Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem (60988 Views)

Do You Still Remember Your Secondary School Anthem / 15 Things Every Nigerian Will Remember About Reproductn Class In Secndry Sch. / Share Your School Anthem And Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
virginboy1:

chai, hope he didn't flogged you? lolz

He was the only teacher that slapped me. Up till now the slap still resonance in my subconscious lolz
lol, i ran away it was pastor and mr john who gave me the beating of my life
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Biolagurl(f): 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
kolexy:

Omo St Helen's. My sister was '91/92 set.
wow dats cool.I am 2007 set tho.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by itzMizELo(f): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
so no nairalander attended Ambrose Alli University Secondary School, Ekpoma
hhmmmmmmm
na wa
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by kingarizona1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ada9103:
Yes. Keeping up with the Adanians. Wow how sweet

Lmao___ so na wetin dey hungry you...lolzZ see your mouth. Its not only keeping up with the ADAnians , its "Keeping up with the OBIkerenke's" smiley
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Ada9103(f): 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lolsssss............
kingarizona1:

Lmao___ so na wetin dey hungry you...lolzZ see your mouth. Its not only keeping up with the ADAnians , its "Keeping up with the OBIkerenke's" smiley
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Antina(f): 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
kolin4ril99:

Yes........which year did u pass out
cheesy
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Bigdocemo(m): 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
YEWA SECONDARY SCHOOL, IGBOGILA, YEWA NORTH, OGUN STATE ( 2005) .

Awake in all your fields of endeavor
Present students, teachers and alumni
Steadfastness, discipline and harmony
Promoting love and understanding
Be exemplary in our conduct
Carpe Diem our established motto
The founders of the YEWA SEC
Never stir a sense of betrayal
O God bless us bless our nation and keep us safe in all we do.

UP SCHOOL.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Bobxin: 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Delta State University Secondary School
(2008)
School Anthem

Arise Arise Delsu Secondary school
Beam forth beam forth Delsu Secondary School
Wherever you go you're meant to shine so
Whatever you do just flourishes
Oh beaming sun arise
Oh God, our God, of all knowledge are found
In whom our strength and character is found
Come stablish fast this our moto
Knowledge and character
Oh beaming knowledge and character
Surpasses wealth
Oh Delsu Secondary School

Arise Arise Delsu Secondary school
Beam forth beam forth Delsu Secondary School
Wherever you go you're meant to shine so
Whatever you do just flourishes
Oh beaming sun arise

God bless Delsu Secondary School
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Noobshakur(m): 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
PreciousRahl:

School : Demonstration Secondary School, Warri , Delta State.

*clears throat* ahem

College of education, demonstration secondary school warri smiley
, we hail and adore thee, to godliness and discipline, and academic excellence... To ensure a bright future.,

God help us to do our best cheesy cheesy
Clears throat ahem College of education Demonstration secondary school warri we hail and adore thee for the good of man our motto is knowledge for progress is our aim we'll strive to bring this fame.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by darocha1: 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
dadoctore:

Carry on smartly navy boy! I just gotta add, there was a proposal on adopting a new NNSSAB anthem back in the day and Mr Sam Loco(not the late popular actor, God rest his soul) did a pretty good job on that, though we ended up sticking with the old one. I remember a few lines and it goes thus
We are great Nigerian navy boys are great, bravo zulu we are great
Sing it loud in the North, South, East and West we are proud we are the best
Marching forward and never backward joyfully we are sailing through
This generation and those yet to come shall always be proud of her...

I think I tried, some other ex-navy boy pls pick up from here if you remember
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Emrixx(f): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Sweetie25:

u no go kill me
nne u look very beautiful,take my number 07061988920
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Harllymart(f): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Oops! So L.B.I still exist. Do dey still call most noisest class, illegal bogger,Dance of shame and all dat?
pheyhi:

Yes oooo
Arise great kankonians, school of fame and excellence
Built on the land of peace and success
I will study hard and strive to make you great
Rain and shine, night and day we shall strive to attain excellent
With discipline and sound morals, thy name shall shine in m....
Bless our enterprise almighty
To gladden heart of authority
Parents and teachers,
The best is the best and we are the best of the best

can you remember L. B. I?
Lasmock bureau of investigation
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by BumbleBee2ice(f): 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
*smiles* thnks omo town mi. They cnt be more correct u knw. #islandblood#
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by oprah007(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
beedam:

I'm a spedian too. So happy to read this anthem tonight. Passed out in 2002. Stayed in the boarding house too. You will surely know my family well. We were 4 of us there then.

Wow! nice to meet you Senior Beedam grin grin . We are Spedians, Nurtured down to culture, Groomed to Rule. Was in S.S 2F when u passed out. I think you are the same set with one of the most wicked seniors in SISS Boarding School History; Senior Moschino. Omo my provisions suffer for this senior hand; eh! embarassed embarassed
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by beedam(f): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
oprah007:

Wow! nice to meet you Senior Beedam grin grin . We are Spedians, Nurtured down to culture, Groomed to Rule. Was in S.S 2F when u passed out. I think you are the same set with one of the most wicked seniors in SISS Boarding School History; Senior Moschino. Omo my provisions suffer for this senior hand; eh! embarassed embarassed

Malik where are you o. Somebody don finish you for here oooo. grin grin grin (I remember TJMY crew) social night things then grin. Funny and good memories.

Do you know someone called LARLAS then? He was 2001batch.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by beedam(f): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by door2(m): 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ijebu ode gramma school ijebu ode. 1. Thou dawn of light that vision bringeth all
The guide of sages great with pow'r endow'd
That ages through illumine Lord and thrall
We e'er thee great and pledge ourselves avow'd
Non Nobis, Domine!
2. Thou source of life eternal on thy throne
Who lone doth strike the chord of noblest good
In all to selfless service make their loan
From thy exemplar lead to earth on road
Non Nobis, Domine!
3. (a) Gansallo joint with Cole, Our sires, of prime
To both we pray our homage due for aye
(b) Great Phillips, Prince of Church from prelate
sprung
To you, we pay our homage due for aye
(c) Brave kuti, offspring, true for Church and State
(d) Efunkoya, the mighty pedadogue
(e) James Johnson, Afric's Son of Church of Prince
(f) Odumosu, Ijebu's pride of deeds
(g) Shadare twin with Dad olusoga
4. Then, comrades, shout with might and fervour true
We pledge to all, ourselves for aye avow'd
our hands, our heads, our hearts to all Divine
Non Nobis, Domine!

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
Smellymouth:
I went to more than One secondary school, One of them is Federal Government College, Warri::

Great Fedgocol I thee revere/
My ever dearest alma mater/
Prepare me with the tenderset care/
a seedling nursed a blossom fair/
Instill in me the wisdon and truth/
To tread on earth with love in view/
Uphold the course of brotherhood in honour bound/
Be true and good
On that glorius day/
I am yet to see/
When thee I leave for life's great sea/
Great Fedgo, fedgocol with pride and joy /
I vow to reflect, and thee adore/

Waoooo... Pro Unite

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by oprah007(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
beedam:

Malik where are you o. Somebody don finish you for here oooo. grin grin grin (I remember TJMY crew) social night things then grin. Funny and good memories.

Do you know someone called LARLAS then? He was 2001batch.

cry cry U mean Senior Moschino is here on Nairaland?! Right here?! Right now?!

Run out of thread.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
[b]QUEEN OF THE HOLY ROSARY SECONDARY SCHOOL..{Jss1-Jss3}

Queen of the holy Rosary bless us as we pray,
Mother of holy ghost and everlasting love pray for us today,
Oh! Virgin Mary, Queen of all the angels,
Oh full of her grace employ all the earth_________.

*FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GIRLS COLLEGE GBOKO{ss1-ss3}

FGGC gboko, we hail thee,
The seat of academic excellent,
We make the name, Gboko rings the bell,
Nationwide and far beyond....
B in academics,
B in sports,
B in culture,
B in discipline,
FGGC gboko is the best_____________________________________________________________________________________••

PRO UNITEgringrin

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by beedam(f): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

omg! SISS?! *soobs*
I've once attended Sped too, it was the best school i ever attended, no shouting, loitering, running, sports, bullying, giraffing, no sh.its, it has good pupils from polite homes. (mostly FCE Staff children)
Everything was calm and in order, and that was in year 2000.
However, i finished at the renowed and rugged Igbobi College Yaba as a border.
Igbobi college's anthem has four stanzas with a chorus sandwitched inbetween, the most outstanding part of the anthem is the last sentence of the chorus;
"Wherever there's an Igbobian, there also is a noble NIGERIAN"
UP IC!!
(2002 set)

SISS is a wonderful school. The hostel life was so interesting and I can never forget Mr. Aremu( the great biology teacher). 2002 set, social science class
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
WetSmoke:
FGGC Gboko, we hail thee
you're the seat of academic excellence
we make d name, Gboko rings the bell
nationwide and far beyond

be it in academics
be it in sports
be it in culture...

Waooo..... Can I know you.....

Proudly FGGC gbokokiss

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by mzjaney(f): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
PreciousRahl:

School : Demonstration Secondary School, Warri , Delta State.

*clears throat* ahem

College of education, demonstration secondary school warri smiley
, we hail and adore thee, to godliness and discipline, and academic excellence... To ensure a bright future.,

God help us to do our best cheesy cheesy

second stanza goes...

college of education demonstration secondary school. obey thy Clarion's call.. for the good of man our motto is "knowledge for progress" is our aim we will strive to bring this ......

I can't remember the last word.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by oathman(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
scholes23:
For those who attended LAGOS STATE MODEL COLLEGE BADORE

Hail badore we all students bless thy famous name. Glory in your strength and wisdom and your words proclaim. Arise and ever onward guide in honours name. Prayer of success is triumphant if you play thy game. A band of happy people often though we gather here. In the school we meet and are pleasant and the teachers stand out there. With the plans we had before, which we do often say. We will ever keep this motro act through knowledge badorians, act through knowledge badorians, act through knowledge badorians. We will ever keep this motto , act through knowledge badorians

Maximum Respect bro.. Maximum Respect! Great Badorian

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
AgbaNgohile:
Mine is FGGC Gboko.
Fggc gboko we hail thee,
the seat of academic excellence,
we make the name, Gboko rings the bell
nationwide and far beyond.

be it in academic
Be it in sports
be it in culture
be it in discipline
FGGC Gboko is the name.

Nigeria in microcosm
unity in diversity
fountain of knowledge
abyss of wisdom

our alma mater
we love you
your name we project afar
proud to be your product
we call on all.
to thank God for his blessings

Waoooo.....*clapping *

Proudly FGGC gboko

*can I know you

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by oprah007(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
beedam:

SISS is a wonderful school. The hostel life was so interesting and I can never forget Mr. Aremu( the great biology teacher). 2002 set, social science class

Yes o! Mr Aremu. One of the tallest teacher at that time and he sabi beat, eh! I remember when I was given 6k for extra coaching for Biology and 5 other subjects. But u know how boiz can be, I was cajoled by friends in my dorm to use d money to get something we've always craved; A game console! Off we go, to Owode market (actually with a pass from the house master).
Well, things went fine until my Dad came calling on his usual 'Surprise visits'. As i see say Kasala don burst, na so i run go hide for inside Hostel toilet. To cut long story short, Mr Aremu was furious, I was eventually caught and well. ...U should know the rest of the story undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by greenpea: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
St Catherine girls Owo.......St keti gbo, keti ya...... Can't remember the school anthem
Moved to Imade College Imade college, we hail the
........forgot the next line
We pray to the founding fathers that we shall for age sing thy praise ........ Not sure am right
But UP SCHOOL!
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Liamm(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Gracito:
Woahhh! Doritian, I See you
did you grow up in Aba? shocked
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by beedam(f): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
oprah007:

cry cry U mean Senior Moschino is here on Nairaland?! Right here?! Right now?!

Run out of thread.

I don't know if he is here o. grin grin
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by sucobaba(m): 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
We love you beloved school,
Camp David Academy

The great molder of our might
, Camp David Academy

You thought us to be hard-working
, With honesty and with love.

You place on our hands our future,

We love you our beloved school.

@Camp David Ogba

Nur» Pri» Secondary

Assistant Head Boy 2002/2003
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by beedam(f): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
oprah007:

Yes o! Mr Aremu. One of the tallest teacher at that time and he sabi beat, eh! I remember when I was given 6k for extra coaching for Biology and 5 other subjects. But u know how boiz can be, I was cajoled by friends in my dorm to use d money to get something we've always craved; A game console! Off we go, to Owode market (actually with a pass from the house master).
Well, things went fine until my Dad came calling on his usual 'Surprise visits'. As i see say Kasala don burst, na so i run go hide for inside Hostel toilet. To cut long story short, Mr Aremu was furious, I was eventually caught and well. ...U should know the rest of the story undecided undecided

Do you remember the house master and house mistress romantic saga then? O.M.G grin.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by oprah007(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
beedam:

Do you remember the house master and house mistress romantic saga then? O.M.G grin.

cheesy cheesy That's a season film o, Senior Beedam. This thread won't be enough. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards / University Of Calabar Lecturer Carries His Student's Baby During Exam / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.