Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise (14663 Views)

Breaking News: Unilag Will Conduct Post Utme Exam / UNIBEN To Refund Money Paid By Post-UTME 2016 Candidates / OAU Will Not Conduct Post UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by cosade(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2016
lilzcee:
FG said screening is checking candidates waec and neco result, u are just saying ur opinion one of the reasons i don't believe people nowadays

I listened to the JAMB Registrar on Channels TV this week, when he erroneously said screening meant checking of WAEC and NECO results only. The word "screening" is actually broader than that, it can mean examination, testing, checking etc. There is nothing wrong in what in UNIBEN is doing. As a matter of fact, students that are preparing to go to higher institutions should be willing to write tests at any time.
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by habsydiamond(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2016
Uniben shey eti yin di ni.
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by skipz: 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
KillerBeauty:
I thought they have ban post utme

this news is fake, try loggin to the school portal you won't see anything pertaining to post-utme.... post utme remains scrapped
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Wonderboy1(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
Emelie5:
K
Are you sure you comprehend what was written??
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by dview001(m): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
Pls does this include d direct entry applicants? And pls do dey accept ijmb?
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by brojoshua: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Is uniben a private university? If not will they not obey government the owner? Or let them do and government also give the works of their VC and co to other people sacking the stubborn and disobedient principal officers promptly and give their works to others. Let them do it that there may be vacancies in the school for the jobless people
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by greatman247(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
I think all these schools conducting the Post-UME exercise should be probe and sanction to pay huge amount like the MTN. Let them cough out all the revenue garnered with this exercise. This will serve as deterrent to other fraud tertiary schools in the country. They are certainly using the exercise as money making venture.
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by kibra4u(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
Its all about the money that will go into their pockets. The corruptions in all this our so called higher institutions of learning is just something else. Make them continue EFCC will soon be on their necks soon. Bunch of thieves.
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Drdonzeez(m): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
basadenet:
Despite FG has prevented all universities from conducting post jamb or collect any money from prospect student, yet some stubborn universities defy Government order and continue with their illegal business. This shows their insensitivitty to students plight. Government should sanction such institution immediately.
A highly intelligent person will know that post ume is one of the best things to have happened to our education sector.How do you expect schools with high number of candidates to sort out the best?An institution like uniben will always have up to 20thousands who beat the 200 mark.so how do we expect them to admit everyone when their carrying capacity is less than 8k? when jamb starts demoting candidates with high scores to polytechnics,private university,people will grumble.only those that will bribe their way in that will laud this absurb directive.The children of the pleb will definitely suffer.
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Drdonzeez(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
basadenet:
Despite FG has prevented all universities from conducting post jamb or collect any money from prospect student, yet some stubborn universities defy Government order and continue with their illegal business. This shows their insensitivitty to students plight. Government should sanction such institution immediately.
A highly intelligent person will know that post ume is one of the best things to have happened to our education sector.How do you expect schools with high number of candidates to sort out the best?An institution like uniben will always have up to 20thousands who beat the 200 mark.so how do we expect them to admit everyone when their carrying capacity is less than 8k? when jamb starts demoting candidates with high scores to polytechnics,private university,people will grumble.only those that will bribe their way in that will laud this absurb directive.The children of the pleb will definitely suffer.Reduction of pume forms prizes would have been better.
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Obowian: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
skipz:

this news is fake, try loggin to the school portal you won't see anything pertaining to post-utme.... post utme remains scrapped
Baba check this

1 Like

Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by kibra4u(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Drdonzeez:
A highly intelligent person will know that post ume is one of the best things to have happened to our education sector.How do you expect schools with high number of candidates to sort out the best?An institution like uniben will always have up to 20thousands who beat the 200 mark.so how do we expect them to admit everyone when their carrying capacity is less than 8k? when jamb starts demoting candidates with high scores to polytechnics,private university,people will grumble.only those that will bribe their way in that will laud this absurb directive.The children of the pleb will definitely suffer.Reduction of pume forms prizes would have been better.

My guy there are ways of weeding out students without going through post UTME. Any prospective student who applied to any institution and scales Jamb's cutoff mark should be offered admission without going through any form of frudulent screening process which we all know has to do with the financial gains to the institutions. If a student is admitted and after the first year in school if he or she does not meet up with the required cut off mark then the school can ask such a student to withdraw. That is how to test a students competence and not through this fraudulent post UTME of a thing. EFCC is watching.. shocked
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Drdonzeez(m): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
kibra4u:

My guy there are ways of weeding out students without going through post UTME. Any prospective student who applied to any institution and scales Jamb's cutoff mark should be offered admission without going through any form of frudulent screening process which we all know has to do with the financial gains to the institutions. If a student is admitted and after the first year in school if he or she does not meet up with the required cut off mark then the school can ask such a student to withdraw. That is how to test a students competence and not through this fraudulent post UTME of a thing. EFCC is watching.. shocked
You're so funny.so you expect schools to admit all the students that beat 200 mark.I used uniben as a typical example in which about 20 thousands candidates might have beat the cut off mark.It can never work.Scrapping jamb will always be the best thing because jamb utme is not really different from gamble.
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by akagson: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2016
Pls what do they mean by 1"×1" photo?
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
akagson:
Pls what do they mean by 1"×1" photo?

it means 1inch by 1inch.....simply put,resize the scanned passport photograph to 1inch by inch then upload......hope i helped?
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by akagson: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
Emmagenius:

it means 1inch by 1inch.....simply put,resize the scanned passport photograph to 1inch by inch then upload......hope i helped?
Oh yeah!
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by ritababe(f): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2016
obaayo2:
ritababe.
any idea about this thing, I've a sister who needs help

no oh, I don't know abt this oh
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by akagson: 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
On Uniben website, they stated that the application form is N2,000 but when I've reached the payment page where I'm to enter card details, I'm seeing N3,550.
Can anybody confirm that? Why would Uniben write N2000 when the actual charge is N3550.
Isn't this unfair and exploiting?
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Johnny19: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2016
akagson:
On Uniben website, they stated that the application form is N2,000 but when I've reached the payment page where I'm to enter card details, I'm seeing N3,550.
Can anybody confirm that? Why would Uniben write N2000 when the actual charge is N3550.
Isn't this unfair and exploiting?

I too saw the same thing but i just had to pay....but if you look well they said "it was excluding bank charges" so by the time u add the bank charge it would amount to 3550.

Hope I've helped
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by akagson: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2016
Johnny19:

I too saw the same thing but i just had to pay....but if you look well they said "it was excluding bank charges" so by the time u add the bank charge it would amount to 3550.

Hope I've helped
That means bank charges is N1550?
Re: Uniben To Conduct Post-UTME Exercise by Johnny19: 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
akagson:
That means bank charges is N1550?
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply: 2017 Cowbell Mathematics Competition For Nigeria Secondary Schools / UNICAL Produces 12 First Class As 7,222 Graduate / Categories Of People That Won't Pass Jamb This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.