Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones (17394 Views)

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Dailyfavour(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Want a clear suggestions from those that knows better, the advantage and disadvantage of NON-REMOVABLE battery of smartphones. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by chachanga: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
Most come with some good quality batteries and battery life but, changing the battery when it eventually taps out could be an issue later.

Till then, have fun, play games anyhow.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by femimike1(m): 6:29am On Jun 17, 2016
I thought this issue has been treated sometimes ago on here, I will share the link later.. Make I sleep small

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Seequadry(m): 6:29am On Jun 17, 2016
Hnnnmm??
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Hadone(m): 6:29am On Jun 17, 2016
Don't mind, you'll soon realize it when the phone becomes HOT, hooked up and continue generating heat. In this situation, the phone doesn't shut down a normal way. Even if you attempt to switch it off it'll refuse as the phone tends to obey no instructions, understand no language and behave adamantly arrogant. If the phone has a removable battery, then the ONLY alternative left for you is to gently remove the battery, allow it to cool down, replace the battery and switch it on to continue your activities with it. But just imagine what'll happened if the battery is non-removable and the phone hooked up, ignored instructions, refused to switch off and increases VERY HIGH temperatures with neither Fire Fighters nor Anti-Bomb Squad around the vicinity?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by VocalWalls: 6:29am On Jun 17, 2016
Hard to change... and this can be very bad over a number of years when the battery begins to get weak.
Hard booting might also be difficult in these kind of phones.
Making A Brand New Home From Scraps

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Shehucom(m): 6:30am On Jun 17, 2016
Personally I dislike the non removable battery phones. A friend had an annoying experience, her phone was just vibrating for no reason, she tried to switch off the phone but the phone refused. She had to wait till the battery drained before it went off. ....

Am typing this with a non removable battery phone sha, but I don't like it

19 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Branzy(m): 6:31am On Jun 17, 2016
use good charger
don't charge yur phone all the time
Don't use much of generator to recharge Yur phone especially I beta pass my neighbor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 17, 2016
Pros: No one can steal your battery.
Cons: No one can steal your battery so you'd get a better one. wink

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by mamaafrik(m): 6:31am On Jun 17, 2016
The battery is usually strong but if u are unlucky den ur fone may be termed as an "oku aparo"

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 17, 2016
Tecno L7 has a non removable battery but the device is sleek cool
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Rexyl(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2016
OK which one to go for and why?
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Rapsainot(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2016
[b]Inbuilt batteries doesn't allow the use of desktop chargers I hate it grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nelkoko: 6:36am On Jun 17, 2016
hmm

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by yomalex(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2016
Government Surveillance non-stop

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by highsoar(m): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2016
In a situation of emergency when your battery is down you cant borrow battery

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bqlekan(m): 6:39am On Jun 17, 2016
Just two Pros cheesy
- most non-removable batteries are stronger and last longer than the removable ones
- in case of power draining/slow charging issues, hard reset of battery stat.bin helps solve these issues compared to the removable ones (All you need do is unclip your battery or delete the battery stat.bin from system file. The former is preferable).
Cons
- Not easy to get a spare
- Not easy to change/remove when phone over heats
- in case of swollen battery, the leaks from the battery MIGHT damage the phone board

In case of flashing error with sp flash tools, you might be forced to remove your battery. This automatically voids your warranty. I'm currently experimenting with one infinix hot note now. Had to unclip the battery before flashing a new ROM.. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Kakamorufu(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2016
sometimes, you have to removed the battery to get things in order. Wich non removable ba3 sucks at big time

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 17, 2016
most such battery die within two years.
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by virginboy1(m): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2016
Major Advantage is that it comes Original, most of those Ikeja boy boy that remove new original batteries from phone will find it difficult so most times they give up.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by miketayo(m): 6:49am On Jun 17, 2016
Rapsainot:
[b]Inbuilt batteries doesn't allow the use of desktop chargers I hate it grin

Hmmm since wen
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by exelseries: 6:50am On Jun 17, 2016
I use a Sony Xperia t2 ultra... With an inbuilt battery... Serves me more, and still da bomb...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Herapal(m): 6:52am On Jun 17, 2016
Gionee M3 Mini's battery proves it all
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Anyi3(m): 6:52am On Jun 17, 2016
Kakamorufu:
sometimes, you have to removed the battery to get things in order. Wich non removable ba3 sucks at big time

If you need to do this to your phone, you need a new phone cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by whitelondon: 6:53am On Jun 17, 2016
Enjoying inbuilt battery on my droidpad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by RitzyPrince(m): 6:55am On Jun 17, 2016
Any manufacturer venturing into non-removable battery phones always have provisions on how to hard reset if need be. Defer depending on the model, for we iPhone users you just gotta press your Home and Power button simultaneously for 15s and viola it reboot. You gotta google how to go about it on the model you're on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Osyxcel(m): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2016
Pros:

Slimmer phone
Unibody phone
Lighter phone

Con:
1. It's not easy to replace battery.
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by chimah3(m): 6:58am On Jun 17, 2016
Nothing
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by AntiWailer: 7:04am On Jun 17, 2016
Buy an iPhone or a Samsung SA series or Note series

No need to worry about d battery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Paramount01(m): 7:05am On Jun 17, 2016
Later
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by femi4: 7:08am On Jun 17, 2016
Dangerous Cons: If your phone accidentally falls inside water, you can't remove the battery under 5secs. The more the battery stays inside a wet phone, the less your chances of recovering the phone.

2. You ll have to spend more on battery replacement. That is, cost of the battery + cost of fixing it

3. High risk of damaging something else in the phone if battery is being replaced by non competent engineer

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by hadura29(m): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2016
femimike1:
I thought this issue has been treated sometimes ago on here, I will share the link later.. Make I sleep small

I wonder oooooo. I am even typing with a non removable battery sef.. and I loved if more than the removable ones..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy / Ntel Emerges Leadership Telecoms Company Of The Year (Photo) / Airtel BB Subscription Slashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.