Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Kondomatic(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2016
They wan shake heaven nah so that small miracles fit fall from the small small hole e get.

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Decentpee(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2016
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by johnydon22(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2016
Decentpee:
[i][/i] For me, shouting when praying; it's absurd...
We all know God is Almighty, he knows everything: both the beginning and the end, even know what on our mind b4 we speak. So why the shout? Infact, see, prayer is not meant to be heard but to be answered!!!

Shouting in prayer is absurd because God already knows even before you pray you say then praying at all is absurd since God already knows.

So whats the point in reminding God what he already knows unless you think it's forgetful and uncaring?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by ValentineMary(m): 11:43am On Jun 15, 2016
For me praying is absurd, why would an omni benevolent God wait till I beg and cry before he ans me let us assume our prayer is against his holy plan, would he change it simply because of you (that would be selfish) and if he does not ans we say it is God will. If he is gonna do his will, why bother pray in the first place?

Prayer means telling God (if he exist) that his plans are bad and u have a better idea.

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by cooltobex(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2016
johnydon22:

Shouting in prayer is absurd because God already knows even before you pray you say then praying at all is absurd since God already knows.

So what's the point in reminding God what he already knows unless you think it's forgetful and uncaring?

True. God already knows what we need, what we think, and what we would ask for in prayer. Yet, His word says, "ask, seek, knock". Why? Because we're humans, and we have the power of choice!
God knows I need something, but until I ask Him or give Him the (legal) authority to give it to me (which is like God coming into my life business), He'll hold His peace, He doesn't intrude. Remember, we'll give account of how we've lived our lives eventually, so it is imperative that everything that happens to a person he is responsible for it. God will NEVER force His will or power or provision or anything on you; you'll have to want and desire it for Him to give you, so when God asks you to give an account of everything, you'll have no excuses.
So yes, God knows everything - but we'd still have to ask Him! As long as you're on earth, it's your life to live!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by cooltobex(m): 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
ValentineMary:
For me praying is absurd, why would an omni benevolent God wait till I beg and cry before he ans me let us assume our prayer is against his holy plan, would he change it simply because of you (that would be selfish) and if he does not ans we say it is God will. If he is gonna do his will, why bother pray in the first place?

Prayer means telling God (if he exist) that his plans are bad and u have a better idea.
"Why would an omni benevolent God wait till I beg and cry before he answers me"? What a question! This person clearly doesn't understand how God works. God doesn't force Himself on people. If He gives you things you did not (in your words) "beg" for, and in future something bad happens as a result of it, who would you blame? God for giving you, right? But if you asked (or like you said "beg" for it), you can't put it down to anyone but yourself.
So yes, you have to "beg" for it, it's your life after all, and you'll give account for it.
Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Brigance(m): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
cooltobex:

True. God already knows what we need, what we think, and what we would ask for in prayer. Yet, His word says, "ask, seek, knock". Why? Because we're humans, and we have the power of choice!
God knows I need something, but until I ask Him or give Him the (legal) authority to give it to me (which is like God coming into my life business), He'll hold His peace, He doesn't intrude. Remember, we'll give account of how we've lived our lives eventually, so it is imperative that everything that happens to a person he is responsible for it. God will NEVER force His will or power or provision or anything on you; you'll have to want and desire it for Him to give you, so when God asks you to give an account of everything, you'll have no excuses.
So yes, God knows everything - but we'd still have to ask Him! As long as you're on earth, it's your life to live!

The experience of Paul, the biblical apostle would disagree with you on this...

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by ValentineMary(m): 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
cooltobex:

"Why would an omni benevolent God wait till I beg and cry before he answers me"? What a question! This person clearly doesn't understand how God works. God doesn't force Himself on people. If He gives you things you did not (in your words) "beg" for, and in future something bad happens as a result of it, who would you blame? God for giving you, right? But if you asked (or like you said "beg" for it), you can't put it down to anyone but yourself.
So yes, you have to "beg" for it, it's your life after all, and you'll give account for it.
So what u are saying is that God can give us something we beg for just to distort his plan because people believe God can't plan evil for us. So if our prayers are answered and in the long run become detrimental, it's not God fault even though he is omniscient and we are not?

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by cooltobex(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

So what u are saying is that God can give us something we beg for just to distort his plan because people believe God can't plan evil for us. So if our prayers are answered and in the long run become detrimental, it's not God fault even though he is omniscient and we are not?
Sorry, but I don't understand these questions of yours... I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability...
1. God can't plan evil for us - yes. He's good, perfect, holy, and has no trace of darkness in Him.
2. Yes, God can allow have something outside His plan for us, not because He wills to happen or that He can't stop it, but because ultimately the devil still enjoys some level of freedom and influence on earth, and so too do humans. In addition to this, humans predominantly operate outside his plan. That's why we are in such mess in our world!
I hope I answered your questions!

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Brigance(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
cooltobex:

Sorry, but I don't understand these questions of yours... I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability...
1. God can't plan evil for us - yes. He's good, perfect, holy, and has no trace of darkness in Him.
2. Yes, God can allow have something outside His plan for us, not because He wills to happen or that He can't stop it, but because ultimately the devil still enjoys some level of freedom and influence on earth, and so too do humans. In addition to this, humans predominantly operate outside his plan. That's why we are in such mess in our world!
I hope I answered your questions!

Isaiah 45: 7

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.
Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Decentpee(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Brigance:

Isaiah 45: 7

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.
if u knew the hw important God is in ur life, u won't be saying all this...
Firstly. Do u think life is a place settlement?
Yeah, God created all things out of nothing but by his words.
In the beginning God has better plans 4 us...but the sin of our first parent (adam and eve) brought sufferings and death to the world.
God so merciful, sent his only begotten son to redeem the world n whosoever believe in him will never parish but have eternal life.
See, this is life and there is eternal life... So it ur call to make, it ain't by force to make heaven but its the best choice...
Warning: watch wat u say about God, so not to blasphemy cos it a sin against the holy spirit and it can never be 4given,,,
we are the cause of our problems, the more we sin, the more the plight we passing tru.
Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Brigance(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
Decentpee:

if u knew the hw important God is in ur life, u won't be saying all this...
Firstly. Do u think life is a place settlement?
Yeah, God created all things out of nothing but by his words.
In the beginning God has better plans 4 us...but the sin of our first parent (adam and eve) brought sufferings and death to the world.
God so merciful, sent his only begotten son to redeem the world n whosoever believe in him will never parish but have eternal life.
See, this is life and there is eternal life... So it ur call to make, it ain't by force to make heaven but its the best choice...
Warning: watch wat u say about God, so not to blasphemy cos it a sin against the holy spirit and it can never be 4given,,,
we are the cause of our problems, the more we sin, the more the plight we passing tru.

meh meh meh..

sweet story. Only that, it ends a story.
Re: What's The Point Of Shouting Loudly When Praying? Is It Necessary? by Decentpee(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
Brigance:

meh meh meh..
sweet story. Only that, it ends a story. Well, u don't know that u don't know

(1) (Reply)

No Pastor Should Cross These 5 Sexual Lines With Women At Their Church! / Celebrating The Divine Manifestation Of The Godhead His Holiness Olumba Olumba / Quotes From The Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.