Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (47605 Views)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by DONSMITH123(m): 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, on Wednesday, said if Muslim students continue to wear hijab to public schools in Osun state, Christian pupils will equally not stop wearing church garments and other apparels.
This declaration was made known by the Vice Chairman, VC, of CAN in the state, Pastor Moses Ogundeji.

This is coming after the state governor, Rauf Aregbesola, restated that no student is allowed to put on unauthorized uniforms to school in the state, following the instruction of CAN in the state that students should go to school in church garments.

DAILY POST gathered that some students of Baptist High School, Iwo stormed the school, wearing different church garments on Wednesday in continuation of the Tuesday drama but were prevented from going inside.

In their response to the governor, CAN is insisting that the governor should be ready to expel all students in the state, if Christians and Muslim students cannot be treated alike.

While fielding questions from journalists at the venue of the prayer meeting the association called on the hijab controversy in Osogbo on Wednesday, the VC said, “If the governor is fighting for the right of the Muslims, we will also fight for the right of the Christians.

“He should be ready to expel those wearing hijab because hijab was never part of the school uniform,” Ogundeji added.

The Secretary of CAN, Apostle Joseph Olaide, also said while addressing the gathering, that Christian students cannot be stopped from wearing church garments, adding that CAN should be notified if security men arrested any of the pupils, saying the leadership would take up the case.

Meanwhile, CAN and Muslim leaders are to meet with the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi today to resolve the situation and avert any crisis that may erupt from the controversy.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/15/christian-students-must-wear-garments-if-muslims-wear-hijabs-can-insists/

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Feranchek(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
They should na. Who dey stop dem before

Buh let's see for how long it'll last.

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Can CAN be CANdid and let things go the right way??

Another FTC in one day!!! Azonto on point!!!

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Someone quoted me asking me to tell my Rev.Fr. to go build a mosque opposite my church cheesy cheesy
The name of my parish is OUR LADY OF FATIMA, Aguda, and it was given that name cos the owner of the Land where the church is built was a Muslim and he was sooooo happy bout the fact that a church will be built on his land. So the Priest of our mother parish gave it that name in honor of Our Lady that appeared to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal and coincidentally, the daughter of the landlord bears the name Fatima grin

So itaf tayed wey we don be friends with Muslims

#kickawayreligiouscompetition

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"

197 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
grin okay this is just juvenile and childish. I'll admit it was funny for a minute or two but not any more.
In short let everybody just wear their mufti to school like in some other countries.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by DONSMITH123(m): 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Love this drama.

In their response to the governor, CAN is insisting that the governor should be ready to expel all students in the state, if Christians and Muslim students cannot be treated alike.

Let see what Aregbes action will be next.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by MDsambo: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Thats there P...
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by grafikii: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates

189 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote]Unconfirmed reports had it that some Christian pupils again stormmed Baptist High School, Iwo in church apparels on Wednesday in continuation of the Tuesday drama but were prevented from going inside.

But the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi’s intervention prevented the crisis which was brewing at the school.[quote]

Hope this will not degenerate into crisis o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Firefire(m): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
Let the drama continue...

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by sunnydayasaba(m): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbe should watch it, This is simply how radicalization starts.

Fuming tension in d schools might make student now see their fellow religion as superior to d other.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by SuperS1Panther: 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbe is as drunk as Orijin's bottle.

This is the madness the goatie bearded Gov brought into my peaceful state.

People were living in peace before this financially reckless man brought his madness into the state.

He should better cancel school uniform outrightly. How will he even cancel school uniform, when it is the company that his wife has a stake in that is the sole supplier of school uniform in the state.

Osun worshippers children are also loading to unleash their own dress mode on public schools.

16 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by vedaxcool(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
CAN copying muslims since 1960, muslim go on Hajj, CAN invented their own.... it is a free world wear whatever you want, Muslims have a dress code your intolerance would not change that

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by alorax2(f): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hmmmm, odikwa somehow. Better for students to wear only their uniforms. because hijab is not a part of uniform and d Christians too shld not wear robes to school. If care is not taken d traditionalist too will start wearing their own too. D governor shld not b partial. Him people dey hungry yet he is advocating for hijab SMH,, osun state may God help u

8 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Femich18(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
This governor is a dullard to be candid...Let them both keep displaying their stupidity. We are all watching them on HD

5 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
me-think CAN is just bein un-serious here. Muslim can wear hijab. I remembered in my secondary years, they forced us to sing all christian songs and even read bible despite that we are muslim. can you try it with them?

grafikii:
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
gbam

SuperS1Panther:
Aregbe is as drunk as Orijin's bottle.

This is the madness the goatie bearded Gov brought into my peaceful state.

People were living in peace before this financially reckless man brought his madness into the state.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
seconded.

Femich18:
This governor is a dullard to be candid

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by sunnydayasaba(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:

Bros, Nobody will stop any muslim student from wearing hijab to a private schools if the owners wants it, but not schools funded by tax payers money. Even d traditional worshippers pay taxes to govt for dis school, can they separate Christian, muslim, traditional tax payers money too? Reason now, school should be a place of learning not a place of worship.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
see Gobe grin grin
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by buJu234: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Muslims too dey cause wahala everywhere..

from middle-east to north africa to the americas to europe to Nigeria..

wenti sef..

are they the only religion on Earth....

Its called religion of peace; yet mankind has not experienced Peace ever since they were founded in the Arabia desert.

WHYYYY

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
abi. If i dey that school, na to go dress like babalawo grin grin

Feranchek:

Buh let's see for how long it'll last

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by funstufz: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
A State whose division against itself was brought by the so-called .......
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
Don't start a fight here o. lipsrsealed

buJu234:
Muslims too dey cause wahala everywhere..

from middle-east to north africa to the americas to europe to Nigeria..

wenti sef..

are they the only religion on Earth....

Its called religion of peace; yet mankind has not experienced Peace ever since they were founded in the Arabia desert.

WHYYYY

4 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by SuperS1Panther: 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

me-think CAN is just bein un-serious here. Muslim can wear hijab. I remembered in my secondary years, they forced us to sing all christian songs and even read bible despite that we are muslim. can you try it with them?

You had the opportunity to choose a school with Islamic background, but you chose the one with Xtian background by yourself.

Whatever you are asked to recite there is in accordance with the background and history of such a school.

You voluntarily submitted to the rules and regulations of the school. If not, you would have transferred yourself to Islahudeen, Sarafadeen or Muslim Sec School.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Feranchek(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
OnankpaBa:
abi. If i dey that school, na to go dress like babalawo grin grin

Make we kon see who go stop you grin

Na to just show the gateman tortoise and some collection of shell, and the innocent baba go bail cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by orimsamsam(m): 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wht is good for the goose is also good for the gander

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
see incantation wen i go give the principal sef, he go tear race pass Hussein bolt.

Feranchek:

Make we kon see who go stop you grin

Na to just show the gateman tortoise and she'll, and the innocent baba go bail cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by nigerianvenom(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

Cos u went to their school. U should have gone to an Islamic school where extreme koranic education is bin forced on u

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
really?

nigerianvenom:

Cos u went to their school. U should have gone to an Islamic school where extreme koranic education is bin forced on u
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by stephnie1(f): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
following.....
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by stephnie1(f): 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

Buh let's see for how long it'll last.

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Can CAN be CANdid and let things go the right way??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by DeLaRue: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
On the whole, if the people of that State wishes to see their students segretated by religious dress codes, it's entirely up to them.

But forcing this to happen in a school established by the Baptist Church is paying lip service to other people's sensibilities.

May be the Governor should have left the various schools with Christian and Islamic foundation as they were.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by shaddoww: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Am a Christian n I do believe dat CAN is going about dis thing in a wrong way. I don't believe in eye for an eye and the Bible preach against it too. I believe the best they should do is get a lawyer n appeal d judgement. I really don't support d introduction of hijab into public school too but they should go about it in the right way.
And for the Muslims supporting dis, I believe they are just so naive n too sentimental, the reason why dis was push forward is because the governor of the state is a Muslim n they feel they have authority because schools av been in existence for long but students only use beret n would they say dat they don't know hijab was compulsory then?
But I hope both Muslim leaders n CAN will resolve dis peacefully cos most of dis kids would probably convert to either religion in d future n their purpose in school isn't to promote religion.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pope Benedict Announces Shocking Conversion To Islam / BBC Interview With Olufunmilayo Adebayo (Mummy G.O.) - "They Want To Kill Me" / Pastor Tim Omotoso Arrested For Having Sex With Church Members In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.