Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion (23584 Views)

Lawyer Files Suit At ECOWAS, High Courts To Compel Arrest Of Arewa Youth Leaders / EFCC Files Fresh Charges Against Fani-kayode / Saraki Files Fresh Motion To Disqualify CCT Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Limitednow: 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
ADENIYI Ademola, justice of the federal high court in Abuja, has adjourned a suit challenging the veracity of the academic credentials of President Muhammadu Buhari indefinitely.

In his ruling on Thursday, Adeniyi said that the case was being adjourned indefinitely, following a notice of appeal filed by the president.

On Wednesday, Buhari had appealed against a previous ruling of the court dismissing his preliminary objection to the suit filed by Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe, an Abuja-based lawyer.

The bottom-line of Nwokocha’s suit is that Buhari was not qualified to run for president because he did not possess the minimum qualification to run for the office.

He is alleging that Buhari did not sit for the Cambridge West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961.

Senior lawyers lined up by the president to argue his case are Wole Olanipekun (SAN), Lateef O. Fagbemi (SAN), Akin Olujinmi (SAN), Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu (SAN), Kola Awodein (SAN), Taiwo Osipitan (SAN).

Others are Charles Edosomwan (SAN), Emeka Ngige (SAN), Femi Atoyebi (SAN), Femi Falana (SAN), Funke Aboyade (SAN), H.O. Afolabi.

Meanwhile, Nnamdi Nwokocha Ahaiwe has filed an amended suit before a Federal high Court in Abuja challenging the academic qualification of President Muhammadu Buhari.

In the amended motion on notice before Justice Ademola Adeniyi filed on Monday, Ahaiwe is seeking an order of the court invalidating the candidature of Buhari in respect of the 2015 general election.

The lawyer also wants the court to order the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to withdraw the ‘Certificate-of-Return’ to Buhari and issue a fresh one to former president, Goodluck Jonathan, who came second in the election.

Ahaiwe’s pending suit filed in the court in 2015 is contending that the president does not possess the minimum constitutional requirement of a primary six certificate or a West African School Certificate.

http://.com/certificate-saga-as-court-adjourns-case-indefinitely-lawyer-files-fresh-motion-against-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by hucienda: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
lol... that blindfold wey dey for lady law face with sword and scale on both hands dey transparent for this Buhari case.

I feel for Justice Ademola... the forces against him are overwhelming.

Buhari has no WASCertificate to present to the court to help Falana and co defend this illegality and corruption. So what else can they do? Borrow a leaf from the Republicans on the current Justice Garland case and...

Stall. Stall. Stall.

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by ozoigbondu: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
Which one is better hiring 15 SANS or bringing out your certificate from your wardrope

#PMBshowurcertifcate

251 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by estyvino(m): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hhmm
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Dreal11247: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
May God deliver this nation.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Mynd44: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
Interesting

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Limitednow: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mynd44:
Interesting

I made the post before the guy
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by ShowYourCertificate: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
The evil that men do lives with them. This Buhari Certificate will keep on haunting him. I promised to deactivate my account the very moment Buhari shows Nigerians his certificate but it seems my account will forever remain active since he has no certificate grin

People are crying that the country is hard. Why won't it be hard when a certificateless senile dullard from Daura is the president grin

215 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Originality007: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
we no

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by hucienda: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
The evil that men do lives with them. This Buhari Certificate will keep on haunting him. I promised to deactivate my account the very moment shows Nigerians his certificate but it seems my account will forever remain active since he has no certificate grin
People are crying that the country is hard. Why won't it be hard when a certificateless senile dullard from Daura is the president grin

Interesting.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Splinz(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
Let me see any idiot that will say Buhari has any integrity. Corruption fighter my foot!

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by ItalianWine(f): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin Let me hear that Buhari and APC does not end their political tenure inconclusive

I Laugh in Italian Wine

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by MadCow1: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hahahahahahaaaa..

Dem wan sue President.. grin

Dem never hala.

Even Justice sef dey look face.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Amazing decision, at least the courts can focus on other urgent matters such as :

- Saraki
- Ekweremadu
- Dasukigate
- Diezanigate
- Jonathangate
- Boho Haram Suspects
- Avengers Suspects
- Wike's Staff charged with Terrorism
- among others

Sai Buhari

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Rexphobia(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Just imagine Buhari does not win this case, what will happen... His election will be annulled and then what?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by somehowpenis(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
Buhari remains the biggest _fool Nigeria ever had as its president

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Dallazday(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
chai, buhari na 1 chance

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by cosmatika(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
Buhari show us ur certificate

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Joel3(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
...it clear to all that buhari is a certificateless man. this are the guys who benefited in the corrupt quota system. a corrupt man is fighting corrupt politicians. it doesn't work that way. e.g Senate president.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by GWMI(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
If President Buhari really have the certificate why not present it?Presenting it in the court is the best prove to remove every doubt.Buhari Please present your certificate and stop this defence.Thanks.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Dallazday(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
Joel3:
space booker, i sight you cool
Joel3:
space booker, i sight you
Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by ajebuter(f): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
I wont blame Buhari in this instance but our corrupt judiciary

When the judiciary turns blind eye to executive impunity

Then the masses can only petition God and wait for the next election

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Built2last: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
Our dear president is returning on sunday with his certificate from Cambridge college.

If he doesn't return with it ...hmmmmmmmmmm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by rejosom(m): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
Kwarapshun

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by austinbrown: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Buhari Should step down simple, if na another person now this same Buhari or whatever his name is will be jumping up and down

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by KAYNINI(m): 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
so sad that the corruption campaign is a sad scam

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by kurt09(m): 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Who want equity must come with clean hands.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing decision, at least the courts can focus on other urgent matters such as :

- Saraki
- Ekweremadu
- Dasukigate
- Diezanigate
- Jonathangate
- Boho Haram Suspects
- Avengers Suspects
- Wike's Staff charged with Terrorism
- among others

Sai Buhari
You resemble what you posted above

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion by alcmene: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is ridiculous. 13 SAN to defend whether certificate exist or not.

I think the simplest thing to end this world class embarrassment is to present the certificate if probably the internet one is genuine.

Otherwise this is the highest grade of corruption.

46 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Arrives In Sokoto To Condole With Family Of Shehu Shagari / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government / After Train Attack, Army Repels Invasion Of Abuja By Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.