Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed (1879 Views)

Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / A Visit To GAZZUZZ Workshop (With Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by lukman22: 8:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Please i need advice on how to go around this code on my car. I have 2006 Passat 2.0TFSI i bought as Toks not too long ago,but did not scan it prior to making the payment.The dashboard was clean with no code display,Engine sound cool and i only used a full tank (60L)+20L( toped up at Ihiala Anambra state) of fuel driving the car from Cotonu to Port Harcourt city ( Good fuel economy). My problem is i recently scanned the car and this code come up:
Catalyst System; Bank 1
P0420 - 002 - Efficiency Below Threshold - MIL ON
008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
P2261 - 008 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent
I cleared the code and P2261 never came back, but P0420 still persist.
From the search i did online, it should be consuming fuel but am yet to notice that on highway drive.Not sure of City driving. 15L fuel last about 4 days driving within city ( tro and fro from work daily of about 2 hour both including heavy traffic).

My Question is:
1. Is the fuel consumption Ok?
2. Is there a way to solve the issue with the catalyst system?

Thanks Guys in advance
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by papiTwist: 9:02am On Jun 16, 2016
Please, while considering the above request, also take a look at this.

I own a Honda accord 2009 model. My battery got drained and I had to borrow another to start the car, then placed mine back while the engine was running (not jump starting). 
Two to three days later, the Vehicle Stability Assistance (VSA) and hand break light came up on the instrument cluster. The car is moving fine, no dragging issue, as it should be if the hand break was on. 
I have had d light cleared/Deleted but they came back on about 2hours later. 
Please, the good people and car experts here, what could be the problem and its implications, and should be my fear?
HELP!!!!!
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by mayor2013: 10:36am On Jun 16, 2016
lukman2246618r520:
Please i need advice on how to go around this code on my car. I have 2006 Passat 2.0TFSI i bought as Toks not too long ago,but did not scan it prior to making the payment.The dashboard was clean with no code display,Engine sound cool and i only used a full tank (60L)+20L( toped up at Ihiala Anambra state) of fuel driving the car from Cotonu to Port Harcourt city ( Good fuel economy). My problem is i recently scanned the car and this code come up:
Catalyst System; Bank 1
From the search i did online, it should be consuming fuel but am yet to notice that on highway drive.Not sure of City driving. 15L fuel last about 4 days driving within city ( tro and fro from work daily of about 2 hour both including heavy traffic).

My Question is:

Thanks Guys in advance

Revert to your owners manual for fuel MPG. That would tell you what your car's fuel consumptionn rate should be both for city driving and highway driving.

As for your first fault error it means your catalytic converter located up stream is detoirating or has detoirated which ever the case may be. It needs to be replaced. I hope yours hasnt been stolen. Depending on the design of yours would be determine if the exhaust needs to be taken out or not for a visibility check

As for your second fault error. Boost pressure solenoid valve. That soleniod or sensor which ever yours is hardly spoils check connection. Could be unplugged. If spoilt replaces. This helps regulate air intake which inturns is used to actual fuel injection. You could have a case of misfire if bad or your car would stall as well . Location should be along vacuum hose that goes from your airfilter box into throttle body or located on the inlet manifold. Note- location might not be for your ride.
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by mayor2013: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2016
papiTwist:

I own a Honda accord 2009 model. My battery got drained and I had to borrow another to start the car, then placed mine back while the engine was running (not jump starting). 
Two to three days later, the Vehicle Stability Assistance (VSA) and hand break light came up on the instrument cluster. The car is moving fine, no dragging issue, as it should be if the hand break was on. 
Please, the good people and car experts here, what could be the problem and its implications, and should be my fear?
HELP!!!!!

Never try what you just did. You would fry up your ecu that way by removing your battery while your car is running. If your vehicle stability assist( VSA) light was illuminated. Run a scan first and come back here and post fault error result. Then we take it up from there, if you are in lagos call 08165520837 or 08156087872. To get a free scan. Would end by tomorrow 4pm. Cheers
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by lukman22: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Please Mayor2013,is there anyway i can check if my catalyst is missing or stolen?
mayor2013:

Revert to your owners manual for fuel MPG. That would tell you what your car's fuel consumptionn rate should be both for city driving and highway driving.

As for your first fault error it means your catalytic converter located up stream is detoirating or has detoirated which ever the case may be. It needs to be replaced. I hope yours hasnt been stolen. Depending on the design of yours would be determine if the exhaust needs to be taken out or not for a visibility check

As for your second fault error. Boost pressure solenoid valve. That soleniod or sensor which ever yours is hardly spoils check connection. Could be unplugged. If spoilt replaces. This helps regulate air intake which inturns is used to actual fuel injection. You could have a case of misfire if bad or your car would stall as well . Location should be along vacuum hose that goes from your airfilter box into throttle body or located on the inlet manifold. Note- location might not be for your ride.
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
lukman22:

Catalyst System; Bank 1

My Question is:

Thanks Guys in advance

since you are in PH, call chucks, 234 803 312 3865. Digital car solution Woji area. All you need is a new catalyst.

2 Likes

Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by papiTwist: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2016
mayor2013:

Never try what you just did. You would fry up your ecu that way by removing your battery while your car is running. If your vehicle stability assist( VSA) light was illuminated. Run a scan first and come back here and post fault error result. Then we take it up from there, if you are in lagos call 08165520837 or 08156087872. To get a free scan. Would end by tomorrow 4pm. Cheers

I had d car scanned, and it showed brake fluid switch problem. When d mechanic checked, he discovered that the break fluid was very low. He added break fluid and the VSA and hand brake warning light disappeared.
Thanks for your advice.
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by leuelliot(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
papiTwist:

I had d car scanned, and it showed brake fluid switch problem. When d mechanic checked, he discovered that the break fluid was very low. He added break fluid and the VSA and hand brake warning light disappeared.
Thanks for your advice.

I recon it's time for new brake pads. Check the wear level on them, also check for leaks on the line.
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by leuelliot(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
lukman22:

Catalyst System; Bank 1

My Question is:

Thanks Guys in advance

15L for 4days? op lets trade cars i use 20L in two days in the same town

1 Like

Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by cocoduck: 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
papiTwist:

HELP!!!!!

scan your car first.
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by lonelydora: 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
papiTwist:

Thanks for your advice.

Good it's done now. I was about telling you that. Meanwhile, check for leaks along the brake lines and also check if your brake pad is still okay. These are the two things that can make your brake fluid go down.
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by lukman22: 8:36am On Jun 18, 2016
LOL. 20L is not acceptable in like situation as mine,except if you are driving V8++ grin
leuelliot:

15L for 4days? op lets trade cars i use 20L in two days in the same town
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by Ceeholdings: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2016
mayor2013:

Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by Ceeholdings: 10:27am On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=Ceeholdings post=46683554][/quote]

What do you mean by fry up ecu? His alternator is not working? If his alternator is working then no cause for alarm. If not the car will just go off.
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by mayor2013: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
So is that your kazeemised millenium method of testing a bad or good alternator undecided angry
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by lukman22: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
GUYS,this suppose to be my thread. Papi should create his own thread angry undecided
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by franklynsunny(m): 9:45am On Jun 19, 2016
Hi Nlner experts here
Mayor2013
Siena
Gazzuzz
& co

Lukman pls don b angry on ur thread....u got d Attn of people I want to comment on ma own probs

Thanks for all your sincere advise to us here for free cos I tried online now in UK and I was push to a page where I will use Mastercard to deposit GBP3 if there advise helps but here it's free and facts...

I nid u best advise and my story is detailed and long,pls read.....

Am currently using a Nissan Quest 2005 model with V6 3.5 engine

I just started using it last 1month after the increase of fuel in 9ja @145

I was shocked dat I use N6100 in total from Canaanland church,sango otta to ojudu berger-lekki and back to canaanland.....1st I left canaanland side Buyin fuel N4000 to berger via agege - Omole Phase 1 estate early hours 5am with no traffic and den to Lekki 1st toll gate Shoprite palms mall with Ac with slight traffic on third mainland bridge,wen I finish from lekki,as I was approaching 3rd mainland bridges...my fuel light turn on...N4k gone wit shock....i quick did a U turn and got N1500 on awolowo way Ikoyi and continue ma trip back....when I got to agege again,my fuel light turned on again,i got fuel again this time N600 (beating al d traffic from lekki with short cuts via western avenue to ojuelegba and den to ilasa-isolo to oshodi)

When I got to canaanland my fuel light turned on total N6100.....pls note that I prefer to buy fuel at major NNPC, MOBIL, TOTAL and Forte and Oando

The question now is....i am so sure my car is drinking fuel even if my Mech said it's normal since the price of fuel is now N145 cos I normally use N3k to lekki or chevron ajah and back before....

Moreso to dis....i jus brought Catalyst yesterday at ladipo auto market and center pot to b fixed tomorw,i ve replace the Air filters,air flow meter, 3 plugs easy ones to change and my mech used abbro injector cleaner to clean the injector mouth with oil on it and all fluid entered the injector and yet my quest still drinks fuel?

At the moment,the engine run is now high above 1 d normal idle engine run...the engine is high but if I put on d AC,its come down abit still above 1 indicator on ma dashboard...I don't no d name of d meter...perhaps acceleration reading meter and my mech said it's will stop once d dirty fluids burns out as I keep driving the car

Will this new tok Catalyst(N20k) and d long center pot N8k stop d fuel consumptions or there is anoda fault...or I nid to do car scan....can I get a free car scan? Lol
For ur info,dey ve stole my catalyst in d car 3yr ago n d centre pot is empty inside wen my panel beater worked on it last n asked for replacement

Pls am patient waiting for gud answer cos I can't afford to drive and cry

Attached 1st pic is d car
2nd I d catalyst showin dat it had been open n stolen
3rd is d center pot bad

1 Share

Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by franklynsunny(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2016
Pls comment

Dis is d new catalyst I got wit closed eyes and exhaust pots

I want d fuel consumptions to drop pls

I can't afford to b fuelin d car in dis Buhari tenure

Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by mayor2013: 10:40am On Jun 19, 2016
Fuel still coming up to 200# per litre grin. First thing you need to do is run a scan. A lot of component on car if bad can be responsible for high fuel consumption. How then do you know whats bad ? If you are in lagos call multi autolab for a free scan. Scan ends by monday 20th june 2016 by close of work (5pm)
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by franklynsunny(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2016
mayor2013:
Fuel still coming up to 200# per litre grin. First thing you need to do is run a scan. A lot of component on car if bad can be responsible for high fuel consumption. How then do you know whats bad ? If you are in lagos call multi autolab for a free scan. Scan ends by monday 20th june 2016 by close of work (5pm)

Thanks
Pls give me his contact mobile line and address pls...am in lagos nw
Re: Gazzuzz,mayor2013,siena Your Advice Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Jun 20, 2016
franklynsunny:

Thanks
Pls give me his contact mobile line and address pls...am in lagos nw

08165520837 or 08156087872. bb pin-7BE1C522. multiautolab2015@gmail.com. reapir of bosch and non bosch vechicles using high tech diagnostic testers. value added services include sales of workshop equipments and sales of diagnostic scanners

(1) (Reply)

. / My Car Doesn't Start On Time When Engine Is Hot / The Abc Of Getting Tinted Glass Permit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.