Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. (6799 Views)

See My Blogging Life Story And How I Became Successful / Please Guys I Need Help, Check Out My Blogging. / I Need A Laptop For My Blogging Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Bbsharon(f): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
About three weeks ago I decided to start blogging and I was so much thrilled by the testimonies from bloggers who are making it big ignoring the reputable no of years ago they started. I wanted to make it big too...the cool cash was ringing in my head and the fact I know I can write as in do my own stuffs originally was not in my head. That was not the point, the point was how can I also start making my money fast from blogging too. I pondered and got little advices from different folks here and there about how to start and all.

I realised something was selling faster and that was gossips and rational stories, people were more interested in caring more about people's life than their own especially the ladies, the guys have the fair part of engaging in political news. So I decided I was going to start blogging about that, quickly I set up my blog,created a Facebook page to promote it and also on forums. I was getting good page views for a start up but then I was not happy with what I was doing.

I knew I could get stories from the net and then review it and report it in my own words. I was writing about things I didn't have passion for naturally. On a norm am not a celebrity freak in fact in my social media platforms if am following a celebrity then am after an attribute squarely and not for following sake, I don't follow them up or troll them around because in the real essence the word celebrity has a different meaning to me.

So I started following them up to get the latest gist about them. It freaked me out just after the first week. I knew I was running a race where on the long run my integrity might not hold water. Today every Nigerian blogger are competing in an effortless race of doing same thing. No originality, no genuine passion neither do they have the patience. I don't want to end up like that, I want to build my own story,build my own integrity and create my own standards in the little way I can.

So I restatgize and decided on what to do, I decided to quit the rush hour technique I was using and build on my passion. I deleted every post I didn't solely write on my blog and started writing afresh. I never knew I could write so much and express myself in the way I have been doing in my writings of late.

As I write each new post now am happy with what am doing...I just keep on writing and the ideas just keep coming. There is no rush about getting my writeup out there, no rush about getting goggle absence, I just want to write and learn more,explore new skills and embrace new opportunities. I know very soon people will embrace the real bloggers who don't just do the copy and paste and troll after celebrities...it's just a matter of time.

Now I read more and think more,I want to create a standard for myself and that's what am working on.

The beauty in creativity is self expression...

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

http://damidemi..ae/2016/06/my-blogging-storthe-beauty-in-creativity.html?m=1

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 17, 2016
Cool...
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Rapsainot(m): 6:16am On Jun 17, 2016
1 How much did you pay LALA
2 Thunder fire my left I click on that link

2 Likes

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by maximunimpact(m): 6:18am On Jun 17, 2016
Well great you wanna stand out, but then your blog domain is not standing out, your template is not standing out, your platform is not standing out, the idea of using personal as domain is a cliche' and it's not standing out, i also think your supposed original content may not stand out as well, needless to say your niche? same old story. If you wanna stand out think about these facts. To earn a dime online you have to think of one thing and and one only, and that is: what problem can you solve for your readers through your content? if you can't solve any problem for them am afraid they will not earn you anything. My humble opinion about blogging.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 17, 2016
First of all. How the fvck did this make fp?

An advice for the op. Do you want to make money or you want to just write creatively. You can actually do both but you need to move off . and get your own domain name.

Off-topic Question : Please Seun, is it such a difficult thing to make nairaland ads and links open in a new tab? I always wonder why it opens in the same tab.

7 Likes

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by enoch273: 6:19am On Jun 17, 2016
Bbsharon:
About three weeks ago I decided to start blogging and I was so much thrilled by the testimonies from bloggers who are making it big ignoring the reputable no of years ago they started. I wanted to make it big too...the cool cash was ringing in my head and the fact I know I can write as in do my own stuffs originally was not in my head. That was not the point, the point was how can I also start making my money fast from blogging too. I pondered and got little advices from different folks here and there about how to start and all.

I realised something was selling faster and that was gossips and rational stories, people were more interested in caring more about people's life than their own especially the ladies, the guys have the fair part of engaging in political news. So I decided I was going to start blogging about that, quickly I set up my blog,created a Facebook page to promote it and also on forums. I was getting good page views for a start up but then I was not happy with what I was doing.

I knew I could get stories from the net and then review it and report it in my own words. I was writing about things I didn't have passion for naturally. On a norm am not a celebrity freak in fact in my social media platforms if am following a celebrity then am after an attribute squarely and not for following sake, I don't follow them up or troll them around because in the real essence the word celebrity has a different meaning to me.

So I started following them up to get the latest gist about them. It freaked me out just after the first week. I knew I was running a race where on the long run my integrity might not hold water. Today every Nigerian blogger are competing in an effortless race of doing same thing. No originality, no genuine passion neither do they have the patience. I don't want to end up like that, I want to build my own story,build my own integrity and create my own standards in the little way I can.

So I restatgize and decided on what to do, I decided to quit the rush hour technique I was using and build on my passion. I deleted every post I didn't solely write on my blog and started writing afresh. I never knew I could write so much and express myself in the way I have been doing in my writings of late.

As I write each new post now am happy with what am doing...I just keep on writing and the ideas just keep coming. There is no rush about getting my writeup out there, no rush about getting goggle absence, I just want to write and learn more,explore new skills and embrace new opportunities. I know very soon people will embrace the real bloggers who don't just do the copy and paste and troll after celebrities...it's just a matter of time.

Now I read more and think more,I want to create a standard for myself and that's what am working on.

The beauty in creativity is self expression...

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

Nice blog ma'am, cool and beautiful designs...but your desktop view need jump breaks, you can message me on 08179538301 for help, no charge.

2 Likes

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by SafeDavid(m): 6:21am On Jun 17, 2016
tongue
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by VocalWalls: 6:27am On Jun 17, 2016
For real?
Anyways, good job. I am glad you have come this far...

Re-arranging Your Home's Wiring In Decorative Patterns

Orikinla:
Only VERY FEW BLOGGERS are making ends meet in Nigeria
Bloggers who make more than N1 million a year are not up to 10.
Many are using blogging as cover up for online scams.
Google has the list of bloggers who make money in Nigeria.
The richest bloggers in Nigeria did not make their money from AdSense, but from direct patronage.
The richest Nigerian blogger is not Linda Ikeji. She has well paid staff which Linda does not have. Paying staff millions monthly is not moin-moin. She does not make noise, because she does not have to.
She is also happily married..

For real bro, there's cash in it. It's not only about adsense, there's also affiliate marketing where you get a commission for refering people to buy stuff from an online store.
There's also the one of music promotion, they come so often, seeing that we have lots of upcoming musicians...
I have also written a number of sponsored posts, and got paid for it.
However, blogging is not my full time hustle, but it's easy money too, cheap or not.
the problem is just that a lot of bloggers don't know how to monetize... they need help
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 17, 2016
cool blog! keep it up! contact me to help you move it from to wordpress to explore unlimited blogging features.
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Rexyl(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2016
blogging without electricity gives serious headache

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by ibuzzngr: 6:43am On Jun 17, 2016
Very nice y dear, you made the right choice and now you're enjoying it..Good luck with your blogging

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by deturla: 6:44am On Jun 17, 2016
Splufic Bro...We will all get there!!

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by matrixx9(m): 6:44am On Jun 17, 2016
My advice.. Get a domain name.. You won't be respected as with that behind your url. Also know that success in blogging doesn't depend on only writing style.. There are a lot of rules you have to break.. SEO is also important. I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by theLearningCEO: 6:47am On Jun 17, 2016
Very good one Sharon. You've discovered the first step to all this: self-expression. Now as long as you want to make money at all, you MUST question what the market wants. It must not be gossip, it must not be politics. But demand exists and to make money, demand must be satisfied. That is business. Now imagine you discover where your personal passion and a demand in the market meet UNDER ONE TOPIC. Instant gold! This is what you're looking for my friend. This is the goldmine of every life fulfilling business. Hit me up on Whatsapp 08185880605. We'll find this niche topic where you can fit in well and let's also discuss branding. Very important.

P.S: Quote me when you get this please. I need to take my number off here soon. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Herapal(m): 6:49am On Jun 17, 2016
"I know very soon people will
embrace the real bloggers who don't just do the copy
and paste and troll after celebrities...it's just a matter of
time."- Bbsharon

True. I hate plagiarism. Keep it up, I'll start mine soon.

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by deturla: 6:53am On Jun 17, 2016
maximunimpact:
Well great you wanna stand out, but then your blog domain is not standing out, your template is not standing out, your platform is not standing out, the idea of using personal as domain is a cliche' and it's not standing out, i also think your supposed original content may not stand out as well, needless to say your niche? same old story. If you wanna stand out think about these facts. To earn a dime online you have to think of one thing and and one only, and that is: what problem can you solve for your readers through your content? if you can't solve any problem for them am afraid they will not earn you anything. My humble opinion about blogging.

Cut her a little slack, now??

Na wa oh...This could be done in PM or in a more subtle way. LOL

IMO though.

2 Likes

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Coldfeets: 7:00am On Jun 17, 2016
adrianstylez:
First of all. How the fvck did this make fp?

An advice for the op. Do you want to make money or you want to just write creatively. You can actually do both but you need to move off . and get your own domain name.

Off-topic Question : Please Seun, is it such a difficult thing to make nairaland ads and links open in a new tab? I always wonder why it opens in the same tab.

You just spoke my mind!

I've always wondered why no nairaland links open in a new tab automatically after being clicked.

maximunimpact:

I guess she's just a beginner.

Everything about her blog reeks of unprofessionalism.

But it's good for a start and I believe that with time she will get it right tongue
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by LeBlack: 7:03am On Jun 17, 2016
Bbsharon:

Afi Google Absense naa!

4 Likes

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by haconjy(m): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2016
So it is...
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2016
I feel like this is coming from me. I started blogging last year and I had to dive into the entertainment niche simply because that's what people were after. Am a good writer though but lifting post and images online to post on my blog was so unsatisfying. I wasn't blogging for the passion of it. I kept doing that for almost six months and the comments on my blog were one I had to urge people to which they did in a perfunctory manner cause I'm friend.. I gave up finally thereby deleting the blog that has caused me so much misery.

Few weeks ago, I set up another blog but this time around, I was blogging as a result of passion. just within a month of setting up the blog, I have gotten over a total of 30 comments. That's pretty good for a fresher like me. Am more happy and enthusiastic about my next post cause is coming from me. I never knew I was a good writer until last few weeks.

Thanks for sharing your testimony op.

2 Likes

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by prof800(m): 7:32am On Jun 17, 2016
Cool. There is beauty in creativity.

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by wizkidblogger(f): 7:46am On Jun 17, 2016
adrianstylez:

Opening in new tab makes no sense. It's OK opening in same tab.
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Orikinla(m): 7:47am On Jun 17, 2016
[size=20pt]Only VERY FEW BLOGGERS are making ends meet in Nigeria
Bloggers who make more than N1 million a year are not up to 10.
Many are using blogging as cover up for online scams.
Google has the list of bloggers who make money in Nigeria.
The richest bloggers in Nigeria did not make their money from AdSense, but from direct patronage.
The richest Nigerian blogger is not Linda Ikeji. She has well paid staff which Linda does not have. Paying staff millions monthly is not moin-moin. She does not make noise, because she does not have to.
She is also happily married..[/size]
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by dat9jagirl: 7:54am On Jun 17, 2016
theLearningCEO:
Very good one Sharon. You've discovered the first step to all this: self-expression. Now as long as you want to make money at all, you MUST question what the market wants. It must not be gossip, it must not be politics. But demand exists and to make money, demand must be satisfied. That is business. Now imagine you discover where your personal passion and a demand in the market meet UNDER ONE TOPIC. Instant gold! This is what you're looking for my friend. This is the goldmine of every life fulfilling business. Hit me up on Whatsapp 08185880605. We'll find this niche topic where you can fit in well and let's also discuss branding. Very important.

P.S: Quote me when you get this please. I need to take my number off here soon. Thanks

Okay this isn't bbsharon but what you said is really true...please do check out my blog www.tonyesheartbeat.com I'm also in similar niche but I vowed to write my self and be creative at it too ..

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by theLearningCEO: 8:09am On Jun 17, 2016
dat9jagirl:

Okay this isn't bbsharon but what you said is really true...please do check out my blog www.tonyesheartbeat.com I'm also in similar niche but I vowed to write my self and be creative at it too ..

Incredible layout Tonye! Huge potential I see here. Your "templating" is incredible. Yet as I see, you have almost zero customer engagement. Back to our square one: demand, are you meeting it? Hit me on Whatsapp let's trash it all out.

And you'll need to differentiate yourself from the competition.
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by emmyw(m): 8:15am On Jun 17, 2016
Ok
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Endougs(m): 8:28am On Jun 17, 2016
dat9jagirl:

Please who designed your blog template the most beautiful blog I have seen so far.

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by Interesting15: 8:29am On Jun 17, 2016
dat9jagirl:

Your blog is wow

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by dat9jagirl: 8:35am On Jun 17, 2016
Endougs:

Please who designed your blog template the most beautiful blog I have seen so far.

Thank you...a template linked up from a friend
Re: My Blogging Story...The Beauty In Creativity. by dat9jagirl: 8:36am On Jun 17, 2016
Interesting15:

Your blog is wow

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CSS Vs Tables / 12 Seo Mistakes To Avoid If You Want To Rank Higher / Looking For Nigerian Blogs That Centers On Personal Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.