Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt (3365 Views)

Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) / A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Olarewajub: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2016
Hey Nairaladers!
Please i want to know how i will be able to travel from PH to Jos by rail. What is the transportation cost and how many days is the journey likely to take?
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2016
On a light note: u go to d train station n enter naa..... Back to d matter, check d day they leave for d north from Portharcourt, though I think it's Tuesday (don't know if t has changed sha). Also don't know it they go to Jos but I know they pass through Nasarawa and Abuja, which are both close to Jos. As for how long, ull be getting there the a day after you started d journey provided u left in the morning of the previous day.
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Olarewajub: 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
On a light note: u go to d train station n enter naa..... Back to d matter, check d day they leave for d north from Portharcourt, though I think it's Tuesday (don't know if t has changed sha). Also don't know it they go to Jos but I know they pass through Nasarawa and Abuja, which are both close to Jos. As for how long, ull be getting there the a day after you started d journey provided u left in the morning of the previous day.

Thanks for the reply, i really appreciate. I'm currently not base in PH. Do you have any ideal how much it will cost to get a ticket?
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Olarewajub:

Thanks for the reply, i really appreciate. I'm currently not base in PH. Do you have any ideal how much it will cost to get a ticket?

A little above #1,100..... Because from Portharcourt to Nasarawa is #1,100.....
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Olarewajub: 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

A little above #1,100..... Because from Portharcourt to Nasarawa is #1,100.....

wow that's really cheap. i think N1,500 should go.
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Olarewajub:

wow that's really cheap. i think N1,500 should go.

Yeah, it's that cheap
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Olarewajub: 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Yeah, it's that cheap
Train station is at Azikiwe street close to Rsust, Right. Can i Get my ticket on Tuesday morning?.
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Olarewajub:

Train station is at Azikiwe street close to Rsust, Right. Can i Get my ticket on Tuesday morning?.

Bros, ull need to confirm that yourself. The last time I boarded was for the Xmas holiday n even though I paid for Portharcourt, I stopped at Umuahia cos I had a change of direction n t was closer home. Wish they had a number u could call though, but don't know about thay
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Olarewajub: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Bros, ull need to confirm that yourself. The last time I boarded was for the Xmas holiday n even though I paid for Portharcourt, I stopped at Umuahia cos I had a change of direction n t was closer home. Wish they had a number u could call though, but don't know about thay

Thanks i really appreciate your reply. I will try and contact somebody in PH
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by sospecial111: 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
please, does anyone know the current train fare & schedule from port harcourt to abuja? will you advise going by train?
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by rinzaugustine: 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
I dont there there is any rail link between southern and northern nigeria.I only know of the link between western and northern i.e lagos to illorin to kano to kaduna etc but you can confirm from the station to be very sure
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by HarryDuce(m): 11:25am On Mar 23, 2017
rinzaugustine:
I dont there there is any rail link between southern and northern nigeria.I only know of the link between western and northern i.e lagos to illorin to kano to kaduna etc but you can confirm from the station to be very sure
There is a link, functional infact from port harcourt
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Roseey0(f): 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
I was in mile1 market one day and a train came in from the north
Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
HarryDuce:
There is a link, functional infact from port harcourt

Sure.... I boarded one heading to Port Harcourt at Nasarawa, n t was coming from Kano...

So u r correct Bros, there z a functioning rail from northern to southern Nigeria... Fridays z the day t moves to d East, return journey z on Tuesdays

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hi, Koreanlord, please is there a way to contact you outside here?

I'm applying for an M.Sc program in South Korea. Want to get more information from someone already there.

Mbok

(1) (Reply)

With 5m Savings Which Country Is Easiest I Can Move To / Nigerians in conch republic and slovenia / The Top 10 Most Racist Countries In The World (includes One African Country)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.