Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills (10548 Views)

What Tinubu Told Senators, Rep Members In Lagos Meeting / Fayose Thanks Senate For Passing No Confidence Vote Against Buhari. / Budget Padding: Jibrin Releases Documents, Implicates More Rep Members [see Full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Abuja – The Presidency on Wednesday commended the House of Representatives for giving prompt action to two executive bills that scaled through second reading.

This is contained in a statement issued on Wednesday in Abuja by Alhaji Suleiman Kawu, Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Reps). “We wish to thank the House of Representatives under the leadership of Speaker Yakubu Dogara for passing two of our bills today, June 15, 2016,’’ the statement said.

“One is a Bill for an Act to Provide for the Domestication and Enforcement in Nigeria of the Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Kingdom of Spain.

“The other is a Bill for an Act to Provide for the Domestication and Enforcement in Nigeria of the Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Republic of South Korea and for Other Related Matters.’’

According to the statement, this singular action has shown that the House is solidly behind the executive on its numerous policies aimed at making Nigeria better. “We hope you will also pass our other bills that are currently before the House with the same zeal that you passed these two.

“Indeed, we believe that this will guaranty a robust and cordial relationship between the executive and the House in the next three years. “While we thank the House for passing these two bills and others before now, we look forward to your usual cooperation for the passage of other Executive Bills we intend to bring before the hallowed chamber soon,’’ the statement stated. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/652116/
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by emorse(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
These are not the kind of bills I expected to see. Sit up abeg.

11 Likes

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Project400: 8:28am On Jun 16, 2016
Sounds good, but as portrayed, they are executive bills.

Any update on:
Gender equality bill?
Social media bill?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by TVTKOKO(m): 8:29am On Jun 16, 2016
Abeg somborry shld explain wat dat jargons means undecided undecided angry angry angry
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by MadCow1: 8:29am On Jun 16, 2016
What Bills?
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Okesilas15: 8:29am On Jun 16, 2016
Stupidity.next pls.First to comment on point
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Canme4u(m): 8:29am On Jun 16, 2016
emorse:
These are not the kind of bills I expected to see. Sit up abeg.
Me 2

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by eluquenson(m): 8:30am On Jun 16, 2016
Ok, absolutely unnecessary to redeem our economy from these turbulent time.

I need to read bills that will harmonize our economy, not these stupendous bills passed, i think these NAS are just wasting the hell of our time.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Akinz0126(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2016
@ the scammer above me don't You have better things to do?As for my 400 wey you scam me shabi you never finish am ba? There is this saying in hausa"Haka za ka kare"(Thats how you'll meet your waterloo)Shege barawo dan banza.

Abeg someone should explain what the bill passed has to do with the level of inflation in the country?
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 16, 2016
WHERE IS THE P.I.B?

WHERE IS THIS BILL?

SHAME!
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by uchman488: 8:33am On Jun 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by tbaba1234: 8:35am On Jun 16, 2016
eluquenson:
Ok, absolutely unnecessary to redeem our economy from these turbulent time.

I need to read bills that will harmonize our economy, not these stupendous bills passed, i think these NAS are just wasting the hell of our time.

The economy will recover...

The monetary policy has been the main impediment, with the new monetary policy and social intervention. I expect the economy to recover in about 6 months.
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Fedayeen02: 8:35am On Jun 16, 2016
What kind of mumu bills is this when there are pressing bills in that chamber to be passed.

E be like say Osibanjo mumu plenty pass Buhari own

Cc presidency

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by d33types: 8:35am On Jun 16, 2016
idiots writing "sounds good" without knowing how it affects the economy..

How many imports and exports do we make to Spain and South Korea..
useless lawmakers..
we have national health bill,petroleum industry bill.

I just dey vex

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Tunechi1(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2016
Dis one get people wey e go favour jare
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Femich18(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Abeg I no understand all this una jagons abeg . How will this affect the masses nah en be my own question

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by opalu: 8:37am On Jun 16, 2016
Good
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by hasyn04(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2016
We want to see important bills bn passd
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/652116/

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by dadafe(f): 8:39am On Jun 16, 2016
Well done sir
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by poseidon12: 8:44am On Jun 16, 2016
Sounds good. But they better not pass any executive bill on cattle grazing reserve.
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by sammyj: 8:44am On Jun 16, 2016
Rubish. How does this change the price of Tomatoes in the market !!! angry
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by JOAN11(f): 8:55am On Jun 16, 2016
those jargons have no impact on my sweet life
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Raypawer(m): 9:37am On Jun 16, 2016
Must we clap for them for doing their job?
Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2016
So for their mind they deserve a clap abi? Na who Spain or south Korea help. Better bills that affects the common man on the street they there Una no pass am na this mumu one dey pass second reading

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills by kennycalls(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2016
stupid bills

(1) (Reply)

Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary / Tinubu's Claim Of Impeachment Attempt On Buhari, A Fabrication - Senator Misau / Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.